[3.24] The Warbringer Slaming Serker [League Starter | Cheap | Smash the Atlas | Slams BUFFED]

Hi frawrst,
Thank you for this melee build. I can complete acts without deaths with it.
And maps goes well. The only problem is Delve. As soon as I reach lvl 80 monsters they start oneshotting me. 79 lvl is OK, but 80 lvl..
May be you can suggest anything. Thanks a lot.
https://pobb.in/ReneGvpjDKZF
Last edited by Azzadal on Jul 19, 2023, 8:59:18 AM
"
Azzadal wrote:
Hi frawrst,
Thank you for this melee build. I can complete acts without deaths with it.
And maps goes well. The only problem is Delve. As soon as I reach lvl 80 monsters they start oneshotting me. 79 lvl is OK, but 80 lvl..
May be you can suggest anything. Thanks a lot.
https://pobb.in/ReneGvpjDKZF

hi friend

first of all thank you for kind words :) glad to hear you can own the story with this build!

unfortunately i am not a very experienced delver, but my best guess is that kaoms roots and chaos res are your biggest weakest links

kaoms is very good vs consistent slows, but in delve, not being able to evade any projectiles or attacks may be what is killing you. i know alot of the big aoe spheres and such can be projectiles/evaded, meaning kaoms makes you take every hit.

get a +1500 armour flask and a +1500 evasion flask, look into armour/evasion hybrid pieces for gloves/boots/helm. also look into berserk enchant helm, its bonus provides more % DR during berserk

chest is solid but can look for one with additional phys defence (PDR) or hybrid evasion/armour like i mentioned above

evasion is still very good vs alot of attacks

getting hybrid gear also lets you roll spell supression, which is by far the strongest defence in general in poe currently
Last edited by frawrst on Jul 21, 2023, 7:45:19 PM
Really cool build, reached 37 so far with one death because I screwed it over and walked away from phase 2 dominus and died to the crazy bleed.

really tanky... a lot of HP and defenses/res

but I must be doing something wrong with my damage, as I can barely hurt yellow mobs and bosses might take some time to kill... any ideas?
"
edyz0r wrote:
Really cool build, reached 37 so far with one death because I screwed it over and walked away from phase 2 dominus and died to the crazy bleed.

really tanky... a lot of HP and defenses/res

but I must be doing something wrong with my damage, as I can barely hurt yellow mobs and bosses might take some time to kill... any ideas?

make your profile public and ill give some tips
woopsie, there it goes!
"
edyz0r wrote:
woopsie, there it goes!

you are still working thru the campaign so ill try to give some generic tips and tricks

1. you are using vendor recipe which is very good! keep doing this everytime there is a new equipable axe/2h and youll be fine

2. you are likely not close to accuracy cap, since you do not have resolute technique yet. check your character details page (c) highlight ground slam and look at chance to hit monsters and evasive monsters. bosses and rares typically fall under the rares side, meaning you are missing more often

solve this by putting in war banner and or precision auras, until you get Resolute technique

3. chance to bleed isnt a bad support; we just dont utlize it very much past act 1/2. look into fist of war or better, brutality support. both will give much higher damages. can also swap in ruthless instead of chance to bleed.

4. for campaign, most builds recommend only killing yellows/rare monsters that are easy. we lack damage, sustain etc and rare monsters can have very powerful devensive (and offensive) mods which make pure phys builds a nightmare. I skip this in campaign unless i can easily kill it like a blue pack; otherwise its too much time wasted overall until the build i stronger.

let me know if you need any more specific help or pointers
from 3.22 patch notes

"
Added a new Strength Support Gem - Corrupting Cry: Supports Warcry Skills, making them inflict corrupted blood on enemies affected by the warcry or by the attacks that it exerts.
Added a new Strength Support Gem - Trauma: Supports strike skills you use yourself, causing you to gain Trauma the first time a Supported Attack Hits an Enemy. Supported Attacks deal added Physical Damage per Trauma, but also make you take Physical Damage per Trauma. Supported Skills can only be used with Axes, Maces, Sceptres or Staves.
Added a new Strength Support Gem - Volatility: Supports attack skills, causing them to deal more Maximum Attack Damage, but less Minimum Attack Damage. Supported Skills also deal increased Damage.

all these gems can be pretty powerful if their numbers are good

"
Stun Immunity has been removed from many Bosses in Path of Exile. This includes but is not limited to Atziri, Argus, The Vaal Omnitect and Betrayal Targets. Some Bosses now have specific skills that cannot be stunned, or cannot be interrupted. Kitava is still unable to be stunned.

this makes us even stronger for stunning :)
been doing some practice runs

https://youtu.be/zP_YuvmaJOA

heres a 6.5 hour run using maces + sunder

and today i did a 5.5 hour run with axes + sunder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq0fqpWwLDE

overall axes is stronger on league launch since they have more attack speed on tree + onslaught on kill, while maces can no longer use onslaught gem for campaign leveling

once you have a tidebreaker or strong mace you can switch back, or stay axes too if you crafted some yourself
Last edited by frawrst on Aug 12, 2023, 7:26:06 AM
So... Any Corrupting Cry thoughts, guys?
"
___KND___ wrote:
So... Any Corrupting Cry thoughts, guys?

we'll need to see the skill gem before we can make any big plays on it

unfortunately, we dont get *much* generic phys, all the phys we get is with weapons which doesnt scale current CF

so maybe it works in a unique way and is really strong :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info