[3.24] The Warbringer Slaming Serker [League Starter | Cheap | Smash the Atlas | Slams BUFFED]

Much love to twisted for helping to answer questions; i have been away from PoE for a while due to IRL situations and really love the help and support everyone is providing to all the questions

keep slamming!
"
TwistedFocus wrote:
"
Mentats wrote:
What do you guys think works better, Steelskin or Immortal Call?

I feel like IC is better since with this build we stun constantly so we also generate Endurance charge very fast for IC to consume.

With 5 EC consumed we take almost no Phys. damage and the duration is increased 100% which is 2s, longer than Steelskin.

So why is the guide recommending Steelskin? Am I missing something?

I think Steelskin is recommended because it can feel awful losing all your endurance charges and hence having a massive drop in your dmg if you use Immortal Call.

But you can use whatever you prefer! Make the build your own this is only a guide

this is truly the best advice

my guide is a template for players who dont know much about the game to get used to concepts and best practices

once you have the body setup, you are encouraged to make the build your own! add impale, go different slam skills, maybe work on a fun supreme ego version etc

the basics of the build work very well with no currency, and stuff like redblade tramplers and cheap tombfists are powerful cheap items for early league pushing

once you have alot of $$$, you should use PoB to map out upgrades and preferences. i personally like steel skin for its simplicity, its just pure extra eHP. but if you prefer molten shell (or vall version) or immortal call, do it!

much love to everyone keeping this guide alive in 2021 :)
"
Mentats wrote:
Update: jump straight to Sirus 8 first time, got him to like 20% then out of portal, must learn to dodge better.

Shaper and Elder down first try, didn't know Elder was so easy like a normal map boss haha. Haven't tried Uber Elder yet.

Sirus is a diffcult boss fight until you learn his "tricks" on how to avoid his insane dmg and fast beams

once you get used to him; he becomes a joke

normal elder is very easy for how powerful we are now, i remember in 2018 having to do a white, yellow, and red elder to progress map tiers! what a time! would need ice wall to keep zana alive lol, all kinds of different things

uber elder is like sirus, they do so much dmg that you need to perfect your movement
I think you can add this to the build:

Medium cluster jewel with Cry Wolf notable. Very affordable and make maintaining high rage charges super easy. Just instant 2 warcries at the beginning of map even with no enemies nearby will get you to 40 rage. Also helps with Berserk, keep warcrying when almost out of rage and you can prolong the berserk effect for several seconds more.

All in all super helpful.

Maybe also get together with Rattling Bellow/Lead by example (Dmg/Speed) or Warning Call (more armour, synergies well with Molten Shell), only the Warning call should cost a bit more, the first 2 are super common, but shouldn't be too expensive.
"
Mentats wrote:
I think you can add this to the build:

Medium cluster jewel with Cry Wolf notable. Very affordable and make maintaining high rage charges super easy. Just instant 2 warcries at the beginning of map even with no enemies nearby will get you to 40 rage. Also helps with Berserk, keep warcrying when almost out of rage and you can prolong the berserk effect for several seconds more.

All in all super helpful.

Maybe also get together with Rattling Bellow/Lead by example (Dmg/Speed) or Warning Call (more armour, synergies well with Molten Shell), only the Warning call should cost a bit more, the first 2 are super common, but shouldn't be too expensive.

Yes, in the next revision ill add it along with Overlord jewel recomendation

thanks for tips
I have a quick question, because I am just wondering that the gem setup in your guide here is different from the setup in PoB. Can you tell me why it is different? :D
"
Orodreth85 wrote:
I have a quick question, because I am just wondering that the gem setup in your guide here is different from the setup in PoB. Can you tell me why it is different? :D

The gem choices are flexible and depend on what stage you are at with the build and if you are making any modifications

I'll assume you are using Ground Slam as your main skill (you should make your profile public on PoE so ppl can see your characters and provide the feedback you seek).

> (Vaal) Ground Slam - Melee Physical Damage - Brutality
These 3 are core and you should upgrade to Awakened versions when you have the $$$

Optional extras:

> Fortify Support (if you don't have Overlord cluster jewel or wish to use leap slam with this support instead)

> Fist of War - adds nice AoE & dmg but can feel bad when you pop berserk or are near full rage as the inherent cool down limits this gem's usage. This describes a situation where you are attacking more frequently than Fist of War can proc, so you have attacks which do not make use of this gem, operating thus as a 5-link instead of a 6-link skill for some attacks.

> Pulverise support - Great dmg and AoE boost, at the cost of attack speed

> Shockwave support - Amazing support gem and imho highly slept on. Makes clearing packs immensely satisfying and can enhance clearing. Does hinder single target however as it will not contribute to dmg in this instance.

> Concentrated Effect - reduces AoE but increases dmg, can be good for single target fights or if you are satisfied with your AoE

> Increased area of Effect - increases AoE but reduces dmg, enhances clear but reduces single target dmg

> Ruthless - insane for single target, makes every 3rd attack hit like a truck, a great gem to swap in for tough boss fights

> Rage support - Helps keep up rage and adds flat dmg which is nice for levelling. Not really a viable end game support to have in your 6 link.

> Multistrike - wouldn't bother with this in the modern iteration of this build, we are focusing on warcries and big hits, not insane attack speed where multistrike can be used.

> Impale support - if you are using an impale variant of the build

You may go through stages of using different supports as your build evolves, but the core ones at the beginning of this post should always be there.

Hope this helps

Last edited by TwistedFocus on Mar 16, 2021, 7:12:34 AM
"
TwistedFocus wrote:
"
Orodreth85 wrote:

The gem choices are flexible and depend on what stage you are at with the build and if you are making any modifications

I'll assume you are using Ground Slam as your main skill (you should make your profile public on PoE so ppl can see your characters and provide the feedback you seek).

> (Vaal) Ground Slam - Melee Physical Damage - Brutality
These 3 are core and you should upgrade to Awakened versions when you have the $$$

Optional extras:

> Fortify Support (if you don't have Overlord cluster jewel or wish to use leap slam with this support instead)

> Fist of War - adds nice AoE & dmg but can feel bad when you pop berserk or are near full rage as the inherent cool down limits this gem's usage. This describes a situation where you are attacking more frequently than Fist of War can proc, so you have attacks which do not make use of this gem, operating thus as a 5-link instead of a 6-link skill for some attacks.

> Pulverise support - Great dmg and AoE boost, at the cost of attack speed

> Shockwave support - Amazing support gem and imho highly slept on. Makes clearing packs immensely satisfying and can enhance clearing. Does hinder single target however as it will not contribute to dmg in this instance.

> Concentrated Effect - reduces AoE but increases dmg, can be good for single target fights or if you are satisfied with your AoE

> Increased area of Effect - increases AoE but reduces dmg, enhances clear but reduces single target dmg

> Ruthless - insane for single target, makes every 3rd attack hit like a truck, a great gem to swap in for tough boss fights

> Rage support - Helps keep up rage and adds flat dmg which is nice for levelling. Not really a viable end game support to have in your 6 link.

> Multistrike - wouldn't bother with this in the modern iteration of this build, we are focusing on warcries and big hits, not insane attack speed where multistrike can be used.

> Impale support - if you are using an impale variant of the build

You may go through stages of using different supports as your build evolves, but the core ones at the beginning of this post should always be there.

Hope this helps

Ok, thank you first. I am sorry, I am not an experienced player. There is nothing to watch right now in my profile, because i am still leveling. :D

1. I am just wondering because on the first page you say use Ground Slam as Main Skill. When i open PoB, Earthshatter is the main skill. That is a bit confusing to me.

2. In the PoB there is a 6-Link Body Armour with Berserk, but in your gear explanation you write there is no need for that and we can go for Kaom's Heart. So is this the optional part in your gems and links part?

Sorry if these questions are a bit dumb^^
"
Orodreth85 wrote:

1. This build works with all slam skills. there is a list of which gems are viable with slam skills, so pick and choose which ones feel best for your play style

2. kaoms heart is a good strong defensive chest, but can be linked starved. ive moved to rare chests for slots, its preference
Last edited by frawrst on Mar 16, 2021, 6:17:39 PM
Does the permanent Stun Mechanic still work well at 3.13? Can you take a good damage to make all the content of the game using Ground Slam?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info