Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters) (1-Button, HC SSF, Pure Item Freedom)

Hey all, I'm new to POE and just started with the basic Summon reaper build. I'm lv50 atm and was wondering what could I expect from it in the late game since I haven't seen any video about it. So far feels great, some bosses regularly one shotted me. Until what map levels can it comfortably go?
Thank you so much for everything.
"
anderle wrote:
Spoiler
Hey all, I'm new to POE and just started with the basic Summon reaper build. I'm lv50 atm and was wondering what could I expect from it in the late game since I haven't seen any video about it. So far feels great, some bosses regularly one shotted me. Until what map levels can it comfortably go?
Thank you so much for everything.
Hey, Anderle!

The build really fills out with simple and basic gear. Defence becomes the natural strong point of the build as the defence gems level up and pair up with the passive tree notables. The offence starts to slow down and requires more of a gear/modifier investment. I've been able to complete all content with it, though because the build deals lower damage (for the sake of the defence), enemies that regen/leech life are patience-testing.

In terms of comfort, I don't think you'll have any issues at all. The tankiness comes naturally. You won't be able to be afk while you make dinner, but you'll have plenty of time to heal up and move when damage comes your way.

Does that help?
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Fiestybaqner wrote:
Spoiler
Now Level 93 and had an epiphany about Summon Reaper having more levels. The helm I acquired for my golems actually was well suited for SR and I was able to transition it to level 30. I have yet to get a 'good' enchant after 20+ uber labs with an amazing amount of 'twice blessed' Dark Shrines.

I'm now looking for a two gem replacement for my Purifying Flame and Penance Brand add on's for my character participation in fights.

Shield Charge and Shield Crush both failed even with a variety of support gems being tried.

i

My flasks have ended up being:

More labs to come, I'm not decide if a level 30 SR is the same as a five link SR.

You got to 94! Awesome job!!!

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Wrecker_of_Days thank you.

I'm looking at 95 as a finish, not enough hours in the day to go further and buying 100 just doesn't feel right. Everything has gone crazy market wise and I expect the economy to start getting mirror priced within a league or two. I've always felt we should start out at shards and move up this 20-100 divs for things is just stupid. Your build allowed me to go a long way on cheap gear.

Thanks so much.
"
Fiestybaqner wrote:
Spoiler
Wrecker_of_Days thank you.

I'm looking at 95 as a finish, not enough hours in the day to go further and buying 100 just doesn't feel right. Everything has gone crazy market wise and I expect the economy to start getting mirror priced within a league or two. I've always felt we should start out at shards and move up this 20-100 divs for things is just stupid. Your build allowed me to go a long way on cheap gear.

Thanks so much.
Well, getting to 95 is all you! Nice work :) .

Annnnnd

This is just my appreciation post for your Reaper build. As a beginner I must express my gratitude for sharing such effective and as I understand economical build that allows me to reach high map levels. In the beginning I was getting one shotted until I got defenses sorted and raised chaos resistances to 47%. Should I cap it as well? My armor is around 15k, and feels a little bit useless since I don't really get hit physically but mostly by some aoe spells.

I'm currently lv86 and already have filled all the required points in the passive skill tree. How is this possible, where should I allocate these next few remaining points? Important question: since I can't really go deep and kill important game bosses due to low gear, would you suggest me to re-allocate some defensive skill points into offensive?

As a new player, I feel like minion damage is somewhat incomplete as opposed to player damage because it uses strictly minion affixes. Passive skill tree contains only a teeny tiny portion of it. Regarding Reaper build, I think that we should be able to summon at least 2 of them, because as I understand from the community it isn't really that fast in comparison to many other non-minion builds.

I managed to buy and get 5Link - The Queen's Hunger chest piece, popular for minion based builds. Should I continue using it with 5 links only, or should I switch back to 6L Holy Chainmail. Since I still don't have the sense for the damage and everything, I have to ask how important is Empower gem and could it be replaced with other physical damage related gem? Also, it seems that Culling Strike gem is not so useful on mid tier maps, but good for big bosses with big health pool.

I got some amulet with +1 level to all physical based gems. Does that even work on Reaper? I didn't know such thing existed.

Question regarding your other low-life Zombie build and RF Incinerator build, how does it compare with Reaper build (Reaper is the only one i tried)? I'm tempted to try it as well, perhaps during next season.

Thank you sincerely from a random dude, who found your build by sheer luck and chance.
Last edited by anderle on Jun 13, 2023, 10:52:21 PM
Hey, anderle, I too am a random guy who had a guildie find this build while surfing around. I usually make my own builds from stuff that tickles my fancy like Voltaxic Burst or such and grind my way forward. Success for my builds is level 90.

You could look at my build and tree for ideas. I'm still sourcing around and I cheated because I had a war chest to get a tabula and such early on as this is my third league character.
"
anderle wrote:
Spoiler
This is just my appreciation post for your Reaper build. As a beginner I must express my gratitude for sharing such effective and as I understand economical build that allows me to reach high map levels. In the beginning I was getting one shotted until I got defenses sorted and raised chaos resistances to 47%. Should I cap it as well? My armor is around 15k, and feels a little bit useless since I don't really get hit physically but mostly by some aoe spells.

I'm currently lv86 and already have filled all the required points in the passive skill tree. How is this possible, where should I allocate these next few remaining points? Important question: since I can't really go deep and kill important game bosses due to low gear, would you suggest me to re-allocate some defensive skill points into offensive?

As a new player, I feel like minion damage is somewhat incomplete as opposed to player damage because it uses strictly minion affixes. Passive skill tree contains only a teeny tiny portion of it. Regarding Reaper build, I think that we should be able to summon at least 2 of them, because as I understand from the community it isn't really that fast in comparison to many other non-minion builds.

I managed to buy and get 5Link - The Queen's Hunger chest piece, popular for minion based builds. Should I continue using it with 5 links only, or should I switch back to 6L Holy Chainmail. Since I still don't have the sense for the damage and everything, I have to ask how important is Empower gem and could it be replaced with other physical damage related gem? Also, it seems that Culling Strike gem is not so useful on mid tier maps, but good for big bosses with big health pool.

I got some amulet with +1 level to all physical based gems. Does that even work on Reaper? I didn't know such thing existed.

Question regarding your other low-life Zombie build and RF Incinerator build, how does it compare with Reaper build (Reaper is the only one i tried)? I'm tempted to try it as well, perhaps during next season.

Thank you sincerely from a random dude, who found your build by sheer luck and chance.

Hey, anderle!

Thanks so much for the really kind words. I appreciate your kindness and thanks :) .

In regards to getting one-shot, the build RARELY gets one-shot. I checked out your build, and I think the biggest thing is that you're re-levelling your gems after making them 20%. I make the same mistake ALL the time when playing. Normally, when levelling for the first time, Gems are level 20 by the time we start yellow maps. So many times, after I start re-levelling my gems, I'll go into a T16 and wonder why I feel squishy. Just be patient and once your gems are back to level 20 I'm sure you'll find a big difference. Also, I think you're using an older tree? https://poeplanner.com/builds/595425 This link here I updated at the beginning of the league. If you have the ability to respec to it, it may also help you find the nodes you were missing to begin with as well.

On to your other questions, it's a "must" to get your Chaos res to at least "0". But I'm a HUGE fan of capping Chaos resistance too. It goes a long way. Same with physical damage/armour. So many of the spells you're seeing are mixing damage types. There's so many times we get hit with 50% physical and 50% lightning damage (for example). Physical damage is everywhere in PoE, it's just a game that doesn't show us anything to know any better. But trust me, it's there.

Empower and Culling Strike are up to you. I LOVE Culling enemies. So anytime I have a build that expects to get 111 Dex., I include it for sure. There are stronger support though. But I love the value of Culling enemies. Empower at level 3 isn't the strongest or weakest damage support it's right in the middle when compared to others. BUT it also improves ALL other attributes of the Reaper as well. So the Reaper's life also goes up as well with gem levels. So that makes it worth it for sure. Empower level 4 is even more superior than and is a superior damage support for all minions.

When it comes to raising active gem levels, The only way to increase tags with mods is to make sure that the mod matches the tags of the actual skill. Reaper had a physical tag, so the +1 to physical gems will increase its level.

The RF and Zombies are very different. The Zombie build does the most damage, but it's a soft-core build. You'll die sometimes. You need to be on your toes with the Zombie build. It terms of the RF build, it's wonderfully tanky, but part of that depends on Leech so it's an aggressive tank. You run into battle to be tanky (and that's not for everyone). If the build suits you, the Chief is awesome to play with. I'll be a Chief forever with RF.

I hope that helps you out! Thanks again for the wonderful words of kindness :) .

Annnnnd

Wrecker_of_Days:

TY.

Had a lot of fun, then I went and deleted my All Poison & Thumper & Acolytes (Absolution, Dominance, Purity) builds. What a noob mistake, two fully act'd characters simply erased, have hundreds upon hundreds of Respec's that would have allowed me to fail almost instantly on a couple of ideas I am baking.

ha ha

Got time to maybe road test one more build this season.

Your build was great.

Heya Wrecker

Love your Reaper build as i have recently had an injury to my hand so this build has helped me out a lot so thank you. I am currently level 82 working on the last of it which is only the increase of the resistances. I'm currently well over max on all and have maxed out the chaos resistance as well but for some reason my reaper keeps dieing so i think its my gear can you advise me on what type of gear i should be looking for so progress beyond Tier 5 maps as which is where i am currently struggling.
I have gear that also helps with the minions the usual stuff
Minions extra Crit dam , Life & resistances etc etc

So please i love this build and would like to try and take it to end game if i could so any advise would be awesome thank you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info