[3.13] [SSF] Essence Drain Beastmode || Ultimate Guide to Solo Self Found

"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
scorflex wrote:
Hello, is cherubim maleficence a good armour for this build ? According to PoB, if i equip one (i just drop one), it's a huge boost of DPS, but i lost 800 ES, gain 274 life, lose 148 evasion (at 20 % quality, i've beast recipe to corrupt to 30 %).
At the same time i havent socket a doryani jewel yet, so maybe the lost of ES can be balanced ? I don't found how to sim a doryani jewel in PoB
Here is my currently PoB : https://pastebin.com/BqpGHkpk

Cherrubim's is "alright", but it's only really good with skills like Dark Pact or when you convert a considerable amount of damage to Chaos and need a source of life leech. A rare armour will provide loads of life, evasion and energy shield as well as potentially significant crafts like +1 Curse (saves 4+ points from Whispers of Doom), life as extra ES etc.

If possible opt for a rare chest

Ok, i don't know if you have check my PoB, but it's better to keep my current armour ? Even without +1 curse ?
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
PilotLanguste wrote:
Loving this build, playing it for the second league in a row (ssf). I am doing fine (or being lucky) getting most of the relevant items for this build and general progression in the atlas/endgame. But I cannot, for the life of me, find a Witchfire Brew. Am I missing something? I've tried the Bestiary Blood Altar, Ancient Orb's, Temple Sacrifice Table, ran a shitload of maps and even attempted to chance it quite a bit but it won't drop for me. It's not a league exclusive or something isn't it? Any additional tips on how to get one? I feel like it would open up a few interesting options in the build for me at this point.

It's not league-exclusive. Sometimes chance works against you, and this sounds like a prime example of that. :(

Ancient Orbs won't help you either since the drop table for that one will be any unique flask (outside of league-exclusives, which Witchfire Brew does not belong to).

Only option is to keep grinding. Despair is super helpful and you can apply it with Bane if necessary. You could run Contagion + IncAoE + Despair in one of the 3-links for example

Yeah I thought so, well tough luck I guess. What do you mean Ancient Orb's won't help? I could theoretically convert any non-league-exclusive flask (e.g. Atziri's Promise) into a Witchfire Brew right? Isn't it worth it to try, what would I need Ancient Orb's for anyway in SSF?

Oh I didn't knew I could link despair to contagion. Does despair also spread with the contagion spreads or does it only apply to the actual target area I casted it on?

Right now I am running despair in my blasphemy setup with malevolence instead of temp chains and flesh and stone as I figured it is stronger than the last two.

The only thing that is kinda annoying is the lack of mana with my setup. I have like 1000 mana reserved and only 150 to use which is fine in normal mapping since I instantly leech on all the mobs dying but in certain boss battles the mana issues are actually visible as I cannot keep channeling blight, it's more of a stutter channel (my mana regen/s is okay but not instantly) and a definite dps-loss there. Also I often find myself in a situation where I would like to flame dash away from an attack but lacking the mana to do so. Any advice? Use despair with contagion and use flesh and stone as a less mana intensive aura instead?

I probably won't be able to farm a Solstice Vigil anytime soon to get the 'free' temp chains, would there be a decent alternative or should I just ignore temnp chains and the additional curse passive until I have the amulet?

Oh and thanks for the flawless build guide and actively answering all the questions being asked here! Great job!!!
"
PilotLanguste wrote:
Yeah I thought so, well tough luck I guess. What do you mean Ancient Orb's won't help? I could theoretically convert any non-league-exclusive flask (e.g. Atziri's Promise) into a Witchfire Brew right? Isn't it worth it to try, what would I need Ancient Orb's for anyway in SSF?

Oh I didn't knew I could link despair to contagion. Does despair also spread with the contagion spreads or does it only apply to the actual target area I casted it on?

Right now I am running despair in my blasphemy setup with malevolence instead of temp chains and flesh and stone as I figured it is stronger than the last two.

The only thing that is kinda annoying is the lack of mana with my setup. I have like 1000 mana reserved and only 150 to use which is fine in normal mapping since I instantly leech on all the mobs dying but in certain boss battles the mana issues are actually visible as I cannot keep channeling blight, it's more of a stutter channel (my mana regen/s is okay but not instantly) and a definite dps-loss there. Also I often find myself in a situation where I would like to flame dash away from an attack but lacking the mana to do so. Any advice? Use despair with contagion and use flesh and stone as a less mana intensive aura instead?

I probably won't be able to farm a Solstice Vigil anytime soon to get the 'free' temp chains, would there be a decent alternative or should I just ignore temnp chains and the additional curse passive until I have the amulet?

Oh and thanks for the flawless build guide and actively answering all the questions being asked here! Great job!!!

I was in a hurry when I wrote the reply. I meant to say it has to be a 4-link and you add Bane to the setup.

Ancient Orbs follow certain rules when choosing what the drop table looks like. Instead of just using ALL the items of the same category (e.g. a shield), they'll pick one of the same size. For certain gear like weapons or shields this has a considerable effect. If you transform a 2x4 shield like Chernobog's Pillar, you'll have a higher chance of getting a Lycosidae or a Tukohama's Fortress for example. Flasks always have 1x2 so your chance is 1:18 since stuff like Vessel of Vinctar or Dying Sun are drop-restricted or legacy. Imo a waste of currency, unless you have enough to "force" the Witchfire Brew (~20) and are desperate.

Solstice Vigil can be semi-farmed as soon as you hit high-tier red maps. Save up your Zana missions for T15's and T16's to be offered Shaper guardians and hack away. To keep your mana in check I'd recommend to always have Arcane Surge up via Flame Dash (might need some shuffeling here and there with the links if you are following my guide strictly). You could try and craft an ammy that reduces Malevolence mana reservation (Hunter influence suffix). Ideally, you'd want the 2 chaos suffixes for the DoT multiplier and the mana reservation reduction (up to 25%, which'd free 12.5% of your maximum mana). You can find all the affixes here: https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Amulet

Thanks for the kind words! Really appreciate the feedback. :)
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Jan 6, 2020, 4:46:14 PM
"
scorflex wrote:
Ok, i don't know if you have check my PoB, but it's better to keep my current armour ? Even without +1 curse ?

Despite not having any life on it, your chest is looking better to me than the Cherrubim's. :) If you want to upgrade your chest slot you should be looking into options that contain:

- 100+ life (potentiall %life as well)
- high evasion rating (best if paired if hybrid eva/es chest)
- open prefix for +1 curse OR for Jun crafting bench mod Life Added As Extra Energy Shield

Resistances are a bonus of course. :)
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Jan 6, 2020, 5:02:19 PM
Hey, I love this build so far.

As PilotLanguste mentioned, I have big mana problems on bosses too. I have solistic vigil but it doesn't help :(
"
Sidu wrote:

As PilotLanguste mentioned, I have big mana problems on bosses too. I have solistic vigil but it doesn't help :(

Hey there again Sidu. :-) Some stuff:

- you have 300 unreserved mana
- you regen 45 mana per second
- Blight costs 10 mana per cast
- Blight has a 4.93 cast rate (= 49.3 mana per second)

You should be about fine with Arcane Surge up. Without Arcane Surge up you only regen 35 mps which definitely doesn't suffice.

If you're feeling stressed by Blight, try specc'ing into Lucidity (next to Pain Attunement) which will decrease the channeling cost to 7 and boost the cast rate. I'd remove the Jewel socket for Plague Hope unless you have a decent jewel as a replacement. The other skill point could be either Trickery or a life node from the Constitution wheel.

Apart from that, I'd suggest you change Controlled Destruction for Efficacy on your Blight setup since it'll provide more damage AND more skill effect duration.

Are you sure you need the Dex craft on your Body Armour? Could be used for something more useful.

Hope this helped you a bit!
How rare is Porc card so far farmed 14 lvls from 55-69 and gotten 1 card in 'The High Gardens'
Last edited by LazyBlanketCat on Jan 6, 2020, 8:58:54 PM
"
How rare is Porc card so far farmed 14 lvls from 55-69 and gotten 1 card in 'The High Gardens'

Wouldn't recommend farming that there. It's less common than Humility in Blood Aqueduct. Maps are where it's at! There's a drop penalty on having too high a level as well, so keep that in mind
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
Sidu wrote:

Hey there again Sidu. :-) Some stuff:

- you have 300 unreserved mana
- you regen 45 mana per second
- Blight costs 10 mana per cast
- Blight has a 4.93 cast rate (= 49.3 mana per second)

You should be about fine with Arcane Surge up. Without Arcane Surge up you only regen 35 mps which definitely doesn't suffice.

If you're feeling stressed by Blight, try specc'ing into Lucidity (next to Pain Attunement) which will decrease the channeling cost to 7 and boost the cast rate. I'd remove the Jewel socket for Plague Hope unless you have a decent jewel as a replacement. The other skill point could be either Trickery or a life node from the Constitution wheel.

Apart from that, I'd suggest you change Controlled Destruction for Efficacy on your Blight setup since it'll provide more damage AND more skill effect duration.

Are you sure you need the Dex craft on your Body Armour? Could be used for something more useful.

Hope this helped you a bit!

thx for reply! You're very helpful ^^ I changed cotrolled destruction to efficacy and taht dex in armor (no idea why it was there). I have arcane surge almost all the time up, but after using ED, Contagion after that and start channeling bane I am at 100 mana. Maybe I just cast too much w ED sometimes...

I would love to change my jewel but I am missing strenght for lvl 12 steel skin. Also it takes away 1k of ES which is a lot I think.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
PilotLanguste wrote:

I was in a hurry when I wrote the reply. I meant to say it has to be a 4-link and you add Bane to the setup.

Ancient Orbs follow certain rules when choosing what the drop table looks like. Instead of just using ALL the items of the same category (e.g. a shield), they'll pick one of the same size. For certain gear like weapons or shields this has a considerable effect. If you transform a 2x4 shield like Chernobog's Pillar, you'll have a higher chance of getting a Lycosidae or a Tukohama's Fortress for example. Flasks always have 1x2 so your chance is 1:18 since stuff like Vessel of Vinctar or Dying Sun are drop-restricted or legacy. Imo a waste of currency, unless you have enough to "force" the Witchfire Brew (~20) and are desperate.

Solstice Vigil can be semi-farmed as soon as you hit high-tier red maps. Save up your Zana missions for T15's and T16's to be offered Shaper guardians and hack away. To keep your mana in check I'd recommend to always have Arcane Surge up via Flame Dash (might need some shuffeling here and there with the links if you are following my guide strictly). You could try and craft an ammy that reduces Malevolence mana reservation (Hunter influence suffix). Ideally, you'd want the 2 chaos suffixes for the DoT multiplier and the mana reservation reduction (up to 25%, which'd free 12.5% of your maximum mana). You can find all the affixes here: https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Amulet

Thanks for the kind words! Really appreciate the feedback. :)

Thank you for the solid advice! Gonna be trying that out.

A quick question, as for the hunter influence amulet. Can it roll 3 hunter mods?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info