[3.13] [SSF] Essence Drain Beastmode || Ultimate Guide to Solo Self Found

Once again I must say - this is the best build I played.
First time done the Guardians and Shaper. TBH it was easy.

I am coming back for Path of Exile 2 - please prepare other great builds for me, hehe.
"
Serart wrote:
Once again I must say - this is the best build I played.
First time done the Guardians and Shaper. TBH it was easy.

I am coming back for Path of Exile 2 - please prepare other great builds for me, hehe.

I'll keep you posted! :-) Glad to hear you enjoyed the build so much!
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Maybe I'm missing something, but doesnt the bow add +1 to all gems and +3 to support gems. So how are we reaching 28 ED, shouldn't 26 be the max?

How do you like the ST, I really like the build, but I'm not sure if it will be decent enough for the bossing stuff added in 3.9
Last edited by Vitchy on Nov 23, 2019, 11:23:27 AM
"
Vitchy wrote:
Maybe I'm missing something, but doesnt the bow add +1 to all gems and +3 to support gems. So how are we reaching 28 ED, shouldn't 26 be the max?

How do you like the ST, I really like the build, but I'm not sure if it will be decent enough for the bossing stuff added in 3.9

Heya! Here's the math breakdown:

Empower Level 4 (+2 supports and +1 gems) = Empower 7 (+6 to active skill gem)
Essence Drain Level 21 Base (+1 gems and +6 Empower) = Essence Drain 28

If you've checked the video section you can see my ST for hard fights like Uber Elder who's melting. I think the big strength of Essence Drain over other skills is that you don't have to stand still to deal damage.

My character (with excellent gear) had like 800k ST on Essence Drain and 1.2 million on Blight with Witchfire Brew up.

You gotta be the judge of that. Haven't tried ED this season yet, but I've heard positive things from people who tried my build. I am currently leveling an Occultist to use Death's Oath with, maybe I'll do some switch-arounds and check ED/Cont against some Blighted map. Not too happy about the season, though. Currently invested in other games more.

Lemme know if that answered your question!
Ooopsi, I'm dumb. Double dipping got me 😅.

Hmm, yeah two mil ain't too bad. I guess I will settle for 2 chars, the ed for mapping, and a boss killer.
Last edited by Vitchy on Nov 23, 2019, 1:27:00 PM
Hi, I have got a Glorious Vanity which provides two keystones of "Corrupted Soul". They both cost me one skill point to reach. Should I get them both or just use one om them? Thanks in advance for any replies.
"
jlo072 wrote:
Hi, I have got a Glorious Vanity which provides two keystones of "Corrupted Soul". They both cost me one skill point to reach. Should I get them both or just use one om them? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Only one instance of the keystone can be active. Pick either, whichever is better for routing. ;-)
Hi, when hovering over the gems in the gem section, I see some of them are level 21. I do not have unlimited currency. Do you recommend gems to be 20/20 or 0/21? In other words, should I buy gems lvl 21 with no quality or should I get gems quality 20, lvl 20?
"
jlo072 wrote:
Hi, when hovering over the gems in the gem section, I see some of them are level 21. I do not have unlimited currency. Do you recommend gems to be 20/20 or 0/21? In other words, should I buy gems lvl 21 with no quality or should I get gems quality 20, lvl 20?

I leveled and vaal'd all the gems yourself. In general, I'd advice against straight-up buying the gems. Most gems can be picked up and leveled along the way and the important ones (Essence Drain, Empower) can be leveled in offhand weapons.

A level 20 gem can be sold with 1 GCP to get a 1/20 gem that you can level back up while you do other stuff.

If you want to buy gems and cut some time, then 21/20 ED and Empower level 4 are the big priorities as they make the majority of the damage. If you want to go full budget, 21/0 Empower and a corrupted Empower level 3 are good enough
im late but i'm interested in this build for starter 3.9, nice guide!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info