[3.13] [SSF] Essence Drain Beastmode || Ultimate Guide to Solo Self Found

"
migoq wrote:
ArtCrusade, simple question - is it worth to have mind over matter if I don't have glorious vanity? Is it there just to be transformed into corrupted soul?

Hey there, it's only in there for Glorious Vanity. Leave it out if you don't have that jewel. ;-)
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Hi, this is my first ed/contagion char and I am following this build. However, other ed/contagion builds seem to use devouring diadem to use more auras and blight with spell totem instead of casting it yourself. Could you explain why you did not made these choices?
"
Jlo91 wrote:
Hi, this is my first ed/contagion char and I am following this build. However, other ed/contagion builds seem to use devouring diadem to use more auras and blight with spell totem instead of casting it yourself. Could you explain why you did not made these choices?

There are many ways to build an ED Trickster. In this case, using Devouring Diadem is counterproductive since we use Glorious Vanity (Doriyani) with Ghost Shrouds for maximum effective life.

Self-cast Blight opens up using Vaal Blight, which is a big increment for our DoTs on bosses as well as giving us access to Infused Channeling support to further increase our damage on Essence Drain.

Instead, we use a Spell Totem with Wither to get the Withered stacks up quicker. Those make up a huge portion of our damage since they give 120% increased chaos damage taken for enemies on maximum stacks.

This ensures maximum damage while maintaining tankyness and speed. ;-)
Hi thanks for the awesome build.

Do you mind telling me whats the pros and cons for occultist vs trickster with ED+CONTAGION?

Never played 1 before so still deciding which one to choose

Thanks again!!!
"
awawawawa wrote:
Hi thanks for the awesome build.

Do you mind telling me whats the pros and cons for occultist vs trickster with ED+CONTAGION?

Never played 1 before so still deciding which one to choose

Thanks again!!!

Hey there! Glad to answer! :)

Occultist is leaning more towards Energy Shield whereas Trickster inherently is a hybrid class between evasion and energy shield.

Occultists main focus is curses and curse effectiveness, meaning you get more bang for your buck in terms of the ones you are casting yourself. This doesn't apply to Witchfire Brew, though, since it's coming from a flask. You do get the extra curse and can apply curses to Hexproof enemies, which is a bonus.

In terms of speed, however, Trickster is king. Ghost Shrouds provide us with movement, attack and cast speed as well as big defensive buffs. Trickster also gives us more skill effect duration which is very important for the ED to spread further. Additionally, Trickster is truly geared towards damage over time, so it's also very capable on the offensive side of things.

In the end, it's that amazing mix of offensive and defensive stuff that makes Trickster so good for ED. You could play an Occultist version of the build but would end up losing a lot of the power. Occultist is better for pure ES builds imo. You could prolly make a life version work, but I don't think it's worth the investment.
Hi thanks for the response.

I was already leaning towards trickster because a lot of occultist builds are exalt hungry but that extra curse and curse on hexproof enemies were really tempting lol.

Thanks for the detailed reply ill stick with trickster for now.
gg build :)
I'm slightly confused as to why you invest in the 2 curse limit when the only curse you use is Temporal Chains (Or Enfeeble but not both)?
we use witchfire brew flask for 2nd curse (despair).
Curious to hear people's thoughts on the upcoming expansion.

I think the biggest impact will be free 6-links. SSF players like me will love this so much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info