[3.9] Smashing Cyclone - PermaStun Everything Even Shaper - 1Mil+ DPS - All Content - HC Viable

Hi! Thanks for the build, it's awesome! But I wonder if it is good build to Metamorph league. I have created the same char as yours and I can't stun any bosses. Map clear is OK but I can't kill bosses or metamorph. I got instadead. I am on awakening level 5 but i tried also on lvl 1 with the same result. Can you take a look in my profile? Any advice?
"
T16 Maps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCiQ3Msn_Gc

I watched your video, to see the clearspeed.
I was wondering, can you add the gem that sucks them in? :D
"
JaguarXXX wrote:
Boss health, especially Shaper, has been boosted through the roof (quadrupled). I need to see some proof that he can still be stun-locked, or even someone coming out and stating it.

Hey JaguarXXX, I have some news, both good and bad. I did some testing on standard. and with Abyssus instead of Devoto's Devotion I was able to stun him some times. Though he broke out very often.

Other thoughts: Awakened Melee Phys.

The moral of the story, with my gear, it is not possible to stunlock shaper.

However, it is possible! you would need an Abyssus, steel rings, and probably more damage on the amulet and jewels then I have. Unfortunately outside of my budget.

I've got someone on the job to figuring it out though, as she is running the build currently in metamorph.
"
Keanu96 wrote:
Hi! Thanks for the build, it's awesome! But I wonder if it is good build to Metamorph league. I have created the same char as yours and I can't stun any bosses. Map clear is OK but I can't kill bosses or metamorph. I got instadead. I am on awakening level 5 but i tried also on lvl 1 with the same result. Can you take a look in my profile? Any advice?

I just updated the build guide a bit. Please take a look at the "Updates" section, there are some good ideas there.

"
I watched your video, to see the clearspeed.
I was wondering, can you add the gem that sucks them in? :D

You certainly could! but your damage would suffer, I thought about getting the anointment for Knockback on the tree as well. It could be fun. But honestly I'm pretty much mashing Lion's Roar all the time.
"
Keanu96 wrote:
Hi! Thanks for the build, it's awesome! But I wonder if it is good build to Metamorph league. I have created the same char as yours and I can't stun any bosses. Map clear is OK but I can't kill bosses or metamorph. I got instadead. I am on awakening level 5 but I tried also on lvl 1 with the same result. Can you take a look in my profile? Any advice?

Depending on what you're fighting it looks like you can do a few things at first glance.

Your flasks for sure need some work. Fun fact about flasks, if you get a Basalt flask you get 15% flat Physical damage reduction during flask effect. That means if you take a massive hit, you pop Basalt + Lion's Roar, you have 90% physical damage reduction.

With the changes to how we apply status effects, you can change a few things around on your tree to increase the damage of Heavy strike. You can move some points around and I was able to adjust the tree to make a big impact (Giggity) on the influence of Heavy Strike.

If you drop the nodes leading up to Executioner and the 3 Area of Effect damage nodes attached to retribution, you can go from Warrior's blood to Kinetic Impacts.

I instead took Master of Force instead of Blast Radius and I increased the damage quite a bit as you also get that -5% to total physical damage reduction against your hits.

You could further increase the damage by swapping into the Heavy strike gems for the boss fights (weight of the empire) but keeping that lovely Mana jewel to keep your mana during the fight. This also brings your chance to double damage up from 20%(from heavy strike) up to 68%, which is kind of a big deal since you can't crit to break that threshold easier.

You can check my PoB calculations and adjustments here
https://pastebin.com/TJhyXq8s

You'll see that I kept his original tree and by choosing Bossing Focus on both the tree and the item selection you'll see the average damage go up to 304.6k per hit from 193k per hit.

Keep in mind this does effect Cyclone but where you're at this point in the game, your cyclone AOE size is negligible and you can increase it by getting a Daresso's salute and anointing it with Blast Radius.
"
"
JaguarXXX wrote:
Boss health, especially Shaper, has been boosted through the roof (quadrupled). I need to see some proof that he can still be stun-locked, or even someone coming out and stating it.

Hey JaguarXXX, I have some news, both good and bad. I did some testing on standard. and with Abyssus instead of Devoto's Devotion I was able to stun him some times. Though he broke out very often.

Other thoughts: Awakened Melee Phys.

The moral of the story, with my gear, it is not possible to stunlock shaper.

However, it is possible! you would need an Abyssus, steel rings, and probably more damage on the amulet and jewels then I have. Unfortunately outside of my budget.

I've got someone on the job to figuring it out though, as she is running the build currently in metamorph.

On metamorph, I am playing a tidebreaker build with Berserker instead. I haven't tried shaper yet, but on the other permastun thread people are claiming he can be permastunned with a Berserker with good gear. The gem combo that is supposed to do it is heavy strike, ruthless, brutality, melee phys, stun support and fortify.

I will try to nab an awakened brutality gem and maybe a better rolled Rysthala's Coil by end of league, but I believe I have most of the gear I will need. I probably won't be able to afford an awakened melee phys or a corrupted tidebreaker with a fortify implicit in league or a corruputed kaom's heart with an increased damaged implicit, but based on what other people are saying, the gear I have currently should be enough.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1862864
Last edited by JaguarXXX on Jan 23, 2020, 2:21:24 PM
After further research both me and Ramsis have concluded that we overlooked an important item to stun Shaper...

You need a Tombfist with a murderous abyss jewel.

By using the changes to the tree and swapping gloves (since shaper cannot be knocked back) Shaper is now stunned with the current gear by only changing gloves and the points in the tree.

Currently, we are testing a more focused build on bossing where we use impale and dread banner since we don't need blood and stone.

"
On metamorph, I am playing a tidebreaker build with Berserker instead. I haven't tried shaper yet, but on the other permastun thread people are claiming he can be permastunned with a Berserker with good gear. The gem combo that is supposed to do it is heavy strike, ruthless, brutality, melee phys, stun support and fortify.

I will try to nab an awakened brutality gem and maybe a better rolled Rysthala's Coil by end of league, but I believe I have most of the gear I will need. I probably won't be able to afford an awakened melee phys or a corrupted tidebreaker with a fortify implicit in league or a corruputed kaom's heart with an increased damaged implicit, but based on what other people are saying, the gear I have currently should be enough.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1862864

As for being a zerker, it would make sense with the changes to thresholds since you would need the damage to break it and stun. I have a zerker I can test and see if cyclone can just stun a boss with impale but the gear is required and i'm currently trying to farm the last achievements I wish to complete before doing that test.

Also the chest piece is just a recommendation, you dont need a koam's and an Astral Plate would be much better for those trying to become Resistance capped against Elemental weakness

Until the next tests are done...

Happy mapping Exiles!!!
What "changes to tree" are we talking here?
I'm assuming you mean the push for Kinetic Impacts? Also, have you considered a Watcher's Eye with "X% chance to deal double damage while using Pride"?
Hi Im kinda new to this but I was looking at the wiki for stun and its based on damage as well as reducing there stun threshold right. So my thinking was a Crit version of your build would be more likely to stun. especially if the crit lands on a ruthless blow. here is a build i made in pob by slightly altering ascendancy and some skill choices but keeping the major items and what not. https://pastebin.com/ZuM9pih4
Edit: turn off killed recently, frenzy charges, and enemy on low life for a more accurate dps ;)
Last edited by TLHUZE on Feb 26, 2020, 2:33:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info