Le Toucan Race: Legion SSF SC, some hard mods, optional asynchronous 'Race to 125 Atlas'

For historical purposes otherwise pretty bad result :)

Hard race. Never even got last trial for ulab

Is there some rule where I could get kicked and re invited for a second try?
Last edited by dmiric on Jul 14, 2019, 4:42:03 PM
Things are starting to go downhill for my character with regard to deaths -- finally completed the storyline, and now I'm at about 13.5 hours, with 5 deaths.

edit: intervention killed me in my first map. 6 deaths. :P
Last edited by pickonese on Jul 14, 2019, 9:12:09 PM
A big thanks for the chance to do this. I really enjoyed the challenge and learned a lot from it.
I also enjoyed your playthroughs, so thx for those: watching a 19 minute Avarius/Innocence fight is something special and educational.
I really hope you do this again.
I just got to mapping but won't be playing anymore since I'm leaving on holiday and won't have internet access.
Thx!

Thank you Sirgog for putting on this very fun event.

Played just for fun, so my time is not competitive.

Some post event thoughts:

Fuck Alva - Even as CI, chaos spitters will wreck you

Alch sustain - Never ran out but always ran low, had to vendor my regrets and transmute about 15 low tier maps - i was using them sparsely on my gear

Gear - I should have done delve sooner. I got unusually unlucky crafting gear and put off delve for too long (was hoping to be able to skip it); after 2 hours in delve i had some fossils and fixed my gear (this was around 80 atlas completion). I pulled out some old tricks like 5 of a kind rare bases to reroll items (never got anything useable that way.) My boots are, Aug + quicksilver crafted. Used Aurumvorax for a long time.

Something Odd - Fairgraves in Mao Kun still drops rare and magic items, he must have a drop table not affected by the league mod.

Nice drops - Nothing special, 2 exalts, 3 divine, 0 Anul

Cheese Strat - This was a really cool race format with the /played but would lead to degenerate strategy, IE: log in, do Zana Daily - buy maps progress atlas until you are out of uncompleted maps - stop palying for the day. That's assuming there was a way to limit each account to one character - using multiple characters essentially would kill any competition. This is not how I or probably anyone else played, but if the stakes were high the strats would be goofy.

Difficult league. 5/5 Would subject myself to it again.
"
SPTyler wrote:

Cheese Strat - This was a really cool race format with the /played but would lead to degenerate strategy, IE: log in, do Zana Daily - buy maps progress atlas until you are out of uncompleted maps - stop palying for the day. That's assuming there was a way to limit each account to one character - using multiple characters essentially would kill any competition. This is not how I or probably anyone else played, but if the stakes were high the strats would be goofy.

Difficult league. 5/5 Would subject myself to it again.

Just on this, there's three main attacks on the asynchronous SSF league race format I can think of.

- Setting up multiple accounts to make multiple attempts
- Abusing master resets (as you outline)
- Targetting easy days for Lab

I'm keen to know of any more that may exist, so that if in future these get done with non-joke prizes precautions can be taken.

I'm still in white maps at the moment.
Le Toucan Will Return
"
sirgog wrote:

Just on this, there's three main attacks on the asynchronous SSF league race format I can think of.

- Setting up multiple accounts to make multiple attempts
- Abusing master resets (as you outline)
- Targetting easy days for Lab

I'm keen to know of any more that may exist, so that if in future these get done with non-joke prizes precautions can be taken.

I'm still in white maps at the moment.

Having multiple characters on one account means any asynchronous SSF league race is based on the honor system with the current way the game works. It's probably the biggest problem that would need to be overcome.

Low level time saver - Even a low level, "mule" could be used. A second character (same account) at level 2 can be used to organize a dump tab with loot and currency gained from mapping, roll maps, craft gear, etc.

A second character could obviously do a lot more at higher levels (like farm delve, maps etc.) But why would one need to stop there? If i create a new character now in le toucan, it is Level 1, 0 deaths, :01 second /played, and the win condition has been met. Also I would have gear crafted and a stash full of maps and currency.

That is the most extreme example and because it's impossible nobody would take that submission seriously, but just pretty it up by grinding to the appropriate level (which would be faster and safer with leveling gear.)

I believe deleted characters do not show up on the ladder, making it possible to conceal these techniques. (not 100% confident about that)

*Edit, tested - it seems deleted characters are removed from ladder.

https://imgur.com/a/DNFKseC
https://imgur.com/a/dlIwn3w

That's the simplest and most extreme example but there are all sorts of techniques in between.

Potential solutions

Show /played and /deaths for each character on the ladder tracker and deleted characters would need to be shown. Total /played and deaths would be calculated for all characters per account. (Potentially bad actors could flood the ladder with deleted characters until the ladder was full sense the ladder has a limit)

The league restricts each account to a single character.

Each character has independent stash, atlas, trial completion etc. The cleanest solution IMO.

*edit:

As I thought about it a little more, maybe a script could be used to keep closer track of the race activity, played time, characters etc. (something like poeracing) - a solution that isn't ideal but does not require anything from GGG
Last edited by SPTyler on Jul 21, 2019, 3:24:33 AM
This is a reminder to everyone in this league that the 'race' portion ends about 16 hours from the time of this post.

I will extend the league for 20 days for people who are playing in it but if you want to be considered for the race component, please post your stats ASAP!
Le Toucan Will Return
So just to recap the people in contention. If I've missed anyone, speak up fast!

125 completion deathless: NONE

125 completion, 15 min per death:

Dmiric 78:34:40
SPTyler 52:23:11
Toulbirger 33:52:36

PROVISIONAL WINNER: Toulbirger

80 completion, deaths don't matter:

Sirgog (will reaward prizes if I win)
Dmirit
SPTyler
Toulbirger
Wallsh1
Elric_1591

level 50:
Positions 1 thru 29 on the ladder
Le Toucan Will Return
"
SPTyler wrote:
"
sirgog wrote:

I believe deleted characters do not show up on the ladder, making it possible to conceal these techniques. (not 100% confident about that)

I created some mules to move mats back to the main league before I saw that you can do that with your main and stay in the league list. They show up as retired too and take up a slot which I didn't notice til afterwards. So I don't see that you can stealth make mules.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info