[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

When it will be ready?
"
Bnria wrote:
"
Galaerivel wrote:
@Bnria Thank you for that. But I have seen it, yet there is no explanation to the given logic behind all those changes.

For example. The Green Nightmare is or was our source of Frenzy Charges, without that how do we get them? That was also the reason for choosing different ascendency skill tree.

Why do we remove Discipline gem, which is a boost for our defensive set up?

I understand why do we remove Chainbreaker, divergent berserk gem and Pride Jewel.

Why do we change the the amulet's anoint from Corruption (which is a huge damage boost) for the other one, which grants us a Fortify?

Why do we change our HP flask?

But most importantly, when should I make a transition for the petrified blood's skill tree? I have noticed that aloney's mechanism works with quiver, which we equip after getting the bow. Curently, it is too expensive for me. That is why, I would like to know if all of this changes are made after aqcuiring bow?

I am not that experienced player to understand all of that by myself. That is the reason why I am asking for an explanation in this thread.

We get our frenzy charges from the frenzy gem in maloney's mechanism. There is no more reservation space for discipline, but you could technically still keep vaal discipline if you're using the vertex. Petrified blood is replacing the discipline mana reservation here, it will give us 40% damage reduction below 50% life, you should be using petrified blood whenever you're switching off of discipline. You could keep corruption to keep the damage boost, but fortify's damage reduction effect is chosen instead - this build is more about survivability. If you feel like you can't see yourself investing 30+ exalts into this build (as the guide mentioned at the very beginning), you should switch to a CI ed/contagion build instead.

Thank you for your answer and explanation. Let me clarify then - I am willing to invest up to +30 exalts. What I need is the progression explained step by step. You see, now I know that all of these changes regarding Petrified Blood are avaible after acquiring the ED Bow, so that you have a place for a quiver.
That is why, I should keep the Green Nightmare for now. The same goes for other things. So untill I get the bow I should look at this build as a 3.13 version with the exception of Berserk gem and Pride Jewel. Correct me, if I'm wrong.
What I do not understand entirely is that we do not have a source to maintain our life as a low life for Pain Attunment being activated all the time.
Last edited by Galaerivel on May 18, 2021, 2:48:01 AM
"
What I do not understand entirely is that we do not have a source to maintain our life as a low life for Pain Attunment being activated all the time.

Read petrified blood. If you aren't hitting your life flask you'll stay low life.
Firstly, thank you for the build, I have been following it because I want to go more along the lines of Tanky ED, although I am playing this as a new season build.
I have been stuck between this build and Havoc but considering this is more tanky I would prefer that. Should I still be following the POB?
I am doing most of my playing in a group of two (duo) and have been dying a lot in act 6 even with decent gear.
Also do you think Shavronne's Wrap is an alternative body armour as well?
Last edited by daqqie on May 20, 2021, 12:17:44 PM
"
Darkxellmc wrote:

The changes aren't too complex:
- Remove chainbreaker
- Remove green nightmare
- Remove discipline

- Add maloney's mechanism (frenzy - [hextouch - despair] or [culling strike - Toxic rain])
- Add Pain attenument
- Add petrified blood

- Replace anoint by hardened scars
- Replace bubbling/seething life flask by Saturated hallowed life flask of staunching
- If using flesh and stone, replace by aspect already (crab or spider, prefer spider)

Despite the slight nerf to the cluster jewel node we're using (exposure therapy), the chaos resistance it gives now applies to petrified blood damage too, effectively giving 15% res against hits. This is huge, making the node still worth using imo. Most league chaos mechanics are degens anyways, and 30% res is just massive.

why "frenzy"? how it interacts with ED? does it increases projectile speed? or over time damage?
"
kairen48 wrote:
"
Darkxellmc wrote:

why "frenzy"? how it interacts with ED? does it increases projectile speed? or over time damage?

Frenzy is an atack that grants frenzy charges on hit. We just want it for the frenzy charges, as they give 4% more global damage per charge (that's 12% more in total).

Without maloney's, the best way to get frenzy charges is by using a gree nightmare jewel, but it's only on kill (so not up on bosses), and a jewel slot could be utilised for more versatile stats (namely, life).
This is why frenzy in maloney's is pretty good.
What are thoughts on dropping Enlighten 4 and using an Anomalous Petrified Blood + Enhance 4 instead? You lose Aspect of the Spider but you now delay 51% of damage taken vs 45% and you also get quality on your Flame Dash.
if im using replica Maloney mechanism, is there a way to have a automatic skill that grants wither stacks better then wither totem? ( i currently have 50% chance to wither on hit from glorious vanity ). i was thinking toxic rain with mirage archer and frenzy but i don't know enough about how the pods and the toxic rain hit works to confirm. i do know each pod counts as a hit and with the low attack* aoe , the toxic rain pods are fairly close. ( divergence toxic rain can give 6 arrows which can summon each a pod which each pod should be close ( saw 5 close together) and each count as a hit, or maybe there is a better way? i just hate wither totems in the feared, cant really stand to drop two and they basically insta killed by any of the uber bosses.
"
What are thoughts on dropping Enlighten 4 and using an Anomalous Petrified Blood + Enhance 4 instead? You lose Aspect of the Spider but you now delay 51% of damage taken vs 45% and you also get quality on your Flame Dash.

this build does not need more survivability. Very good gear is also really cheap. Even close to perfect gear is affordable. people getting 90+ should even consider dropping some life passives to get a large +2 medium clusters for more damage imo.
Is there a 3.14 updated version of this build? I haven't played PoE in like 1,000 years so I'm back to noob level. Also, what is the difference between the build in the starting post and Zizaran's ED/Contagion build which has different pathing? Zizaran's video ==> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3npA1n10PpQ
Critical Hit Jump Jets... Critical Hit Jump Jets...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info