[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

Hey Folks

Love the build doing maps really well, had a really hard time with tier 14 maps before i got my Hyrri's. Now i feel my damage is just lagging behind, if any could give some pointers would be great.
Last edited by Coolfirren on Dec 19, 2019, 6:12:00 PM
"
Coolfirren wrote:
Hey Folks

Love the build doing maps really well, had a really hard time with tier 14 maps before i got my Hyrri's. Now i feel my damage is just lagging behind, if any could give some pointers would be great.

the +1 all gems +2 support bow gives +2 gem levels to essence drain over the staff... then a level 4 empower would give +1 that's your goal for increasing damage. until then linking arcane surge to contagion instead of faster casting will give more damage. I find contagion casts fast enough... just don't level arcane surge too high.
Last edited by silvershadows on Dec 19, 2019, 6:32:58 PM
"
silvershadows wrote:
"
Coolfirren wrote:
Hey Folks

the +1 all gems +2 support bow gives +2 gem levels to essence drain over the staff... then a level 4 empower would give +1 that's your goal for increasing damage. until then linking arcane surge to contagion instead of faster casting will give more damage. I find contagion casts fast enough... just don't level arcane surge too high.

Does arcane surge even work with contagion? I tried it before it didnt trigger Arcane surge at all
Hello, the build so far feels great.
Started doing high tier red maps T14-T15 and I just keep dying from meta bosses and hard map bosses (like the one in Core map). Not all the time but I'd say 1 on 3 bosses. Even tho I try to keep my distance with them and dotting from afar.
I have 4.3 hp and 1.9es. And my damage feels kinda slow on bosses. Bane setup was to fill that lack of damage (specially to put back the curse when I dont have witchfire charges) but it isn't doing it's job.
So I was wondering if I should go back to the setup CWDT for more tankiness but i'm afraid to lack even more dps...

Here's my gear so far, tried to focus on damage as you can see.
My profile is public so if you have time to check what's wrong that would be cool !

Thanks in advance for the response, seems like you will.
Nice dedication for this build and answering questions, good job :)
Last edited by Moedaax on Dec 19, 2019, 10:13:54 PM
"
PandaZeus wrote:

Does arcane surge even work with contagion? I tried it before it didnt trigger Arcane surge at all

arcane surge has a mana spent minimum before triggering based on level
level up to 8 and stop.
"
Moedaax wrote:
Hello, the build so far feels great.
Started doing high tier red maps T14-T15 and I just keep dying from meta bosses and hard map bosses (like the one in Core map). Not all the time but I'd say 1 on 3 bosses. Even tho I try to keep my distance with them and dotting from afar.
I have 4.3 hp and 1.9es. And my damage feels kinda slow on bosses. Bane setup was to fill that lack of damage (specially to put back the curse when I dont have witchfire charges) but it isn't doing it's job.
So I was wondering if I should go back to the setup CWDT for more tankiness but i'm afraid to lack even more dps...

if you can fit enduring cry in until you get the minimum endurance charge on jewelry that would help although it feels clunky.... (better than dieing all the time)

arcane surge on contagion is an easy 10%+ more spell damage. until you can craft a bow with it
vaal righteous fire and vaal blight can also be nice dps cds for bosses.
try to get life on your amulet
if you can get a better enlighten flesh and stone is a nice defensive buff
being shocked can get you killed at unsuspecting times i noticed my survivability go up when I added shock immunity to flasks.

also blind support applies blind on "hit" whereas bane applies a debuff.... i dont think it hits.
Last edited by silvershadows on Dec 19, 2019, 11:03:09 PM
"
silvershadows wrote:
"
PandaZeus wrote:

level up to 8 and stop.

Still not triggering LOL, I got it to level 8 didnt work and 9 still doesn't, I believe its because we are using energy shield and not mana to use our skills, so imo arcane surge doesn't work
Last edited by PandaZeus on Dec 20, 2019, 1:53:55 AM
"
PandaZeus wrote:
"
silvershadows wrote:
"
PandaZeus wrote:

level up to 8 and stop.

Still not triggering LOL, I got it to level 8 didnt work and 9 still doesn't, I believe its because we are using energy shield and not mana to use our skills, so imo arcane surge doesn't work

ah /facepalm... havent hit that stage yet.

and dang with the change to crafting bows limited to 3 you now have to choose between chaos dot mult and arc surge/cast speed
Last edited by silvershadows on Dec 20, 2019, 3:21:06 AM
"
silvershadows wrote:
"
Coolfirren wrote:
Hey Folks

This, pretty much. Make sure you check the endgame PoB and start using a bow, it indeed is a huge damage boost.

(also yeah, arcane surge isn't a thing sadly. Doesn't work with EB).
"
Moedaax wrote:

Here's my gear so far, tried to focus on damage as you can see.
My profile is public so if you have time to check what's wrong that would be cool !

Thanks in advance for the response, seems like you will.
Nice dedication for this build and answering questions, good job :)

Thanks for the feedback ^^
I'd upgrade the bow. Like, really. You can actually keep the 60% resistances, as we don't have suffixes to craft if we're going for a "cheap" craft. They'll come in handy if you upgrade other pieces later.
Add multimod and +40% to chaos dot multiplier. This will be a ~20% more damage boost already, for 2ex. When you have an other 2ex (4 total), craft +2 to level of socketed support gems for an other 25% more damage on ED. This should drasticly help, I'm actually not sure how you're clearing so far ^^'.

That said, I'm still doing t3-9 maps right now, I had a slow start due to not being there the launch weekend and doing the "all ears" achievement.
I heard things get really tanky from t11 onwards, but I've been unable to see how exactly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info