[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

"
except enhance doesnt even necessarily add +1 radius to contagion

I just went online to look up rounding in PoE and you are 100% correct. I've been playing since the beginning and never knew numbers don't round up. My apologies to everyone on this.

"

And with arcane surge question. If you have a lvl 20+ arcane surge in a socket, the arcane surge on kill craft on bow will proc the benefit of the lvl 20 arcane surge even with eldritch battery. Hope that helps.

I use a level 10 Arcane Surge which procs at 64 mana, with my current setup (which I now need to rethink since Enhance is no good) it cost 70 mana.

With Arcane Surge socketed to Contagion
1st cast of ED; +15% more spell damage
2nd cast of ED; +15% more spell damage (provided we cast Contagion before ED each time)
etc...

Without Arcane Surge on Contagion
1st cast of ED; no bonus
2nd cast of ED; 10% more spell damage (I'm pretty sure the bow only gives you a level 1 Arcane Surge)

I had never depended on the damage of a 6 link Bane, I just didn't know what to do with a 6 link chest in a meaningful way, but since I do have it, I may as well do something with it. I think being able to get 15% more damage for ED with every single cast is meaningful.

now to find a replacement for Enhance.

Edit: Even though the bow doesn't state the word "recently" with Arcane Surge on Kill, I'm pretty sure there is a time limit on that. Perhaps someone with knowledge of this can chime in.

Last edited by IchiMorghulis on Jul 22, 2019, 5:45:49 PM
You guys are gonna make me cry :(
Sorry about beating a dead horse, but since my last post concerning Enhance, I thought quite a bit about it. But first a little background.

A couple of weeks ago I was looking for ideas for skills to socket into my 6 link Hyrri, I wasn't expecting to find anything different but I did come across one guy that 6 linked his Contagion. My first reaction was same as yours, why? Then I got to thinking about it and decided to give it a try.

After my above post I thought again as to why he included Enhance and that's when I realized that that wasn't the only "increase AoE" linked together. In fact we get 49% from a 20/20 AoE gem, 54% from a level 20 Intensify gem, 12% from a level 4 enhance, and 10% for 20 quality Contagion.

This adds up to 125% increase AoE, and if you multiply it by the 4 base radius you get exactly a "9" radius.

So yes, having a level 4 Enhance will increase your Contagion radius by 1

Edit: This will be the last time that I'll be talking about this. I had never said that this is the best setup. This is just something I use that I like. If you think this is the stupidest idea in the history of the world, well fine, you are entitle to your opinion. I'm just presenting an idea.

Last edited by IchiMorghulis on Jul 22, 2019, 6:54:28 PM
"
TheRoyalShu wrote:
Yes. he is antagonistic. I wouldn't worry to much about it.
I understand your question earlier. The choice of an added single target is up to the user. I personally use blight due to infused channel.
I also would like to note that the single target of essence drain is bonkers. It is very good, not one hit kill all like impale Blade Flurry. Basically it gives you the benefit of actually dodging/moving while essence draining/dmg overtime the boss to death. It is quick and deadly while moving around the bosses shenanigans.
And with arcane surge question. If you have a lvl 20+ arcane surge in a socket, the arcane surge on kill craft on bow will proc the benefit of the lvl 20 arcane surge even with eldritch battery. Hope that helps.

pretty sure the crafted suffix procs a level 1 arcane surge, doesnt care about what you have socketed
I can confirm, arcane surge on kill is always level 1. Besides, you actually have to spend mana to proc arcane surge, the gem straight up doesn't work with eldritch battery.

@rhapsodieinblue

If you were levelling with soulrend, I hope you were using GMP ^^'
I don't use it in my current setup because I barely even use soulrend at all tho.
I leveled with both Soulrend and ED :) Since they use same supports, a +2 duration tabula makes clearing to end game cake. ED is great once you can use increased aoe/intensify with contagion.

Just wondering what will be best for my secondary single target.

I hit level 21 ED in temple yesterday, so that's going to be a good boost.

My biggest obstacle is going to be killing Fenumus now.

I might grab a level 20 bane and despair off of trade today to give it a try.

Even though soulrend slightly homes while dodging my aim can suck. With the short duration have to fire it a lot more than ED so frantic aiming can be my downfall.

*edit*

Switched out to Bane...the white links on my Hyrri's let me do 5 off color lul :)

Bane (21) Despair (20/20) Swift Affliction Efficacy Controlled Destruction Empower

So level 23 bane, 22 despair (36% increased chaos damage/-30% resist)

I like this a lot better than soulrend so far.
Last edited by rhapsodieinblue on Jul 23, 2019, 8:58:27 AM
"
Performs really poorly in the timeless domain

I did a Karui/Eternal emblem fight, with horrible, horrible loot. It went too fast to get a clear picture of what I did wrong, but I must have killed too few loot-carrying enemies and/or bad luck.

The build does great with Legion areas in maps. What goes wrong in timeless domain?
"
Valolrak wrote:
"
Performs really poorly in the timeless domain

I did a Karui/Eternal emblem fight, with horrible, horrible loot. It went too fast to get a clear picture of what I did wrong, but I must have killed too few loot-carrying enemies and/or bad luck.

The build does great with Legion areas in maps. What goes wrong in timeless domain?

mobs too spread out, hp difference big between stuff, staggered spawn.

Everything that sucks for a dot spec
Thanks, I was considering an additional melee build this season. Either that or get a Carry for 5 emblems. Otherwise it's going to be a huge loss, On the other hand, my almost complete Maraketh emblem is good value to sell.
"
Valolrak wrote:
Thanks, I was considering an additional melee build this season. Either that or get a Carry for 5 emblems. Otherwise it's going to be a huge loss, On the other hand, my almost complete Maraketh emblem is good value to sell.

With current prices, 5 way emblem farming is actually not worth it RN. Emblem prices are inflated by people farming it for XP. If you don't care about XP, you aren't making much/loosing money by doing 5 way fights.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info