New PoE player decided to choose marauder and confused.

Hey guys,

New players here choosing marauder. I just started act 3 normal and saw i was 3 levels higher than the starting area (level 26) but i still find it slow and takes forever to kill stuff.
Wondering what im doing wrong gear and skill wise.

Im not sure if you can inspect peoples profiles but if you cant ill post my gear/build.

Pointers appreciated.

Passive skill tree = http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEADjwUcRkuJScn7SkuOlI9_EGqUFBYY18_cql7jHy4fNmMBozPpKysqrndxtjUj9lh37_vDvIv8932SPcy-Os=

Last edited by Smashr on Mar 14, 2013, 4:46:22 PM
Most likely your weapon/gear/gem links are bad since your skill tree is fine.
IGN: Troheim

Item Shop: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/368180
Thanks for the reply.

My current stats for my level are

DPS = 142
Chance to hit = 100%
Attack speed = 1.2

Armor = 548

Resistances for fire cold and lightning = 20-40%
for chaos = 0%

Currently using

Heavy Strike
Infernal Blow - Life gained on hit is linked
Leap slap
Ground Slam

Only 1 linked spell

Anything else im missing that could help guiding me?
Your links. it's definitely your links. You should be finding 3 linked slot items right now.

Link up Ground Slam with Added Fire and Weapon Elemental Damage to really ramp up the DPS.

Your main damage will almost always come from better weapons and more links. Don't hold onto older inferior gear if you can improve.

Alright ill work on finding 3 slot items, however how do i come across the support gems you listed. I have life gained on hit and added fire dmg. However the elemental one hasnt dropped yet.
The next chance you can get WED from quests is in Act 3 after you kill the General in Sever the Right Hand.

It's the second-last quest before finishing Act 3. Can't miss it.

what do you think about buying a geofris baptism 2h mace?

And what would you pay for a 3 link mace. Not looking for the top end 5 link ones just something to upgrade and have a 3l mace like you suggested. Or if anyone else can give me input regarding this.
Geofri's would actually be very good, if you can find a 4L. Hell, even 3L would be awesome.

My 2H mace on my marauder is worse than a Geofri's and it got me through Merciless Act 2 and let me carry my weight in parties.

I mean, that's my monstrosity and it's a pretty bad mace in general, but it worked fine as a weapon from lvl 38 - 47 on my first character.

Thing is, the Geofri's I see going around are pretty expensive for a first character. They cost 3-4 GCP, from the threads I've checked. That's roughly 18-24 Alchs, depending on your conversion rates.

I wouldn't pay over 1 alch for only a 3L rare mace, unless it has some pretty amazing modifiers on it. 3L low level rares are a dime a dozen, really.

I'd definitively try to look for a 4L mace with solid attack speed and physical damage, if I were you. Try to keep atk spd over 1.1 on the weapon so you can life gain frequently and easily.

And if you're really trying hard to get sockets first, consider getting a chest armor with 4L instead of a weapon. It's easier and cheaper to find good 4L armors than good weapons.

you need to try and find a good wep such as

just try and link them up or somthing like that. links are def an important issue.

For my cyclone build right now i have

Just gotta try and get gear. bad thing about being melee is you have to change your weapon all the time due to increasing in damage.

Anarchy League: Necroticdisease- Cozi- Shenvizu
This guy just started act3 normal and you are seriously suggesting that he should try to link a 6 Socket?

You can easily finish merciless on 4links alone. Which should be easy to get on some kind of gear pieces.

Buying or especially fusing to get 6Link is incredible expensive. And in many cases you are actually better off getting an unlinked weapon with very high DPS and using a 4link on some other gear than buying an expensive 5- or 6-link with medicore DPS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info