[3.8]Champion Impale TS/Barrage | Leveling guide

Done with the build for the league. Nice speedy farmer!

Spoiler

If anyone is interested in buying the gear set, see my recent posts.

"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Last edited by qwertz on Nov 16, 2019, 7:25:45 AM
It seems that this build goes very well agains hits with fortify and molten shell. What can we do in this build to mitigate (lower/dodge) damage from spells?
Last edited by Oarin on Nov 16, 2019, 10:42:06 AM
What i need to change in this build to play it on HC in 3.9? Can i use Conqueror in place of Inspirational to be more tanky? Also in excel leveling guide we use on begining rain of arrows. When we change it to tornado shot? Thanks
Last edited by Jarovb on Nov 17, 2019, 2:59:34 PM
Is it possible to use Rain of Arrows with this build instead of TS as the main skill? What changes would have to be made?
RoA testing done on T14-15 with starter gear and 2-3 ex investments and overall good result.

For the once asking if RoA would work (due to TS nerf in 3.9) I just tested a T15 rare map with early gear and it works fine (note Uber lab is done and 2x Lioneye's fall which we would not have early but we would not run T15's with this gimp gear either.

Gear (gear below is somewhat incorrect; used: 5 sock Lioneye's glare, tabula, Oskarm gloves, no dying sun

Adding ~2-3 ex additional investment (28% qual arborix, haem gloves, dying sun) and the clear feel significantly better (my geams are not ideal but just wanted to test overall)

Hope it's useful for some!
Last edited by BeastCC on Nov 18, 2019, 7:04:46 AM
You level with ROA, I personally used it for blighted maps since TS was really lacking. You can definitely map with ROA instead of TS but i feel like its slower compared to TS and you need more attack speed for it.

I think this build can be way more tanky than it already is, just craft a fortify amulet and grab all the fortify effects on tree and you get a lot of damage reduction, on top of "always" having 5-10k molten on you.

Here are my items if anyone wants to take a look. I tried to make another amulet but i haven't been lucky. I also tried to double-corrupt really good rolled Arborix but i haven't been able to get any good ones. You could really min-max this build by going really ham on the bow, but with the items that i currently have I'm at 7-8m Shaper DPS with barrage.

Spoiler
Last edited by shagour18 on Nov 18, 2019, 10:18:48 AM
What is better for bleed build champion or gladiator? I want use news bow skill which slowing down enemies on 3.9
This build is RIP for 3.9 no doubt, I hope Champion will have some good bow builds/options similar to this one. Tanky with amazing move speed, good bossing, high budget ceiling etc.. This one was a good build, probably my favorite tbh. If they deleted TS from the game, do you think we could get a similar build for other abilities out there?
Last edited by Nevzat on Nov 21, 2019, 2:01:24 PM
"
Nevzat wrote:
This build is RIP for 3.9 no doubt, I hope Champion will have some good bow builds/options similar to this one. Tanky with amazing move speed, good bossing, high budget ceiling etc.. This one was a good build, probably my favorite tbh. If they deleted TS from the game, do you think we could get a similar build for other abilities out there?

People have played it as rain of arrows which is especially good for say blighted maps but yea I don't think I will be updating the guide if tornado shot is RIP and there isn't a suitable replacement. It will probably be good with the new totem skills but totems are definitely not my thing. If only brutality canceled conversions so there was more than 1 good clear skill for pure phys bow.
If you or anyone else thinks of any changes needed to make this build well-suited for RoA or some other bow skill/combination of bow and ballista skills, it would be appreciated. Thanks for a great build with a great explainer.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info