[3.7] The Human Blender - Double Malice Ice Nova w/ Avatar Of Fire!

Hey guys
Is this build still playable in 3.8?
Yes, virtually nothing changed. In fact, with changes to the Assassin, I believe it just got stronger.
same ascendancy?
Yes, virtually nothing changed. In fact, with changes to the Assassin, I believe it just got stronger.
hey builds feeling good what annointment would you get on your amulet?
No idea! Sounds like a fun challenge trying to figure out the best one.
going from 7.5 aps to 15 aps is quite a Stretch and as far as i understand, any value in between is a dps loss.

so, do i stay on 7.5 aps and go one cospri + shield for the time being und ditch the fire conversion? 7.5 aps with dual cospris seems pointless, right?
Yes, if you stay with a single Malice, you can just stay at 7.5ApS and get max procs. This will be a significant damage decrease but a significant survivability upgrade. Which this build can honestly do with.
"
bananasbabyy wrote:
hey builds feeling good what annointment would you get on your amulet?

By far the best anoint you can get is Snowforged.

This anoint is quite cheap (Sepia Oil + Azure Oil + Black Oil) and it's worth noting that the two other passives you get on Snowforged node are quite weak, so if you get a Snowforged anoint you can also free 3/4 passive points.

Recommendations for those 3/4 free passive points:
- Discipline of the Forbidden (11~12% more damage)
- Throatseeker (7~8% more damage)
- Divine Judgement (7~8% more damage)

I've changed a lot of things on this build to create a version I'm comfortable with. The percentages are for my build, so these may not be the best options for you, but they're definitely good ones.

If you wanna make sure you're getting the best for you, open your build on Path of Building (remember to set all configurations, if not already set) and check "show node power" box. It'll show the biggest increases for your damage with a hot color (red/orange/yellow - the lighter the color, the higher the DPS upgrade). When checking nodes, remember to only look for increases to your average hit (the color varies depending on DPS, but you should not look for DPS, just average hit) and to look for upgrades for a single node (not all nodes leading to it, as you'll get it with an anoint).

IMPORTANT: it's best to have a corrupted (fire leech) Effigon than an anointed one. If you lose fire leech, you'll need to place a life leech support on ice nova to sustain your HP on bosses, so you'll end up losing damage. If you manage to get both Snowforged anoint and fire leech corruption, you're done (I'm trying to for a while, no success).
Last edited by Chesco on Oct 29, 2019, 2:32:12 PM
"
majesthro wrote:
going from 7.5 aps to 15 aps is quite a Stretch and as far as i understand, any value in between is a dps loss.

so, do i stay on 7.5 aps and go one cospri + shield for the time being und ditch the fire conversion? 7.5 aps with dual cospris seems pointless, right?

15APS seems hard to get but it's achievable. Some sources are jewels, Onslaught (flask or timeless jewel), 3 frenzy charges (from a poacher's mark ring, which you possibly already have), 15% cyclone attack speed enchant or a 12% attack speed boot enchant.

Values lower than 15 APS aren't exactly a DPS loss. You just won't use the procs to their maximum. Actually DPS loss happens when your attack speed goes higher than your maximum procs per second. Let me try to explain it.

Suppose your cooldown is .55s (~1.8 maximum procs per second) and you attack every .5s (2 attacks per second).
0.0s: attack, skill procs
0.5s: attack, skill doesn't proc (0.05s remaining)
1.0s: attack, skill procs
1.5s: attack, skill doesn't proc (0.05s remaining)

That's an extreme case, but it shows that if your APS goes over your proc rate just by a tiny bit, you can end up losing a LOT of procs (close to 50% in our case, as instead of one cast every .55s you get one every 1s). Also note that doesn't happen when your APS is less than your maximum procs per second, as your procs will recover faster than you attack.

Don't worry about random buffs that would make you go over 15APS (such as shrine, stolen buffs, ...), they're temporary. Just focus on your buffed APS (considering jewels, equipment, onslaught and frenzy charges) and you're good.
Last edited by Chesco on Oct 29, 2019, 2:35:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info