[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

Is anyone else having issues with 3.11 POB that was posted? I'm getting errors trying to import and I'm not sure if it's just me.
Is Arakaali Fang that good that u don't use Cold Iron Point for +3 lvl to Phys gems?
Also: reduced mana reserve on synthesis rings got halved in 3.11!

UPD: i checked PoB and it looks like u will need max roll on both rings (20% reduced reserve for HoP) as well as -4% mana reserved on 4 jewels. If u want to keep both Discipline and Determination, that is. So yeah, this build is pretty far from being cheap =)
Last edited by Markus_13 on Jun 18, 2020, 9:39:28 PM
"
bcweeks wrote:
Is anyone else having issues with 3.11 POB that was posted? I'm getting errors trying to import and I'm not sure if it's just me.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that! It might be because I'm using the community fork, though it's supposed to be retrocompatible. Can you take a screenshot of the error message so I can look into it? And if we really can't figure it out, I'll take screenshots of the skill tree and stuff for you. :)

"
Markus_13 wrote:
Is Arakaali Fang that good that u don't use Cold Iron Point for +3 lvl to Phys gems?
Also: reduced mana reserve on synthesis rings got halved in 3.11!

The spiders deal deceptively good damage. In the 3.11 PoB I posted, the total DPS is 3.28 millions, while the total DPS with Cold Iron Point is 1.76 millions. Furthermore, the spiders clear much quicker than the sentinels would alone, and with only 4 sentinels, we wouldn't get the permanent onslaught our ascendancy gives us.

As for the rings, I'm aware of the change, and took it into account in the 3.11 PoB as well as the guide itself. :)
"
Vatinas wrote:
The spiders deal deceptively good damage. In the 3.11 PoB I posted, the total DPS is 3.28 millions, while the total DPS with Cold Iron Point is 1.76 millions. Furthermore, the spiders clear much quicker than the sentinels would alone, and with only 4 sentinels, we wouldn't get the permanent onslaught our ascendancy gives us.

As for the rings, I'm aware of the change, and took it into account in the 3.11 PoB as well as the guide itself. :)

I will take your word on spiders (never played with Arakaali Fang), but u didn't took into account ring changes, in your PoB u have -24% on both rings, while in 3.11 it will be 20% max.
"
Markus_13 wrote:
UPD: i checked PoB and it looks like u will need max roll on both rings (20% reduced reserve for HoP) as well as -4% mana reserved on 4 jewels. If u want to keep both Discipline and Determination, that is. So yeah, this build is pretty far from being cheap =)

Quote from 3.11 patch notes:
"
Circle of Fear, Nostalgia, Regret, Anguish and Guilt: The randomly generated Herald Modifiers now grant 15-20% reduced Reservation Cost of their respective Heralds (from 30-40%), and 40-60% increased Buff Effect of their respective Heralds (from 70-100%).
"
Markus_13 wrote:
"
Vatinas wrote:

I will take your word on spiders (never played with Arakaali Fang), but u didn't took into account ring changes, in your PoB u have -24% on both rings, while in 3.11 it will be 20% max.
"
Markus_13 wrote:

Quote from 3.11 patch notes:
"
Circle of Fear, Nostalgia, Regret, Anguish and Guilt: The randomly generated Herald Modifiers now grant 15-20% reduced Reservation Cost of their respective Heralds (from 30-40%), and 40-60% increased Buff Effect of their respective Heralds (from 70-100%).

You can use life catalysts to increase the mana reservation reduction by up to 20%, making it 24% with a perfectly rolled ring. :) But I should have mentioned that more clearly, I will edit the guide right away.
"
Vatinas wrote:
"
bcweeks wrote:

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that! It might be because I'm using the community fork, though it's supposed to be retrocompatible. Can you take a screenshot of the error message so I can look into it? And if we really can't figure it out, I'll take screenshots of the skill tree and stuff for you. :)

You're correct and it was a result of the community fork. Once I installed that version it works fine. Just an FYI for anyone else having issues. Thanks for the quick reply and can't wait to try the build!
"
Vatinas wrote:
You can use life catalysts to increase the mana reservation reduction by up to 20%, making it 24% with a perfectly rolled ring. :) But I should have mentioned that more clearly, I will edit the guide right away.

Daam, i didn't realized that catalysts affect mana reserve stats for whole 2 leagues lol
Still tho this build is more expensive than it looked at the first glance.
"
Markus_13 wrote:
"
Vatinas wrote:

Daam, i didn't realized that catalysts affect mana reserve stats for whole 2 leagues lol
Still tho this build is more expensive than it looked at the first glance.

Yes, it took me a while to find out as well. :p

As for the price, yes, the build is quite expensive, but still relatively cheap when compared to a lot of builds, and it basically excels at everything. I'm not trying to sell the build, I'm just explaining why I think it's worth its price. :p

That being said, I firmly believe you can progressively transition from the league starter version to the final version very smoothly. I created a trial character in Delirium that cleared a T5 map with one 4L and one 3L, using only very mediocre items I found on the ground (I played assuming I'd get the worst luck possible). Furthermore, one nice advantage of having the spiders is that they're repsonsible for rougly half our DPS, so having the sentinels in 5L hurts the DPS less than one might think, and as a result I've killed A8 Sirus on a 5L before. I'll see how it goes with this version :)
"
Vatinas wrote:
Hi again everyone!

I finally got around to updating the guide! I'm sorry for taking so long. But I updated everything, and added a detailed league starter guide.

Thanks to livejamie's input, I followed some of his ideas, and managed to build a CI version of the build that seems much better than the LL version - more ES, more damage, immunity to chaos damage. The only downside is that the armour is a tiiiiny bit lower, but it should be barely noticeable. I still include the LL version in the guide for the sake of completeness, but I might end up removing up altogether if it turns out the CI version is, indeed, all around better and not much more expensive.

I really want to thank livejamie, as well as all the others who offered their ideas. Like I said earlier in the thread, sharing ideas is what makes builds move forward, and I wouldn't have tried to make a CI version if you guys hadn't been there to mention it. So thank you again for your ideas. :)

(livejamie, since I inspired myself from your version, I mentioned you in the special thanks. You did an amazing job figuring out some stuff I hadn't thought of)

I hope you all have a good league! May the exalts fall upon you <3

Wow... That's quite a big change to the tree. Definitely interesting to try out The CI version. At least don't need to deal with looking for shavronne early in the league. And since you're using 2 Circle of guilt/nostalgia, I guess the freeze immunity has to come from flask.

They also tease about belt enchantment. Hope that will be useful for this build.
i'm having issues transforming your pob for herald of agony. With 2 new perfects circle of nostalgia, it's still coming with -3% of unreserved mana, so i'm asking you, is it possible to still play herald of agony version of this build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info