[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
unfilteredJW wrote:
This has been the most miserable league start I've ever had.

Can someone take a look at what I'm wearing and my links and help me figure out what's going wrong? I know I can't get my absolutely abysmal rng fixed (I'm at 13c total), but I usually play life builds so maybe I'm just missing something key here.

Thanks in advance for the help. REALLY want to play this but I'm honestly a couple of hours away from rage quitting this league and that's never been something I've felt before.

I feel the same! I've had so many deaths already that it is slowing down my progression. I am confident that, once I get the designated gear, everything will be ok but so far, with hardly any currency and gear it's really tough.

You have to play melee and with not so much hp and ES that's just dangerous. If you get stunned or frozen in a pack of mobs you can't hit to trigger HoP and get ganged. I've thought about rerolling but I really want to play this build and know it will work. In the mean time I just do the UnID-ed chaos recipe and slowly build up to get the gear.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
For people that struggle try skellies for levling instead, with a 4link and a few points that you can respec out of later you can clear the story just fine and even farm some early maps if you prefer skellies instead of DM.
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
"
unfilteredJW wrote:
This has been the most miserable league start I've ever had.

Can someone take a look at what I'm wearing and my links and help me figure out what's going wrong? I know I can't get my absolutely abysmal rng fixed (I'm at 13c total), but I usually play life builds so maybe I'm just missing something key here.

Thanks in advance for the help. REALLY want to play this but I'm honestly a couple of hours away from rage quitting this league and that's never been something I've felt before.

I feel the same! I've had so many deaths already that it is slowing down my progression. I am confident that, once I get the designated gear, everything will be ok but so far, with hardly any currency and gear it's really tough.

You have to play melee and with not so much hp and ES that's just dangerous. If you get stunned or frozen in a pack of mobs you can't hit to trigger HoP and get ganged. I've thought about rerolling but I really want to play this build and know it will work. In the mean time I just do the UnID-ed chaos recipe and slowly build up to get the gear.

Hang in there.

The start is the hardest part with this build.

But once you get a few critical pieces, this build is MAGIC!

Happy to help anyone with running heists/maps.
Hit me up next time I am Online.
Bought a decent aegis and switched to CI and it feels so much better now :)
Still only have 3.9k ES but I really notice the increased toughness. At least I will be able to do maps and heists safer now while saving up for the other pieces.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
Hi

I am a bit confused about what the belt brings to the table, i was currently using this

Rarity: Unique
Bated Breath
Chain Belt
--------
Requirements:
Level: 22
--------
Item Level: 48
--------
+15 to maximum Energy Shield (implicit)
--------
+23 to Intelligence
10% increased Damage
+25 to maximum Energy Shield
20% increased maximum Energy Shield
50% increased Energy Shield Recharge Rate
--------
At knifepoint, a moment's hesitation means death.

and when i swap it out for recommendation and it just seems as though all my number change for the worse, am i missing something?

Thanks
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
Bought a decent aegis and switched to CI and it feels so much better now :)
Still only have 3.9k ES but I really notice the increased toughness. At least I will be able to do maps and heists safer now while saving up for the other pieces.

That's good to hear!

Maybe Vatinas can update the guide with a bit more help with early mapping, as we all have troubles there.

I am following his character progress for this league, which has helped me. Maybe Vatinas can write about what he does for progress, early on in the league.
Hey, noticed a lot of people have been struggling with early mapping. I noticed that buying a nice weapon (high dps) with dominating blow helps a lot. then i stuck to white maps and made chaos recipe to buy arakali's fang (about 80c -90 c on 1st day of the league) its buyable if you're lucky and get and exalted you should spend it on this.
Second big power spike would be aegis (shield) it gives so much armour and es, when i had it i took CI and i was fine with just 3 k ES running through yellow maps.
I think you should wait for memory vault to go to red maps, i went from 18k armor to 59 k with just this item (cost 40c 3rd day of league)
Basically i felt that other items can be replaced by good rares you find while leveling, astramentis was 9 c 1st day of the league so definitely buy that but otherwise the rest is to run red maps nicely.

I have one question though ; isn't it worth to path from deep wisdom to go to CI ? cost 4 points instead of 5, then we take grave intentions instead of ravenous horde so we save another point. we only loose 8 % damage on minions and 10% attack speed i think it should be ok or not ?

with those im not sure what to do, maybe just grab mana or es ?
or the two damage and minion accuracy near righteous army and redemption
or even if we have 1 more point to spend we could take the large jewel socket near CI to put watcher's eye, this way we can keep energised armour and get +8 % mana.

Let me know if you think its worth or not and what the best option should be.
Hi, why you use Bloodlust? How you make them bleed?
"
Shanarah wrote:

Vulnerability curse on hit (corrupted gloves implicit).

I just manually curse whenever I feel I need it.

"
Shanarah wrote:

Vulnerability curse on hit (corrupted gloves implicit).

I just manually curse whenever I feel I need it.

Thx

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info