[3.24] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - Fast, fun to play

I don't have the currency for a progenesis and unable to find a good phys to fire timeless jewel, and I've been dying a lot (one death almost every map) so I switched to the cheap solution of a jade flask + grace and it helped immensely. Now the build is almost immortal, and I only die when I forget to switch off the adrenaline buff and it kills me right out of the grace period where I have zero flask charges =P

Joking aside, grace + jade is actually very powerful with our setup, and I pathed to ghost dance as well and it is another nice boost to survivability. Doing that, I was only 3 points away from mana reservation mastery, so I picked it up, bought a lvl3 enlighten for 100c and now running Malevolance + Grace + Petrified Blood which feels a lot nicer. I of course dropped arctic armor since it wasn't doing much for me (even tried flesh & stone, but blind is not as strong as it used to be).

I think the next upgrade for me will be a combination of ring & quiver, but I'm saving up for a progenesis to change the rest as well.

"
Bambamghost wrote:
Hi Deathbeam,

First off, thank you for an excellent build - I've been wanting to play Scourge Arrow again since it first released.

Trying to learn more about builds and how to overcome pitfalls, but wondering if you could give some pointers (or if anyone else who frequents here can help)

https://pobb.in/PClyOEsXkO-W

I can do Pinnacle bosses no issue, I'm just falling short of killing Ubers as the damage tails off. Likely due to me not generating frenzies adequately, and lacking the ability to manual dodge all the time or get hit by some high phys / chaos dmg and that's lights out for me.

Cheers in advance, and thank you also for updating the PoB early league - checked back regularly :)

Edit: I've bought myself the correct versions of gems - specifically the anomalous petrified blood. Holy hell that thing is insane. Any further advice would still be appreciated :D

Would recommend getting remaining woke gems as well,especially woke vicious and woke unbound, both pretty big upgrades.

Upgrade to your ammy would also help,its decent for defense but for ubers you want offensive stats more.

Your amethyst should rly have somecast speed on it as well.

Also if you checked the F.A.Q section in main post, you want to swap flasks for ubers (e.g correct ele flask against every uber).

Also grab taunt on your abyss jewel on top of blind, its pretty big damage reduction for both yoou and your totems.

Rest of your setup looks pretty good.
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
Could anyone look at my build and tell me why I can't maintain "Annihilation's Approach" boots? I have max rez with flask up (which is 100% uptime)
"
nazeroth77 wrote:
Could anyone look at my build and tell me why I can't maintain "Annihilation's Approach" boots? I have max rez with flask up (which is 100% uptime)

The boots require a lot of ES recovery, which means clusters, vitality wathers eye and belt with flask effect mostly.
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
Hey ! love the work on the guide i was wondering if this build could work without the ballista totem since i don't really like the playstile of it but i can't find many guides on scourge arrow without the totem
Last edited by CaptainCix on May 7, 2023, 2:20:28 PM
"
CaptainCix wrote:
Hey ! love the work on the guide i was wondering if this build could work without the ballista totem since i don't really like the playstile of it but i can't find many guides on scourge arrow without the totem

This build can definitely work without totems, but its single target damage will be much lower. Wilma's is a big power boost that got fully fleshed out this league, but it stops you from selfcasting.

If you replace Wilma's with another helmet(devouring diadem, or a rare with ailment duration when focused) you can have a 6L self cast in the bow for clearing maps and a 6L totem in the chest for killing bosses/tanky rares.
Do we only use Vaal haste for the vaal buff? Seems impossible to try and run it with everything else.

Also, if I run Awakened vicious projectiles will it make my vengeant cascade not bounce back? What's a good way to stay above 55%?
Last edited by I GunRunner I on May 8, 2023, 2:15:45 AM
Small tip for heist enjoyers. If you spec heist on your atlas tree, you can kit out Huck with an arrowhead that grants level 15 haste (or grace) and up to 30% increased flask charges gained in your maps. The atlas node is Dutiful Soldier. This can ease up the belt flask mods (or passive tree) and opens up another defensive aura.

If you run full heist on atlas tree along with compass mods, you almost always find a smuggler's chest before the end of a cycle or two of your flasks.

Even if you don't run heist contracts and BPs yoursel, you can easily bulk sell the nicer contracts and BPs.

Just a small tip for those looking to squeeze in another aura and some more flask charges.
Last edited by White_Rabbit_29 on May 8, 2023, 8:48:10 AM
Up to this point, I've been playing on the default build, which was with Malevolence, and now I've seen an update where one slot on the bow is missing. We really don't need an extra stone that we can afford to run around with a five-slot bow?
I understand that malevolence was swapped to haste and haste removed from the bow, but still we have 1 free slot in the end...
"
"
CaptainCix wrote:

This build can definitely work without totems, but its single target damage will be much lower. Wilma's is a big power boost that got fully fleshed out this league, but it stops you from selfcasting.

If you replace Wilma's with another helmet(devouring diadem, or a rare with ailment duration when focused) you can have a 6L self cast in the bow for clearing maps and a 6L totem in the chest for killing bosses/tanky rares.

Thanks ill try to do that and see how it goes !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info