3.12 - Spectral Shield Throw Deadeye - Frigid Table Thrower

"
Xyrre wrote:
Hey, did you craft your sceptre with fossils or did you buy it?

i80 Redeemer base, spammed just frigid fossils. Took about 40ish i wasn't keeping close count, All you're looking to beat is an Ewar's mirage with Damage pen corruption, as that's the next best thing before a sceptre other bases might be good but i haven't looked into everything.
If you're rolling them look out for the 'Hatred increased aura effect' i didn't see it once, but it's insanely good.
Spectral Shield Throw Deadeye - /view-thread/2548646
Yeah its looks like skeeterbots->hoi.
And i dont understand why u are not swap maim to the hipotermie.
"
yodda_ua wrote:
Yeah its looks like skeeterbots->hoi.
And i dont understand why u are not swap maim to the hipotermie.

Skitterbots are good compared to herald of ice for sure, the reason i'm not currently using hypothermia is because the damage difference is very slight, and the situations you don't apply chills make the support useless. in my current PoB maim is a 31% more damage as a 6th link and hypothermia is 39% more, If you're mapping and you oneshot packs with maim in you're never going to have a hit count the added damage of hypothermia so it becomes redundant.

Hypothermia is very good if you know for a fact you can consistently chill the boss in question, with all the changes to boss and chill mechanics i'm just not sure on a lot of them if i can/can not chill them so i'm just playing it safe.
"
Pimmalage wrote:

Skitterbots are good compared to herald of ice for sure, the reason i'm not currently using hypothermia is because the damage difference is very slight, and the situations you don't apply chills make the support useless. in my current PoB maim is a 31% more damage as a 6th link and hypothermia is 39% more, If you're mapping and you oneshot packs with maim in you're never going to have a hit count the added damage of hypothermia so it becomes redundant.

Hypothermia is very good if you know for a fact you can consistently chill the boss in question, with all the changes to boss and chill mechanics i'm just not sure on a lot of them if i can/can not chill them so i'm just playing it safe.

But skitterbots also chill enemies, so everyone is always chill and shock
Last edited by yodda_ua on Dec 18, 2019, 6:20:28 PM
I see some people using bonechill in their setup (skitter or totem). The way I read bonechill they are only using it for the increased chill effect but also reading ice shots builds using it to increase their dps. Do you know if bonechill effects the dps on our sst attack? Can our totem even chill with a stat stick weapon to proc bonechill or would it need to be linked with skitter?
"
I see some people using bonechill in their setup (skitter or totem). The way I read bonechill they are only using it for the increased chill effect but also reading ice shots builds using it to increase their dps. Do you know if bonechill effects the dps on our sst attack? Can our totem even chill with a stat stick weapon to proc bonechill or would it need to be linked with skitter?

Yes bonechill as a mechanic works fine with any skill that has the potential to chill, I.E our totem or skitterbots.
The issue with using bonechill in either of those for us, is that our main skill still applies a chill (And most likely a stronger one than any of the support skills would apply).

It's kind of hard to explain the mechanic but i'll try my best.
The source of chill matters when bonechill is concerned, So say your skitterbots chill an enemy for 20% (Not exact numbers just an example) If you main skill applies a chill afterwards for 25% it will replace the source of chill on the enemy, thus making bonechill not apply it's debuff anymore.

So with this knowledge you can use skitterbots with bonechill and always have the buff up by using Elemental focus in your main links and making sure your any of your supporting skills don't chill "more" than your skitterbots.
It could potentially be more damage but i don't want to complicate the mechanics of a build i want to be a good cookie-cutter for people to learn SST.
Hi! I'm playing a different SST build, but I feel like the question still applies here - what's the point of using Lioneye's Vision? The SST gem says that the projectile cannot pierce, does that not apply to the small shards?
"
SenseiTomato wrote:
Hi! I'm playing a different SST build, but I feel like the question still applies here - what's the point of using Lioneye's Vision? The SST gem says that the projectile cannot pierce, does that not apply to the small shards?

Correct, it applies to the shards only not the initial shield.
It also adds a 14% More multiplier to projectile damage which makes for nice damage and utility.
Other chest choices aren't wrong either i was considering revising chest choices, but there's so many options.
What about Impresence Onyx Amulet. Its prety cheap and you get the free Frostbite curse some life and cold damage.
"
zuzuyolo wrote:
What about Impresence Onyx Amulet. Its prety cheap and you get the free Frostbite curse some life and cold damage.

It's not a terrible amulet for the build it's just not better than phys as extra/Elemental damage with attack/Cold penetration.
All of the above mods more that make up for it, like i said in the FAQ frostbite isn't needed but it's nice. honestly if you wanted a higher level curse on blasphemy you could probably just drop Aspect of the spider and run it if you preferred that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info