3.12 - Spectral Shield Throw Deadeye - Frigid Table Thrower

Took down U.Elder at 86.

Went with double curse and skitterbot, it wasn't a clean kill since I SUCK AT AIMING when I'm worried about being two-shotted by everything.

If I play it again it would be with the dodge set-up :p.
Hey Pimmalage, love the guide but there is one bit I'm not fully understanding.

I'm looking to play SST as a league starter and so I'm unsure at what point should I be using the Maim gem over your recommended 6-link setup.

What should I be replacing for Maim till I can obtain a rare chest piece with Level 1 Maim mod?

As your PoB uses a maim chest and also doesn't have Pierce enabled which is part of your recommended 6-link in the written guide. So I'm not sure what is actually meant to be used as a beginner 6Link setup till you get the chest + full conversion.
"
Anherus wrote:
Hey Pimmalage, love the guide but there is one bit I'm not fully understanding.

I'm looking to play SST as a league starter and so I'm unsure at what point should I be using the Maim gem over your recommended 6-link setup.

What should I be replacing for Maim till I can obtain a rare chest piece with Level 1 Maim mod?

As your PoB uses a maim chest and also doesn't have Pierce enabled which is part of your recommended 6-link in the written guide. So I'm not sure what is actually meant to be used as a beginner 6Link setup till you get the chest + full conversion.

Pierce compared to maim, Maim is going to be more damage than pierce since pierce is mostly a utility gem with some added damage.

Any setup which isn't full conversion can take advantage of maim more since the "Increased physical damage taken" mod on the gem.
Energy leech support can be annoying to use while leveling if you don't have any energy shield while leveling + blood rage to get the full potential damage.

I really do need to go back and do a full leveling guide/video to clear up a lot of leveling questions.

TL;DR - Maim is 'good' over Pierce and/or energy leech. Setups that are not full conversion get more benefit from maim.
Spectral Shield Throw Deadeye - /view-thread/2548646
"
Pimmalage wrote:

Pierce compared to maim, Maim is going to be more damage than pierce since pierce is mostly a utility gem with some added damage.

Any setup which isn't full conversion can take advantage of maim more since the "Increased physical damage taken" mod on the gem.
Energy leech support can be annoying to use while leveling if you don't have any energy shield while leveling + blood rage to get the full potential damage.

I really do need to go back and do a full leveling guide/video to clear up a lot of leveling questions.

TL;DR - Maim is 'good' over Pierce and/or energy leech. Setups that are not full conversion get more benefit from maim.

Thanks for the quick response, looking forward to playing this come 3.9!
-Added some thoughts on 3.9 changes to the main thread.

I'll be playing SST league start and hopefully streaming and keeping the thread updated with any changes, most likely regarding the new bases and skill + gems (Or whatever they're being called). So if you have any issues or questions regarding the build feel free to ask here or on stream.
Good luck and have fun in Metamorph.
"
Pimmalage wrote:
-Added some thoughts on 3.9 changes to the main thread.

I'll be playing SST league start and hopefully streaming and keeping the thread updated with any changes, most likely regarding the new bases and skill + gems (Or whatever they're being called). So if you have any issues or questions regarding the build feel free to ask here or on stream.
Good luck and have fun in Metamorph.

Any suggestion for a new end game body?
Mb Ashrend, Lioneye's Vision, Incandescent Heart, Loreweave, The Eternity Shroud?

Using your pob, it looks like Lioneye's Vision prity simmilar to a Maim body, and The Eternity Shroud is over all best but with all shaper items.
Last edited by yodda_ua on Dec 11, 2019, 2:40:32 PM
"
yodda_ua wrote:

Any suggestion for a new end game body?
Mb Ashrend, Lioneye's Vision, Incandescent Heart, Loreweave, The Eternity Shroud?

Using your pob, it looks like Lioneye's Vision prity simmilar to a Maim body, and The Eternity Shroud is over all best but with all shaper items.

I would say lioneye's vision would be the best one, but all of those work very well.
If nothing new comes along in terms of the new bases i'll be sure to update the thread with any thoughts/changes.
Hey, you got some Update for us?
Done With 500/500 Chest in the Ulab and wanna start my new Build.
"
Lodegren wrote:
Hey, you got some Update for us?
Done With 500/500 Chest in the Ulab and wanna start my new Build.

Nothing super concrete in terms of updating the build guide, i'm still very much testing new rolls on things, you're welcome to snoop at my character as and when i change things.

Small notes -
Stat sticks aren't dead and possibly even better, Amulets are kinda the same. Redeemer bases are insanely strong for jewelry giving us frostbite rings, phys as extra cold, cold pen, Wrath aura effect/reduced reservation.

I thought we could swap out of using a Watcher's eye for conversion and use the new conversion on one-handed melee weps but it only totals 95% (40 tree/25 gloves/30 weapons) conversion so watcher's eye still seems like the best option.

Skitterbots are good, possibly might try aspect of the spider instead as this league is quite rippy.
Hey, did you craft your sceptre with fossils or did you buy it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info