3.7.2 Patch Notes

"
Weltfremd wrote:

Many other companys bring out huge content and test there shit. Sure it is not perfect ok, but it doesn't take a month to make it playable for all.

[Removed by Support]

So now that that is cleared up. GGG is working on fixing things, they get feedback from the community about bugs, challenge leagues are pretty much their beta testing to get bugs fixed, see how leagues perform for player retention, and tune monsters and battles to make them challenging and rewarding. So by us doing beta testing for them, they give us a fresh economy, and free MTX rewards for playing the game, and better rewards for playing the game more which allows them to find more bugs and do more polishing before the league mechanic potentially goes core.

We are the beta testers pretty much, and they work on fixing bugs that we report. To think that GGG should test every little thing, is quite a bold statement. How can you expect them to test every single skill, with every single support, in every single area, under every single circumstance before launch? But trying their best to release a quality, usable League is almost always done... but its whenever hundreds of thousands of people descend upon the server and test every single skill, under every single circumstance, with multitudes of different computer hardware, thats whenever the issues surface. And you cannot say they don't try their best to fix these issues, because they do, every single league... they don't just ignore bug reports.

And player numbers go down, because people do lose interest in games, it happens to all games.. they try hard to keep people interested, but after a couple months, numbers are quite low my friend. Then they announce a new league, hype begins, some players come back, then league drops and hundreds of thousands of players play again. You cannot expect GGG to lose tons of money just to polish a league mechanic to 100% perfection that they don't even know will be well received by the community.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Nichelle_GGG on Jun 21, 2019, 10:49:50 AM
Dude, how am I going to be a beta tester when I can't play the freaking game? If I crash ever ten minutes how am I a tester?
"
AcidRizzle wrote:
Spoiler
"
Weltfremd wrote:

Many other companys bring out huge content and test there shit. Sure it is not perfect ok, but it doesn't take a month to make it playable for all.

[Removed by Support]

So now that that is cleared up. GGG is working on fixing things, they get feedback from the community about bugs, challenge leagues are pretty much their beta testing to get bugs fixed, see how leagues perform for player retention, and tune monsters and battles to make them challenging and rewarding. So by us doing beta testing for them, they give us a fresh economy, and free MTX rewards for playing the game, and better rewards for playing the game more which allows them to find more bugs and do more polishing before the league mechanic potentially goes core.

We are the beta testers pretty much, and they work on fixing bugs that we report. To think that GGG should test every little thing, is quite a bold statement. How can you expect them to test every single skill, with every single support, in every single area, under every single circumstance before launch? But trying their best to release a quality, usable League is almost always done... but its whenever hundreds of thousands of people descend upon the server and test every single skill, under every single circumstance, with multitudes of different computer hardware, thats whenever the issues surface. And you cannot say they don't try their best to fix these issues, because they do, every single league... they don't just ignore bug reports.

And player numbers go down, because people do lose interest in games, it happens to all games.. they try hard to keep people interested, but after a couple months, numbers are quite low my friend. Then they announce a new league, hype begins, some players come back, then league drops and hundreds of thousands of players play again. You cannot expect GGG to lose tons of money just to polish a league mechanic to 100% perfection that they don't even know will be well received by the community.

[Removed by Support]

A proper AAA studio with the backing of TENCENT (which is hardly a "small indie company") should be able to "git gud & up to snuff" and "test every little thing, ... every single area, under every single circumstance before launch" as a proper QA SHOULD BE DONE - the horror of actually performing it and ensure the PRODUCT WORKS AS INTENDED, thanks God that other companies actually still do it and don't rely on players to be BETA TESTERS...

Player numbers go down BECAUSE TENCENTGGG have the best [Removed by Support] actually PROPERLY ADDRESS all the goddamn problems that plague the game since it's official launch as a "completed product" aka 1.0...

Stop making excuses, as TencentGGG are way past the time when they should have "step up their game" and WORK on the "COMPLETE PoE EXPERIENCE" in a relevant way...

As a fellow forum player properly said: "You can take the game out of the garage, but you can't take the garage out of the game"...

Let that sink in, and acknowledge that TencentGGG can't build atop on such a broken foundation any longer...

PS: This comes from a fervent critique that actually SUPPORTED GGG even when their views didn't align with his humble ones, but lately, they simply succeed into highlight WHY that was the wrong path to take. They lack focus and a proper end to their goals these days, and that is so dishearting, as PoE was one of the best ARPGs on the market, translated to one of the best arcade shooters, but unfortunately tends to levy now towards another "timed clicker" due to all the wrong decisions and reasoning in the recent years...

PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by Nichelle_GGG on Jun 21, 2019, 10:52:15 AM
Still getting hard to-desktop crashes while doing nothing special on maps. This time, just walking across a bridge in Alleyways. I'm getting kind of tired of checking to see if these patches are actually fixing the problem. Please keep working on it and let us know when the persistent problem is actually fixed. =(
I have several points to clarify...

TLDR: Sorry, there just is none... read it or don't ;) Don't expect perfect english, i'll give my best.

1. Thanks GGG for your really great work on everything you do! REALLY! I haven't been playing this game for a very long time yet, but i can see your efforts and the progress this game makes, especially with this league.

2. For everyone who complains about crashes and broken mechanics... I get you, but please think about this reasonably! With this league GGG introduced a MASSIVE change in the core functionality of their game. Yes i talk about the melee changes. Not only is this a big change for us players, but even more for the engine which runs the game. I'm not very educated in game engineering but this change definetly took them a good amount of time to develop and implement. It changes the interoperability witth pretty much everything you can skill and encounter with a melee build. There's tons and tons of use-cases which need to be considered and can't possibly all be tested. I'm damn **** sure that a big amount of crashes and other weird interactions are happening because of this core change. It's like replacing the wings of an airplane while it's flying.

3. More testing would definetly possible, no question. And here comes the BUT. You need to consider GGG's strategy for developing our beloved game. They introduce a new league roughly every 13 weeks, and they implement the core mechanics of this league in the core game. This approach is not really common afaik. Many studios update their games very slowly (Diablo) or publish sequels of the original game (Diablo). Those studios (blizzard) often have multiple games they develop and thus can manage a larger pool of ressources which enables them to do more testing on a new patch/release, because they earn their money with other games as well. Please note that Blizzard and Diablo are just used as examples. There are many more i could mention...

4. If you have the time, go to YouTube and watch the Video from GGG on how they designed PoE to "be played forever". It gives fantastic insights into GGG's development cycle and what it actually takes to go from patch to patch.
In my opinion, we as GGG's playerbase should be proud and glad to be able to support such a fantastic studio which keeps up the somewhat "original spirit of game development"! It's sad to see how the gaming industry has changed over the last decade (at least). I don't wanna point with my finger on anyone but i already mentioned a studio which i think lost a huge amount of respect and love of their playerbase to the greed of money. There's also another very very big publisher which is guilty of the same thing. Some of you may know who i am talking of.

5. If you read this GGG: I can imagine how many things you have to squeeze into this very small time window in between all your patches. If was you, i would try to communicate your struggles (i'm sure you do have quite a few ;) ) as openly and authentical as possible to us, your playerbase. It would help us to understand why some things don't go the way we expect them to go. I hope (actually i'm sure) this would prevent many players quitting your wonderful game just because they think it's too bugged out.

6. Now my personal hopes and desires: PLEASE fix flicker strike :P it still crashes my game quite often. I'm not gonna speculate what the problem is. To so so, i'd probably have to be in your dev-team.
Last edited by Quaenor on Jun 20, 2019, 4:14:10 PM
What about Pathfinder poison prolif? If ED can spread so should poison from Nature's Reprisal
hello. using oni goroshi before the patch it registered an icon for "her embrace" buff in the top left. now after the patch nothing. I also am certain I am not receiving any buffs from the weapon. and yes I have fire damage to ignite the targets. Im playing a marauder tectonic slam build. please help
Bug: I have terrible lag spikes when I place totems Templar - Ritual of Awakening passive. I can't move properly if I keep going and summon more, the game enter in a state of slow motion. Please take a look on that :(
"
jbar90 wrote:
hello. using oni goroshi before the patch it registered an icon for "her embrace" buff in the top left. now after the patch nothing. I also am certain I am not receiving any buffs from the weapon. and yes I have fire damage to ignite the targets. Im playing a marauder tectonic slam build. please help

Works fine for me.
I'm also marauder tectonic oni goroshi.
hey i get this error when trying to download the patch
Error: Failed writing received data to disk/application while downloading
http://patchcdn.pathofexile.com/3.7.2.1/PathOfExile_x64.exe

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info