[3.7] Essence Drain/Contagion Trickster (the best one)

update on my gear can anyone take a look for me and lmk what I need to upgrade?

https://pastebin.com/JtTxFmRY

thank you!
"
Windfuriouss wrote:
I have a 6l bow for my Essence Drain, looking at another 6l for maybe Blight setup for bosses.

Blight - Faster Casting - Void Manipulation - Swift Affliction - Empower - Controlled Destruction

Using that in a Perfect Form, suggestions?

You sould use the following setup on your chest: blight - efficacy - void manipulation - swift affliction - controlled - infused channling.
If you can get + 2 socketed duration/aoe gem on your chest than replace empower 4 with void manipulation.
Last edited by caubelua72 on Jul 1, 2019, 8:26:27 AM
Build feels OP once you have like 400k+ Dot DPS in hideout, everything is super easy, im expecting a nerf next season otherwise this build will take over once they nerf Impale.

The only logical and appropriate reaction to the Announcement:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV-yfpZhSeo
"
bustr wrote:
Build feels OP once you have like 400k+ Dot DPS in hideout, everything is super easy, im expecting a nerf next season otherwise this build will take over once they nerf Impale.

I'm thinking of progress into a similar gear like yours, gloves and helmet etc. Also, move my auras into my chest armour. However I'm doing a lot of shaper/uber elder farm and I wonder how your build is against bossing without blight?
"
omglapizza wrote:
So how do we feel about magic find? I've got about 10 ex to spend, not sure if investing in a MF set is worth it over buying Impressence/Empower level 4/etc.

In general, boost speed/dps first before going for magic find. Most people who try MF slow themselves down too much to make it worth it. Once you find yourself demolishing content trivially, start adding some IIQ. Rings/gloves/belt are probably the best places for this build to squeeze in some MF with the lowest opportunity cost.

"
sillstryparnn wrote:
"
bustr wrote:

I'm thinking of progress into a similar gear like yours, gloves and helmet etc. Also, move my auras into my chest armour. However I'm doing a lot of shaper/uber elder farm and I wonder how your build is against bossing without blight?

The build is nice for bossing. You can't insta-kill with megamillion DPS like other max builds, but the long-lasting effects make it easier to just run around and kite. He's got wither totems which could be swapped out for hand-cast blight if you wanted to squeeze out a bit more juice.

As for the build being OP, the funny thing is it was actually WAYYYYYYY more powerful in Synthesis. Synthesis bows could get level 31-32 ED in them with the implicits, while the rest of the build is unchanged. Winter Orb Eternity Shroud was just even better, so ED flew under the radar.
really nice strat for a strong wand if you're struggling is to use an Abberant fossil on one. If you hit the "lvl 10 despair on hit" then it seems to have a weird / not-sure-if-intended but ok interaction with ED/contagion.

You essence drain a rare enemy. it gets despair from the ED hit. then you cast contagion on the mobs around it and the rare dies... all the mobs also get the despair curse, even though you didn't "hit" them with ED. As I said, not sure if this is a bug or part of the ED/contagion interaction, but it's pretty sweet.
Finally managed to grab a sweet bow and i'm kicking ass! Would appreciate some tips =)
pob -> https://pastebin.com/s40XZCgC

What do you think i should prioritise next?
What should i 6link on the body?

"
M1St3R wrote:
Finally managed to grab a sweet bow and i'm kicking ass! Would appreciate some tips =)
pob -> https://pastebin.com/s40XZCgC

What do you think i should prioritise next?
What should i 6link on the body?

Level 4 Empower would be a massive (~50% or more) damage boost.

I don't know anything about it, but it's been mentioned earlier in the thread that if you use Temp Chains you need to pick up the 'Whispers of Doom' passive or it will override despair (not sure if that's affected by you using a flask or not)
Last edited by matt__ on Jul 1, 2019, 11:06:52 PM
I'm still new to this build and in the mid leveling phase so forgive me...

In regards to despair, what is the best way to get this curse on the enemies? With the flask, do you just need it on 1 enemy or do you need to run around the whole pack first?

Looking to get the easiest QoL for the cursing with good effectiveness as well.
i watched a video guide about essence drain bow craft. what i didnt understand is why the guide says that you have to use alteration, augmentation and a regal orb, and than annul twice and hope the +1 stays.

WHY wouldnt a alt and regal suffice so you only have to use 1 annul and a 50/50 chance rather than a 33%chance?

thanks for your answer
i hate you redditors, you know who you are

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info