[3.7] Essence Drain/Contagion Trickster (the best one)

"
Merluza wrote:
i watched a video guide about essence drain bow craft. what i didnt understand is why the guide says that you have to use alteration, augmentation and a regal orb, and than annul twice and hope the +1 stays.

WHY wouldnt a alt and regal suffice so you only have to use 1 annul and a 50/50 chance rather than a 33%chance?

thanks for your answer

Sounds like the guide is wrong by including the Augmentation. That step is unnecessary if not detrimental to RNGing a rare bow with just +1 to gems. I've watched a few guides about multicrafting and none of them talked about using Augmentation.
"
Hellsmith wrote:
I'm still new to this build and in the mid leveling phase so forgive me...

In regards to despair, what is the best way to get this curse on the enemies? With the flask, do you just need it on 1 enemy or do you need to run around the whole pack first?

Looking to get the easiest QoL for the cursing with good effectiveness as well.

Use Aberrant fossil on wands and get lvl 10 despair on hit and spell dmg. shouldnt take more than a couple
"
dandan88 wrote:
"
Hellsmith wrote:
I'm still new to this build and in the mid leveling phase so forgive me...

In regards to despair, what is the best way to get this curse on the enemies? With the flask, do you just need it on 1 enemy or do you need to run around the whole pack first?

Looking to get the easiest QoL for the cursing with good effectiveness as well.

Use Aberrant fossil on wands and get lvl 10 despair on hit and spell dmg. shouldnt take more than a couple

In my opinion, the best way (also the most expensive way), is to use Impresence amulet to allow you to run Blasphemy + Despair without reserving mana.

The cheaper, but still convenient method is to link it to your CWDT setup. The downside here is not being able to force it onto a specific enemy, but at least you don't have to take any action to cast it.

The less convenient method is to hand cast it or but it in Bane. You get the control of making sure it's on tough bosses, but it takes up a spot in your skill bar, and you have to remember to do it.

Witchfire Brew is a bit of a compromise. Most people do a good job spamming their utility flasks, so you'll have a higher uptime on the curse on most enemies. The downside here is that your uptime will be lower on bosses since your charges will run out.
Any suggestions on where to go for gear from here? Damage is starting to feel pretty good, but ultimately I'm looking for this to be capable of killing uber.

Also have these to work with as well

"
rlauren2 wrote:

Witchfire Brew is a bit of a compromise. Most people do a good job spamming their utility flasks, so you'll have a higher uptime on the curse on most enemies. The downside here is that your uptime will be lower on bosses since your charges will run out.

I'm very happy with Witchfire Brew. When fighting Elder/Shaper/Uber Elder I swap out my Faster Casting Support (linked with Flame Dash) for hard cast despair. Against any other bosses, the flask is plenty.
"
Berard420 wrote:
Any suggestions on where to go for gear from here? Damage is starting to feel pretty good, but ultimately I'm looking for this to be capable of killing uber.

Level 4 Empower will be good damage. Put an Arcane Surge in with your Contaigon for a nice damage boost to all your spells. Get some more levels in to up your HP/Damage, but you could probably beat him right now. I'd also go with the Perfect Form and put blight in it + spreading rot gem. That gives you 9 points to move elsewhere and also lets you actually use the Arctic Armor you have equipped.
Last edited by matt__ on Jul 2, 2019, 4:10:48 PM
"
matt__ wrote:
"
Berard420 wrote:

Level 4 Empower will be good damage. Put an Arcane Surge in with your Contaigon for a nice damage boost to all your spells. Get some more levels in to up your HP/Damage, but you could probably beat him right now. I'd also go with the Perfect Form and put blight in it + spreading rot gem. That gives you 9 points to move elsewhere and also lets you actually use the Arctic Armor you have equipped.

Thanks for the input. I have been watching the lvl 4 empowers waiting (Hoping) for price drops. Yeah the arctic armor was just a placeholder as I swapped in the perfect form, with using that I will have to re work my rings as I will be under res cap esp with cold res. Oh and where do those 9 points free up from?

Any tips for configuring POB as well? I have been loading my toon and seeing around 350kish on my ED where as with similar gear Ive seen others with roughly double.
"
Berard420 wrote:
Oh and where do those 9 points free up from?

Not needing to get Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics

"
Berard420 wrote:

Any tips for configuring POB as well? I have been loading my toon and seeing around 350kish on my ED where as with similar gear Ive seen others with roughly double.

Read the first post on this page: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2526526/page/25
Though I've had better single Target dps with some other builds I ran, I do love how well rounded this build is. You can also adjust the tree and gear to your hearts content as well. The survivability of this build is really nice, only times I've been dying is to legion dudes in rippy map mods.

I killed my first Uber elder today and I'm very happy with the overall progress I've been making.

Can someone make a guide to crafting the helm? I'm brand spanking new at crafting. Thanks <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info