Cyclone

"
Hi there, with the recent changes in 3.7 melee, i've decided to give cyclone a shot. While leveling, I found out that cyclone(skill gem on glove) can be used by dual wieding axe but when dual wielding dagger, I can't use cyclone? (putting cyclone gem into dagger fixs the problem) So is this an intended feature or a bug?
I'm using it dual wielding daggers with no issue. As you're swapping gear and changing bonuses, I'm guessing one of your stats is dropping too low to user your gloves or one of the support gems in them.
Loving this skill. The change to having it be channeled feels fantastic.

I'm just using it in a 4-link while dual-wielding, with my single target dps skill in my 6-link chest and I'm using cyclone as a trash killer + defense/support:

Cyclone--Infused Channeling--Fortify--Onslaught

I have an innate 15% chance to blind from the skill tree and that's enough.

So, you see it's really just a carrier for those 4 buffs/debuffs and it still works great for clearing trash.

I'm not a pro screen clearer -- I play to have fun, and Cyclone is definitely fun for me.

The sound effects for it are great -- I may need to tweak my EQ to get the "thwack" sounding just right, but the potential is there.

It definitely makes my character feel like a badass... kinda reminds me of the Assassin from D2 wielding a Beast without the chance to casts (I could make it do that in a 6 link but it would do ass damage with my build because I focused on attack damage).

It's a pretty versatile skill and can be used quite a few ways to good effect.

Last edited by Daemonjax on Jul 22, 2019, 4:17:18 PM
I am very disapointed!!

with 3.7 Cyclone was finaly in a position of being good.

Then the usual min-maxer streaming guys ABUSED Headhunter + 4 * Inspired Learning to trivial most content.

And as a result ... you GGG don't nearv Headhunter (OR REMOVE THIS STUPIDLY OVERPOWERT BELT) and Inspired Learning jewels which are the real problem ... you nerv Cyclone again.

WHY?????????

Headhunter and IL jewels will allways make ANY FOTM ABUSER streamer build overpowert. It was NOT Cyclone!

Can you explain this FAIL to me GGG?
Last edited by Schakar on Sep 3, 2019, 1:06:06 PM
Posted in wrong spot before. sorry about that!

Can you please increase the radius a little bit, Not a ton but make it bigger then just the size of our characters this feels terrible. The radius is actually smaller then it was pre-legion. I understand it was too strong in legion but these kneejerk over nerf responses is terrible for the people that actually enjoy playing the skill and not the meta.

This feels terrible. Cyclone is literally the only skill I enjoy and is what I play 90% of the time. I don't feel like I can continue playing this game unless this gets fixed. See you guys next league maybe. Or maybe not. I can't continue to support a game I find unenjoyable.
Hi GGG team,

I guess you have other stuff to work on right now, but still i wanted to give you a little feedback about the cyclone balance.

When i saw the gem modification, i made the calculation to see the change in dps with the new version (less flat damage on the gem itself, which leads to -10% for my character) which should be compensated by the rework of pulverise (more damage). However, when i logged in on my cyclone character, i had lost 35% of my tooltip dps. Can you explain why ? Is there a bug in the new skill gem ?

Concerning teh rework of radius, i'm kind of disappointed because the great majority of abuse came from the Slayer ascendancy. I play cyclone as a gladiator, so the radius was OK but certainly not abused. It's annoying that other ascendancies than slayer must pay for this.

"
Geraldor wrote:
Hi GGG team,

I guess you have other stuff to work on right now, but still i wanted to give you a little feedback about the cyclone balance.

When i saw the gem modification, i made the calculation to see the change in dps with the new version (less flat damage on the gem itself, which leads to -10% for my character) which should be compensated by the rework of pulverise (more damage). However, when i logged in on my cyclone character, i had lost 35% of my tooltip dps. Can you explain why ? Is there a bug in the new skill gem ?

Concerning teh rework of radius, i'm kind of disappointed because the great majority of abuse came from the Slayer ascendancy. I play cyclone as a gladiator, so the radius was OK but certainly not abused. It's annoying that other ascendancies than slayer must pay for this.

The radius is so bad now LMAO, I also play Mara in HC and you have to hug Blight mobs which make it extremely unsafe.

GGG have no perspective when it comes to adjusting gems with EVERY ascendency out there.

I guess I'll go play wow instead until they change Multistrike and give non slayers ways to have aoe/clearspeed
"Zazan":
*Cast On Damage Taken: The level requirement of gems augmented by Cast on Damage Taken may not exceed the level requirement of the Cast on Damage Taken gem.
*Fixed a bug where people logged in to play
Please increase the radius, It feels really bad while leveling and doesn't feel like it fits its function as a clear skill until much later in the game.

This is a clear skill that has lower AoE, and movement speed then any other clear in the game. It simply doesn't function properly as a clear anymore. If the AoE is going to be this small maybe make up the difference by reducing the movement speed debuff on it some? Or possibly give it a secondary AoE that reachs out further then the first one that does no damage but pulls the enemies into the damage area. I don't know how to fix it but the clear power on this skill needs work. The damage is fine, could probably even be reduced some in exchange for increased AoE.
The skill doesn't feels good anymore.
I've used Cyclone in Legion, the skill at 27 units constant radius was awesome, but now the same build has radius 14-22 units and it's disgusting to play.
The build is remarkably fast, 18aps Cyclone, 5aps Whirling Blades yet repositioning followed by "building-up" Cyclone AoE feels extremely slow and overall weak.

Anything that goes over 30 units is not melee,
Anything in this game that has radius less than 25 units performs bad.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Dec 23, 2019, 6:17:18 PM
I will never touch this skill gem as long as there is a movement penalty. It does exactly the opposite of what you imagine from a spinning character in an arpg. And I honestly feel that ggg's take on the spinning character is out of touch with what you want to do with it.
Cyclone update league Harvest
We have removed the stun immunity from Cyclone, but made no other changes to it. This immunity was originally added to prevent implementation problems when positional desync was common, not as a core part of the skill's design. Being able to move while dealing damage is already a powerful defensive benefit, and melee attackers are usually more resistant to stuns. The skill will still make you immune to knockback, and Vaal Cyclone still retains its stun immunity.
"

Cyclone no longer has stun immunity
Last edited by poe2k20summer on Jun 16, 2020, 4:29:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info