3.7| Stress Free PoE - HALLELUJAH FIRE |Clear the Atlas with YOUR Items at YOUR Pace (SSF & Co-op)

"
"
...So while I was at it tonight I thought I wonder how it would work on your RF build and sure enough it ran so good I will be using cyclone on that build as well. No more bumping into enemies we can just spin right past while they melt! lol...
Great suggestion! I've been playing with that skill here as well! Great minds think alike ;). We have similar play styles. I'll see if I can post a video showing Cyclone with this build shortly.

I was thinking that very thing Wrecker! lol Looking forward to your video too btw you beast! I would like to do some recordings but with my internet it would take forever to do them so I just let you guy's with the good internet do that. ;)
"
-(If you get a six link, remove Efficacy Support and add both Arcane Surge Support and Swift Affliction Support - Neither of these two skills help at all individually. When combined they do more damage that Efficacy. (Adding Swift Affliction to RF adds the Duration tag (on Swift Affliction) to RF. That then makes Arcane Surge a viable support for RF as well.)

Hi i finally got my 6 link and i replaced efficacy as you said and going for swift affliction and arcane surge. The problem is that the build you mapped out is kinda limited with low dextarity. Should i just add a few nodes in dextarity to fill out the remaining so i can max the skill out or go for more dex on gear ?
"
zwinto82 wrote:
"
-(If you get a six link, remove Efficacy Support and add both Arcane Surge Support and Swift Affliction Support - Neither of these two skills help at all individually. When combined they do more damage that Efficacy. (Adding Swift Affliction to RF adds the Duration tag (on Swift Affliction) to RF. That then makes Arcane Surge a viable support for RF as well.)

Hi i finally got my 6 link and i replaced efficacy as you said and going for swift affliction and arcane surge. The problem is that the build you mapped out is kinda limited with low dextarity. Should i just add a few nodes in dextarity to fill out the remaining so i can max the skill out or go for more dex on gear ?

I went with the nodes so I could change gear when I wanted and didn't have to be looking for dex on gear. But you could go with dex on gear if you want.
So I've been messing around, since I found a helmet with Blood Magic and Mortal Conviction on it, and it seems to work very well.

Since I have no mana, I never run out of mana, and can just keep spamming up the totems and any attack skill I want.

I can only run one aura so no Malevolance, but it made me think. Since the actual node set for these 2 skills is already reached by the passive tree, and also gives +20% life, it might even be worth running.

Any other things that normally reserve mana will reserve health instead, but golems and all that don't fall under that, and the one aura runs for 'free'.
"
Splutty wrote:
So I've been messing around, since I found a helmet with Blood Magic and Mortal Conviction on it, and it seems to work very well.

Since I have no mana, I never run out of mana, and can just keep spamming up the totems and any attack skill I want.

I can only run one aura so no Malevolance, but it made me think. Since the actual node set for these 2 skills is already reached by the passive tree, and also gives +20% life, it might even be worth running.

Any other things that normally reserve mana will reserve health instead, but golems and all that don't fall under that, and the one aura runs for 'free'.

You could use a Essence Worm Unset ring to run Malevolance in the socket for free too!
"
"
zwinto82 wrote:
"

I went with the nodes so I could change gear when I wanted and didn't have to be looking for dex on gear. But you could go with dex on gear if you want.
Hey zwinto82,

My personal preference is: in the short term, use the tree for your Dex. In the long term get it on your gear. High Dex can be pretty easy to find on Amulets. Gloves get it a lot too. Gloves are a good piece to craft attributes on as well as Helmets are great for unique mods and boots for movement speed. Another thing you can do is make your 6 link RF-Burning Damage-Elemental Focus-Efficacy-Concentrated Effect-Increased AoE. You'd lose about 6 units of AoE but you'd have good damage still. You wouldn't have to worry about Dex then.

Does that help?
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
"
Splutty wrote:

You could use a Essence Worm Unset ring to run Malevolence in the socket for free too!
That's a really good idea! I loaded my current RF guy into PoB and put in your idea. I went from 6900 life to 4800. I lost the small amount of Damage Malevolence gives...but of course you'd NEVER have a "mana" problem. That's a really great idea as long as you're living! Let us know how it goes if you pursue it! And if you get that ring too.

Love this stuff.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Jun 20, 2019, 10:52:19 PM
"
"
Craigoth99 wrote:
I was going through another thread for a RF marauder and in the notes is stated

"Make sure that none of your items have added fire damage to attacks/spells on em."

but does not state why. Could someone explain this please.

Also I am currently level 68 on the character I posted with. My gear is not ideal yet. I have not done any crafting or looking for items to purchase.

At this level if I zone into a map and turn RF on, should my life not drop or will I have to rely on leech while in combat?

As for why they stated not to have added fire damage is there build has EE (Elemental Equilibrium) and by doing fire dmg will cause it to not work in there favor. This build we don't use EE on the passive tree since we are using Holy Flame Totem.

On the other question I will copy and paste what is in the build notes.

In case you didn't notice, RF can't be sustained right away. To sustain it as soon as possible without needing any gear (except links) try the following:

- Select all the nodes as they come. Get all the south nodes first, then work your way up. Don't skip any.
- Equip and start leveling your Stone Golem as soon as it's available.
- Equip and start leveling your Purity of Fire as soon as it's available.
- Equip and start leveling your Holy Relic as soon as it's available.
- Use the multiple methods the build uses to fight on Consecrated Ground.
- By the time you kill Arakaali (the Spider Boss in Act 7) you can select the Pantheon option that unlocks (Soul of Arakaali). Have that and the minor God, Soul of Abberath selected.
- Doing the first two Ascendancies wouldn't hurt.
- Get those Endurance charges up :).

You can sustain RF with gear in other ways of course, I just thought you'd like to know the soonest you can run RF no matter your gear.

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have started using the stone golem more. Even better I found "Clayshaper, Rock Breaker weapon in my stash which grants a level 12 stone golem and also allows for 2 golems.

Instead of the Purity of Fire, I am using the Purity of Elements which helps all of my elemental resists. Plus my fire resistance is at 77% after the penalty
I’m thinking about respecing from tectonic to this. How’s the survivability and clear speed with Legion encounters? I’m not looking for a zoom zoom build since that kind of gameplay gives me a headache quickly, but I’m trying to find a decently tanky build with good DPS without spending dozens of exalts.
"
"
"
Splutty wrote:

You could use a Essence Worm Unset ring to run Malevolence in the socket for free too!
That's a really good idea! I loaded my current RF guy into PoB and put in your idea. I went from 6900 life to 4800. I lost the small amount of Damage Malevolence gives...but of course you'd NEVER have a "mana" problem. That's a really great idea as long as you're living! Let us know how it goes if you pursue it! And if you get that ring too.

Love this stuff.

My main idea behind all this was that you can basically keep up everything linked to your attack skill indefinitely, and you don't have to worry about running out of mana from summoning totems at all.

So my playstyle changed a lot for generic play. I now turn on RF the moment I have any endurance charges, and plop down 2 totems near any mobs and move there, and just plop down 2 more further along, move, plop, move, and I never run out of mana, don't have to wait for anything, and basically just hop through everything.

So far not giving me a headache either, so it seems to work!

Edit: As an aside: RF + Vaal RF + Vaal Cyclone looks hilarious :D Everything gets sucked into a vortex of fire :D

Another Edit:

Why do you take that route? Why not go through the middle and get more elemental damage and 12% resistances for 1 extra point, instead of 20 str?
Last edited by Splutty on Jun 21, 2019, 5:02:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info