Cyclone

"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Cyclone spins at your attack speed, and deals damage twice per spin - so deals double DPS compared to the regular attack.

Cyclone, like almost all weapon skills, alternates weapons when dual wielding. So each weapon will hit once per spin.

ok what i would like to know is lets say you have fire on one weapon and cold damg on the other, with the alternating of weapons will elemental equilibrium work with this? cause if it does then i see this as being a very cool templar DW build
is it intended to not let us hold shift down and spin in place? some areas are harder to navigate than other and it makes it somewhat hard to get the most out of your aoe if you have to pass over mob packs back and forth.

I really enjoy the skill though i will look into getting a increased conc gem soon. I currently use faster attacks, melee physical, and life on hit. I will be testing it with my increased crit damage supports too as I have over 600% crit damage and over 25% crit chance when gemmed.
"
VoxelSquid wrote:
I think people are misunderstanding the benefit of dual wielding. In PoE, dual wielding is not supposed to double your dps, instead it gives you 10% More Attack Speed and 15% Block Chance. With cyclone, the increased att speed means that you spin faster and hit more often per cast. Unlike most other skills where the faster you attack, the quicker you drain your mana, att speed with cyclone increases your damage output without increasing mana expenditure. This is why cyclone is actually awesome for dual wield/high att speed.

I made a thrad about DW that noone responded to, maybe I will bump it.

Staff gives you a chance to block and does way more than 10% more damage than any 1H weapon; I know there are other advantages to attack speed and I won't say that DW is completely broken, but it is a bit weak compared to 2H or 1H+shield setups; the one thing DW has going for it is Dual Strike which is awesome, but the rest is pretty meh.

WB has 80% damage effectiveness; striking twice at 35% damage effect is not so great.

The fact that it is classed as AoE and can be supported as such is definitely a plus though; I also like that it pulses based on weapon attack speed which is more than can be said of WB.

Given the poor AI which tends to wander and the fact that Cyclone may work better with high mana support gems is cause for optimism - I am definitely going to try it a lot and see if I can make it work.
Even with increased radius gem, I barely hit mobs that I walk on top of with it. T.T
Tried it. Love it, imagine DW axe\swords with Twin razors\Moligaro etc, stacked crit chance and crit dmg. A bit weird with the point destination part thou.... not like hold mouse 2 and spin2win...
Most awesome part is than u don't get hit by any melee mobs while spinning cause if u go fast enough their attack animation is too slow, then they chase u and get hit all the time while chasing. Also ur not a stationary target so u evade some projectiles as well.
IGN: Seze
"
The fact that this skill makes movement speed a bad thing is absolutely retarded.

yeahe, would be way better if the skill just follow your mouse curser and cost XX Mana/sec And stops instantly if you stop pressing the button
IGN: kReiZy
"
SmellyBadge wrote:

Problem is... I will never get loot again in public games. I dont seem to be able to loot while i spin, and I cant stop the spin. In the 5 Docks runs i made, i lost about 9 of 10 yellow drops that hat my name. and I usually only lose like 1 out of 100.

Just another reason to change the outdated loot system in the game.
"
banezilla wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Cyclone spins at your attack speed, and deals damage twice per spin - so deals double DPS compared to the regular attack.

Cyclone, like almost all weapon skills, alternates weapons when dual wielding. So each weapon will hit once per spin.

ok what i would like to know is lets say you have fire on one weapon and cold damg on the other, with the alternating of weapons will elemental equilibrium work with this? cause if it does then i see this as being a very cool templar DW build

This could be significant, actually. You can't use WB like this because unlike most skills WB chooses a weapon at random rather than alternating.
"
_Seze_ wrote:
Tried it. Love it, imagine DW axe\swords with Twin razors\Moligaro etc, stacked crit chance and crit dmg. A bit weird with the point destination part thou.... not like hold mouse 2 and spin2win...
Most awesome part is than u don't get hit by any melee mobs while spinning cause if u go fast enough their attack animation is too slow, then they chase u and get hit all the time while chasing. Also ur not a stationary target so u evade some projectiles as well.

Are you re- I hope that's b8
I wish it didn't have the movement portion, I think I'd be a lot more useable if you just held right click and spun in place.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info