Cyclone

"
pneuma wrote:

High aspd is definitely the way to go for Cyclone, since the mana cost doesn't increase with aspd like all the other attacks in the game.

This.

Still patching, so excited to try it on one of my high attack speed characters.
I was expecting as much (or as little I should say).

For dagger/claw/sword users how is it not better to just Whirling Blades? Higher damage effectiveness and you move so much faster you can go back and forth and do twice the damage. Immune to stun and knockback while moving sounds nice, but isnt that already the case with WB too, it's not like the pause at the end of WB is a problem with high attack speed.

I will try to make it work anyway and hope they clue in and give it a buff later like they did with Incinerate.
"
Maybe wrote:
Well this was disappointing ; no real incentive to use dual weild,specially dagger/claw and with the 35% effectiveness is either 2h physical or 1h+shield elemental in other words meele still blows

What does having "no real incentive to use dual weild[sic]" to do with "melee still blows"?

Also, since high attack speed is better for this skill you'll still benefit from the increase in attack speed you get from dual-wielding and dual-wielding passives, not to mention the stats on the second weapon such as crit/LGoH/life leech.

"
Fillmore wrote:
I was expecting as much (or as little I should say).

For dagger/claw/sword users how is it not better to just Whirling Blades? Higher damage effectiveness and you move so much faster you can go back and forth and do twice the damage. Immune to stun and knockback while moving sounds nice, but isnt that already the case with WB too, it's not like the pause at the end of WB is a problem with high attack speed.

Whirling Blades hits only once per cast, this will hit many, many more times, and you don't lose more mana from stacking attack speed insanely.
Last edited by redrach on Mar 12, 2013, 8:22:29 PM
meh. I like it. Neat little skill. just solo'd a lvl 66 map with it. Just took a while :)
the skill has some kind of minimum travel distance which is relative far i guess about 20% of the screen, i could not manage to spin without moving(on place or shortening the minimum travel distance, i would not use it over other aoe skill in this state the controls are to unpredictable/imprecise for me :D
Last edited by stardustjenny on Mar 12, 2013, 8:36:35 PM
Any idea what the quality does?
ign:SerCleavy
+1% aoe per q
and 4 physical 2ias per level
I have one question : Is that possible to block (shield or dual wield) while spinning ?
I think people are misunderstanding the benefit of dual wielding. In PoE, dual wielding is not supposed to double your dps, instead it gives you 10% More Attack Speed and 15% Block Chance. With cyclone, the increased att speed means that you spin faster and hit more often per cast. Unlike most other skills where the faster you attack, the quicker you drain your mana, att speed with cyclone increases your damage output without increasing mana expenditure. This is why cyclone is actually awesome for dual wield/high att speed.
Alteration Orb Union Local #7
"Holding the line, on sixteen to one!"
Last edited by VoxelSquid on Mar 12, 2013, 8:42:52 PM
"
Nvar wrote:
35% DMG effectivness :O

But it doubles your attack speed.

Think of this skill as an AoE version of Double Strike. To compensate, it does only half as much damage to a single target as Double Strike, which means that if you are attacking more than 1 enemy, Whirlwind is as effective or better than a single enemy.

Double Strike - 0.7 Damage effectiveness, 2 hits per attack
Cyclone - 0.35 Damage effectiveness, 2 hits per attack to enemies in range

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info