Cyclone

Cyclone cannot target enemies. It's a side-effect of that feature.
Would it be possible to change the crit calculation for cyclone?

Today it works like this: You target a location across the screen and cyclone through a pack of enemies. You either crit all of them (if you hit), or you crit non of them. This is because the crit calculation is done when you initiate the cyclone (it basically counts a 1 attack, and 1 attack either crits or it does not)

It would be beneficial if the crit or not crit calculation was per hit (or revolution, so per every two hits).

I bring it up becuase when I play CoC cyclone and make a "mistake", I usually just plain die.
The "mistake" being that I attack a point far away from my character and I end up cycloning through a hugh pack of mobs. Non of the hits result in a crit, and no Cast on crit events occour (no damage = no leech = death). And since the attack is unstoppable, I can just watch as I cyclone to death.

Usually I play with Cyclone bound to Q, and then I hover the mouse just outside my character while I hold Q - Direction is then changed by rotation the pointer around my character.

This produces a lot of attacks, that in turn all roll for crit or no crit, resulting in a steady stream of crits.

(Crit on my cyclone is ~72% without power charges and ~88% with).
Still sane exile?
GGG i requested here an information about weapon range in 2.0. Hey lazy GGG, this info is CORE for cyclone gem and u told me (who wanna check , plz send mail to GGG and ask about weapon info) its top secret!!! 3 years ago u need to post this near weapon dmg on ur site, but u dont do this till 2.0, is this reticent stat changes from patch to patch? Idiotic animation of cyclone dont show real range of skill(look at D2 wirlwind more Chris next time). 2.0 AOE in gems changes , we got weapon range jewel and aoe jewel, we got new maraketh weapons and u dont post Range table!!! WTF I think all who use this gem wanna know why u dont show this info to community. So, got balls GGG and post here table or post why this info is so secret.
100lvl mele pvp QUIT
"
Jedi_blr wrote:
GGG i requested here an information about weapon range in 2.0. Hey lazy GGG, this info is CORE for cyclone gem and u told me (who wanna check , plz send mail to GGG and ask about weapon info) its top secret!!! 3 years ago u need to post this near weapon dmg on ur site, but u dont do this till 2.0, is this reticent stat changes from patch to patch? Idiotic animation of cyclone dont show real range of skill(look at D2 wirlwind more Chris next time). 2.0 AOE in gems changes , we got weapon range jewel and aoe jewel, we got new maraketh weapons and u dont post Range table!!! WTF I think all who use this gem wanna know why u dont show this info to community. So, got balls GGG and post here table or post why this info is so secret.
i already answered in this thread and the spectral throw thread... here is the dev's response WELL before your asking. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11707/page/226#p5041495
edit: could use an update for newer skills not listed however. patch notes lists any other valid changes.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Aug 1, 2015, 4:23:55 AM
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
Jedi_blr wrote:
i already answered in this thread and the spectral throw thread... here is the dev's response WELL before your asking. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11707/page/226#p5041495
edit: could use an update for newer skills not listed however. patch notes lists any other valid changes.

Carl, did you read my post, ahh? Did u see date of Mark post? U think i never see this table? Next time be smarter fanboy.
100lvl mele pvp QUIT
but cyclone in specific hasn't changed in range... when i muttered patch notes that was for other skills because yes the date is different and i even said how it's missing the new skills lol.

weapon ranges never changed so far so cyclone uses weapon range for its BASE AoE size. this information IS listed on the forum post.

doubt it counts as a fanboy if i can barely play nowdays =p
I came here to say that after years of playing ARPGs, current state of Cyclone in conjunction with Lockstep is the most fun I've had in years. It works well, feels great and is very viable.

Please fix/improve the other skills, no need to nerf it to the ground at the end of the league.

Thanks!
Last edited by Zoxjib on Aug 1, 2015, 6:11:54 PM
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
but cyclone in specific hasn't changed in range... when i muttered patch notes that was for other skills because yes the date is different and i even said how it's missing the new skills lol.

weapon ranges never changed so far so cyclone uses weapon range for its BASE AoE size. this information IS listed on the forum post.

doubt it counts as a fanboy if i can barely play nowdays =p

Yep i see , but i need GGG confirmation and i got it(mail). Range of weapon dont changes in 2.0...
100lvl mele pvp QUIT
"
I came here to say that after years of playing ARPGs, current state of Cyclone in conjunction with Lockstep is the most fun I've had in years. It works well, feels great and is very viable.

Please fix/improve the other skills, no need to nerf it to the ground at the end of the league.

Thanks!

I completely agree with this. Cyclone is popular because it's viable and fun, not because it's overpowered. The state of other melee abilities is just extremely poor at the moment.

I believe most melee abilities should some aspect of survivability as we are forced to face tank monsters. It is simply not fair that ranged builds are safer, cheaper, and output more damage. Not to mention the extreme gear-dependency melee requires to be viable end-game.

Ice Crash was a step in the right direction as the chill-portion of the ability offers an inherit defense while still outputting solid damage. By revisiting existing abilities and adding small defensive tweaks, such as a small life leech component to Cleave for example, would give these bland abilities more of a unique identity in PoE.

In any event, I'm currently having more fun with Cyclone than I've ever had in PoE. I finally feel on-par with casters and I am loving it. Thanks for the great expansion GGG. Please don't nerf cyclone.
in chris we trust <3
Cyclone feels awesome paired with lockstep.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info