Legion Patch Notes, Item Filter and Passive Tree Information

Omg. Poor Occultist.
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
[Removed by Support] Is your only solution to "balance" is nerfing the actual fun to play powerful builds? How about you make the rest of the skills and builds just as powerful so that people can still have fun but also have choices? [Removed by Support] Just nerf that single fun to play build each time as a solution. So that the players have no control over how they really play. They then instead have to resort to catering to whatever updates or changes the devs decided would appeal to a different build. No determinism in how you play whatsoever in terms of a build, you can spend hundreds of chaos and ex worth on trying to have fun in the game, but what's the point, [Removed by Support]

"
YKMN85 wrote:
^THIS!

[Removed by Support], idk where to start.
If you enjoy playing a specific build, you will be able to play that build every single league and clear all the content with it. Just stop whining about useless stuff like this, and understand that by introducing variety and large balance changes, GGG keeps the game fresh for the majority of the people.
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Jun 5, 2019, 6:11:35 AM
I am much positive about the changes now that I actually read the Patch Notes, as compared to what I read in the Balance Manifesto, most changes/tweaks/"adjustments" are quite reasonable and not that dramatic.

But the termination of Occultist/ES hurts quite a bit. I don't think it was really needed. You've nerfed ES on tree, you've nerfed ES on itmes, there are no more crazy Synthesis items in the new league, why destroying the whole Occultist ES theme then?
coooooooooooool
"
shahdid wrote:
Wicked Ward has been removed.
Vile Bastion: No longer requires any Ascendancy notables. It now grants 1% energy shield regeneration per second for each enemy you or your minions have killed recently, up to 10% (from a maximum of 30%). No longer grants +150 to maximum energy shield.
Each of the small passives on the Occultist Ascendancy tree now grant 6% increased energy shield (from 8%).

Oh yeah, remove Wicked Ward from ascendancy, place it in the tree and give it a downside AND THEN not give Occultist anything in return. But ALSO nerf Vile Bastion by 60%? You guys can't be serious. -.-

Just once I'd like to see the person who made this call actually play the game, create an Occultist and go "yeah, this feels good to play and not underwhelming at all now".

No, just no. Go to hell. I'm out, not putting my money into this anymore. Good luck in your future endeavors. :(
I mean... maybe if they wanted to make the Occultist more "curse/hex" themed it would be alright, but they would have had to put in lots of curse-related defensive buffs to make up for the absolute annihilation of any energy shield at all... kind of like the Malediction notable, but add a property similar to that for most of the Occultist notables as well.

But this? This is just silly feeling. I'll try it, maybe in standard so I can just respec into it and see if it's even worth playing still. Who knows...

EDIT: Maybe if the Malediction effect could stack for each separate curse an enemy had, helping with Damage mitigation somehow, removing the "add additional curse" property from that and putting it into a different Occultist Notable to make up for the missing/nerfed Wicked/Vile nodes.
Last edited by SpeedyParticles on Jun 5, 2019, 9:58:12 AM
Wait...no unique items information? (for Path of Building and other tools)

"
Phylaia wrote:
[
If you enjoy playing a specific build, you will be able to play that build every single league and clear all the content with it. Just stop whining about useless stuff like this, and understand that by introducing variety and large balance changes, GGG keeps the game fresh for the majority of the people.

WEAK stretch : if you ENJOY something in form [A] then knocking it down to form [G] via nerfs would NOT be the [A] that you enjoyed...you'd be STUPID to enjoy someone shitting in your favorite dish just because SOME of the dish remains...

This is that blatant STUPID, BLIND fanboy asskissing that goes around the forums that needs to be stamped the hell out.
Last edited by LeetbakaDX on Jun 5, 2019, 10:19:06 AM
"
Summon Phantasm on Kill Support/Summon Phantasm Support

Renamed to Summon Phantasm Support.

This filter informations posts should ALWAYS include such informations.

You shouldnt have to go to patch note and search "renamed" to make sure.
"
shahdid wrote:
Wicked Ward has been removed.
Vile Bastion: No longer requires any Ascendancy notables. It now grants 1% energy shield regeneration per second for each enemy you or your minions have killed recently, up to 10% (from a maximum of 30%). No longer grants +150 to maximum energy shield.
Each of the small passives on the Occultist Ascendancy tree now grant 6% increased energy shield (from 8%).

Oh yeah, remove Wicked Ward from ascendancy, place it in the tree and give it a downside AND THEN not give Occultist anything in return. But ALSO nerf Vile Bastion by 60%? You guys can't be serious. -.-

Just once I'd like to see the person who made this call actually play the game, create an Occultist and go "yeah, this feels good to play and not underwhelming at all now".

No, just no. Go to hell. I'm out, not putting my money into this anymore. Good luck in your future endeavors. :(

Very well said!I am a supported for almost 6 Years,and i am out too!Had enough of nerfing,done by people who do not care,just want money!Just can't keep scrapping characters i have invested so much time in!
So, no changes in names of the affixes of dmg tier's? I see
It this a long time since my first exile. Might be time to be exiled once more.
Gamer 4 Life. ARPG is one of those lives. Come hang out with me on Twitch.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info