Balance in Path of Exile: Legion

Ouch. That's a lot of hard nerfs everywhere with barely anything to compensate it.
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.
Thanks for the aurabot nerf, hated playing with my friends anyway.. RIP fun party play
Expected some nerfs as per usual each league, but looks like they went overboard this time. Thinking about skipping this league, depends what else is in the patch notes.
For some reason I only play Hardcore SSF, I cannot play SC as I am just not motivated to. When a league ends, my characters get moved and I rarely or never touch them again. I make a new character in the new HC SSF league. I don't watch ladders or race or anything like that. I actually go for builds that can succeed using picked up gear. I really only use basic hideout enchants and lab skulls. I've never even had a 6-link, ever (I don't play all that much I guess). It's fun for me this way.

This cycle of nerfs, buffs and "balance" seems to be focused on hyper optimized builds that I could never get anywhere close to as I will never see the gear. When I die, that's it, I need to roll a new character.

With this round of nerfs and a seemingly general move to lower defenses and increase risk, it seems like GGG doesn't want my preferred style of play to be viable at all.

Apparently, I'm supposed to go melee, but I won't. Melee is absolutely uninteresting to me, I can't even really say exactly why. I don't want to try it, I don't want to be convinced to try it. Same goes for Softcore and trade leagues, I just won't play that way and I don't want to.

It looks like one shot deaths will be significantly increased from now on. That will pretty much drain enough of the enjoyment of the game for me to wander off to find something else. That's not a threat, people come and go all the time. I'm sort of unhappy about GGG removing the fun factor (for me at least) because someone was able to get 1,000,000 ES or cleared a map in 10 seconds or whatever.

I guess I've been balanced right out of the game.
[Removed by Support] changing immortal call completely and you basically killed energy shield builds with like a triple nerf. killing the fun build like herald of agony that probably will never be used now. [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Scott_GGG on Jun 4, 2019, 11:31:43 PM
"
Iskandur wrote:
For some reason I only play Hardcore SSF, I cannot play SC as I am just not motivated to. When a league ends, my characters get moved and I rarely or never touch them again. I make a new character in the new HC SSF league. I don't watch ladders or race or anything like that. I actually go for builds that can succeed using picked up gear. I really only use basic hideout enchants and lab skulls. I've never even had a 6-link, ever (I don't play all that much I guess). It's fun for me this way.

This cycle of nerfs, buffs and "balance" seems to be focused on hyper optimized builds that I could never get anywhere close to as I will never see the gear. When I die, that's it, I need to roll a new character.

With this round of nerfs and a seemingly general move to lower defenses and increase risk, it seems like GGG doesn't want my preferred style of play to be viable at all.

Apparently, I'm supposed to go melee, but I won't. Melee is absolutely uninteresting to me, I can't even really say exactly why. I don't want to try it, I don't want to be convinced to try it. Same goes for Softcore and trade leagues, I just won't play that way and I don't want to.

It looks like one shot deaths will be significantly increased from now on. That will pretty much drain enough of the enjoyment of the game for me to wander off to find something else. That's not a threat, people come and go all the time. I'm sort of unhappy about GGG removing the fun factor (for me at least) because someone was able to get 1,000,000 ES or cleared a map in 10 seconds or whatever.

Why are you concluding that all spellcasters are no longer HC viable, before you see the patch notes and see the numbers that things are nerfed by?
"
Wuffell wrote:
"
Iskandur wrote:

Why are you concluding that all spellcasters are no longer HC viable, before you see the patch notes and see the numbers that things are nerfed by?

People just complaining en masse because they see other people crying about shit. Spellcasters are still gonna be OP because no Herald of Ice nerfs. Aside from that, spells are already WAY OP and even after the nerfs, they'll still be better mechanically than most melee. [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Jun 5, 2019, 12:26:40 AM
Man... EO nerf, Beacon nerf... they really want to break Elementalist's neck it seems.

I seriously don't get why they always and so frequently make so many huge changes.

I mean, I understand they want to spice it up, but IMO it's just too much. And why do they always have to make certain skills/builds more attractive by nerfing other stuff to shit? I wish they would simply buff the stuff they want to make more attractive and live with the fact that some people might still want to play something else than what they want to prescribe. Can't a man simply have fun with this game?

After every single league my chars are broken more or less. There's literally zero point to keep them and play them in Standard later, because of this. And I'd really like to keep playing some of them there. It sucks.
What´s going on here? :-O

Kids, just wait until the patch notes are out, I´m sure there will still be a lot of viable builds. Looking forward to melee builds this league. ;-)

Don´t cry when "your" build is maybe broken with 3.7, PoE is all about new meta(s) every league, accept it or take a look at an actual hack&slay from Blizzard, there are huge buffs every season... I don´t want this ridiculous numers in PoE to be honest.
Große deutsche Community mit TS, Forum und Infos gesucht? -> http://www.exiled.eu/
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

Warlord’s Mark now only applies its leech bonus to attacks. The curse easily solved mana problems for casters with minimal investment, and after deliberation we've decided that solving mana problems for spellcasters should require more thought and a greater opportunity cost.

... Wow.

Why aren't you making Assassin's Mark's life and mana on kill effect spell-only as well? Two out of three Marks are now attack-only, it's only fair that the third be spell-only.

Actually, if you really wanted to be "fair" then Poacher's Mark would only work with ranged attacks, Warlord's Mark would only work with melee attacks, and Assassin's Mark would only work with spells. I could live with that even if it meant I'd use Assassin's Mark even less than I do now.

Without something like that in place to (re)define these skills and their roles this change just feels like a bad, "We couldn't think of anything else to fix the situation so we'll just use a hammer even though the problem is a screw, not a nail" decision.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info