Legion Challenge Rewards

"
philosoaper wrote:
I'm just glad I don't like the look of them because then I can ignore the league challenges instead of feeling a lot of pressure I must do the ever increasingly cancerous challenges.. and this lets me have fun playing Path of Exile instead of feeling just stress and anxiety over feeling I HAVE to do them.. which just makes me resent and hate Path of Exile and the entire team at GGG..
Thankyou!

Am I the only one who reads posts like this and wants to push a button to send some medical help to this person? No way any mentaly healthy person gets upset so fucking much about disliking fre stuff into total loss of realization of reality.

I mean u really have to TRY to not get 12 challenges done if you play a league at all. Like 8 or so are often basically or literally done by the campain. 24 is always doable without "increasingly cancerous" challenges at all.

Maybe GGG should take pity on the poor guy and give him a forced break for a league. Doesnt seem healthy for him to sit at a pc.

"
Albosky wrote:
3 rewards for 12 24 36 look great , the totem is getting stale

Pretty sure this wont ever change and it should never change. There is a decent chunk of people who love to collect them and have a big showcase of them in their HO. You can think of that whatever you want, I can assure you nobody gives a fuck about your personal feeling about that anyways.
GGG pretty sure would rather add something new to rewards then to take the totems away and why whould they? The only work it takes is to change the little banners. Thats what, 2 min for the assistant of the assistant of the assistant janitors son doing it during lunch break?

"
Grizllyy wrote:
"
boyax031 wrote:
"
Grizllyy wrote:
Helmet, aura, wings again...?

ya, what do you expect?

I expected a bit different. There's tons of slots they never give rewards for. Weapon skins, armour skins, heralds for example.

Since we get a weapon effect in literall EVERY supporterpack, how about no fucking thanks?!
Herald would be nice in theory, but I doubt they want to do that. Herald mtx is something used so univerally, I would bet it is on the highest side of sold mtx. Sucks but in the end ggg has to make money and we still get decent stuff for free.

Armor Skins would be a terrible idea btw. You either make them boring as fuck or so special you cannot fit good options to round out the combo. They can do more cooler stuff ( like the helmet now) that still fits with alot of random armors then the other way around.

Isnt 36 basically always Portal or Backattachment? I remember the random pet in Propehcy, which was a garbage reward for 36.

"
Eroc2698 wrote:
So this looks like total shit.. But don't worry guys, GGG will release a bad ass MTX set next week for 45 dollars. Totally not worth it to do achievements. Why not give us the portals for 36 instead of another season of garbage wings?

Come on ggg, stop pinching your wallets so tight. You bleed us dry enough through supporter packs. Reward your community.

I would suggest to leave the house sometimes, your own little echo chamber starts to hurt your judgment.
If we get wings, some people cry for portal. If we get a portal, some will scream for literally a old penny and everythhing else aswell.

And "totaly shit" is your subjective opinion and nothing else. I mean .... some people seem to dislike the style of wings, but at least the aura reward seems mostly liked, so hardly SUCH a bad job done.
helmet looks the best IMO.

would never use that aura, and the wings are....eh
Definitely like the aura most!
Amazing.
Good thing I only like the aura, it makes it easier to stop at 24 and ignore the rest of the challenges if I feel like they're way too RNG.
Like I have said for a few leagues in a row. GGG should put up a poll that you need to sign in to answer, and allow the community to pick between the challenge rewards. Let us pick which 3 slots for the next league, and then which ones you will earn for completing 12, 24 and 36 challenges. If GGG would do this I feel there would be a lot less disappointment felt by their customers, and more would be excited for the new league. I mean helmets alone get WAY too much attention for a challenge reward as I feel these are rarely used. If GGG could poll which reward items get the most usage, then that could be a fair starting point on which ones get the final love to be made into the rewards. Like others have said to look back over the past leagues to select something brand new each time. Portals were over used, helmets definitely are, footprints were too though not been picked for a while. Many would like a few armour set again. I feel many of us would like to get boots and gloves for 12, chest and helm for 24, and wings and aura/etc. for 36. Something along these lines. I'd definitely play more if each challenge reward was a little more than 1 piece I may or may not ever use. This current Synthesis league I really enjoyed all the rewards as I was lucky enough to find the Master Soulstealer Supporter pack worthwhile to purchase before with it's intricate design. Now I have another very unique armour setup like with the Golden Seraph armour setup. The full setup looks very nice altogether. Earning the rewards than to purchase also feels WAY better. If the rewards suited the current supporter pack for that league you might find more interested to get all 36. After saying that I honestly haven't liked any supporter pack artwork since the Master Soulstealer one. Just not 100% my style. The aura for 24 is pretty neat as this was only done 1 time before during Betrayal league. Wings and Helm are a bit overdone, and feel could be skipped as solo rewards unless part of a full amour setup. I always like to pay PoE as a way to relax after work, so I will try to work towards earning the full 3 rewards if the challenges/league are decent to play. Legacy league has been the only one in a while I haven't worked for all 3 rewards, and stopped after 2. The portal was very cool, however the challenges I felt were too involved on each for me to push through the RNG. Perandus league was one of my favorites, however feelsbadman to only get 39 out of 40 as the RNG factor to get the aura enchant was heavily against me after I felt was too many runs to fulfill the last portion of that challenge. All in all I think giving the community a voice would better suite GGG in the long run both in player retention, and community support both financial and overall with feedback, etc.

Good luck to everyone this next league, and welcome to the South Korean players.

(side note: hope we get a trade system update.)
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE̎̑͆̏
Last edited by Snapfire on Jun 3, 2019, 12:22:13 AM
Why not make it a Character effect instead of an Aura effect so we can use it even without an aura skill? It has 2 types of "character" effects already; purple effect/glow & small crystals rotating around the body, & a giant circle crystals encompassing the character. So combining this & with other character effect will already make it convoluted. It make more sense to be a Character effect than an Aura effect.
"A game IS supposed to waste your time but it's not supposed to make you FEEL like you're wasting your time:
It's supposed to make you WANT to waste your time."
I don't like any of them. I am not a fan of any of the effects that don't look like a substantial material thing. Floating lights and transparent crystal things are just not the right look for the game.

I really wish nothing like that had ever been added.

Those effects should only appear momentarily as skill effects, not as persistent floating neon pylons.

I thought the vision behind this game was 'dark and gritty'. Who did they add to the team who ruined it?

Bleh.
Last edited by Qiox on Jun 3, 2019, 12:35:26 AM
Meh I wanted a weapon effect
Kind of tired to get the same stuff over and over again....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info