Legion Challenge Rewards

Why not? a mtx is a mtx :)
I miss the times when the challenge reward was a complete armor set.
"
FexBR wrote:
Wings again.

Atleast these wings seem to go high , so they will cover the back of the helmet while leaving the back of the armor exposed.

There arent many designed like this soo i am a bit hyped to push for 36 this league.

I feel helm , aura , wings a good insentive to push compared to getting a pet like other leagues.
Aura is pretty cool, and like the helm. Wings are pretty awkward looking (in the same way that all of the "floating" backs are still stuck stiffly to your character frame somehow).
Oh damn that aura! This might be the very first league that I will try to get 24 done~
Nice, i like it.
Wings are meh
Another weird floating wings, this time purple. Welp, aura looks cool.
Overall that's a solid set of challenge rewards. Chris was right on Baeclast... they are good ones.

Kinda annoying that it's the same combo of helmet, char effect and wings AGAIN, but yeah i guess it's hard to give out armor pieces as rewards when there's only 3 mtx and 4 armor slots. Didn't they give out 4 mtx per league back in the day at 9, 18, 27 and 36 or smth?

I think the char effect is beastlier than the wings, so they should have been swapped... but then again WAY more people will get to 24 than to 36, so it's actually good to have that at 24 so it incentivzes people to push more because they feel like they can actually get to 24.

These 3 are much preferred imo than portals and pets, because you can actually display your challs on your character. You can't really display portals to others and pets are lame. Please don't add any pets as mtx rewards from leagues.

Solid!
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Last edited by Paldamus on Jun 3, 2019, 11:28:45 AM
Pretty simple, they do the same slots because then you don't get complete sets from challenge rewards (this obviously didn't work in talisman). Cosmetics are their monetization, giving people full sets discourages buying them. Challenges are goodwill towards the player base, a way of generating free cosmetics for dedicated players.

Advice for anyone saying they feel forced to do these for the MTX. Go on the shop and find an armor set you really want. Set aside $30 and set a personal goal. Example: I will buy the dragon hunter armor pack for the first headhunter I get this league. Then you don't have to worry about the challenges but still have a goal.

Dedicated fan boy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info