Synthesis Ascendancy Class Statistics

I generally dislike writing negative posts but I have to say that it's getting really boring to see all melee oriented ascendacy scarpe the bottom of every statistical chart. Caster builds really don't need more buffs than they already have, give the melee dudes some lovin' dammit!! Give me my poor gladiator dude back </3
Jugg here. Facetank forever.
Trickster is amazing. You don't make something like that and then nerf it, you gotta bring everybody else up to that level
Well 3.6.0 was a caster focused expansion, so it's no wonder that witch and it's ascendancies are at the top, along with some templar/shadow.
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Last edited by Paldamus on May 29, 2019, 11:47:45 AM
"
Paldamus wrote:
Well 3.6.0 was a caster focused expansion, so it's no wonder that witch and it's ascendancies are at the top, along with some templar/shadow.

The difference there is that already-popular classes were buffed: even without the buffs those builds would have been on top - the buffs just made some people who played those builds stronger.

From my point of view 3.6 wasn't a buff but a nerf to casters: I played two arc witches, one in Synthesis and one in Flashback, and they both seem a whole lot weaker than the exact same build in 3.5. I did know in advance that arc was being nerfed, but I guess I was just too stubborn and chose to stick with my trusty class in spite of that, under the justification that it was the caster league.

If sticking with a caster in caster-league felt unsatisfying, changing to a melee class for melee league is likely to go wrong in exactly the same way. I have a pre-existing RF Chieftain who'll be in Standard when Legion launches: if he's not instantly better than he was in 3.6, I'll probably just disregard the whole melee angle and just roll another arc witch.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info