[3.7] Rake's Tectonic Slam Equipment Guide - from League Start to Endgame

"
LesserForms wrote:
"
godhand456 wrote:
stupid question but why do we need a lvl 3 enlighten? hatred is 50% mana reserved, herald of purity is 25% and blood and sand is 10%. so thats only 85% reserved so we still have 15% to work with. is 15% not enough to cast a 6link tect slam or something?

can anyone clarify this? what am i missing?

Optimal dmg setup is Hatred + herald + blood and sand + precision (lvl1) + War banner. will reserve a fair amount of mana :) That's why Rake suggest Enlighten lvl 3-4

interesting. i dont see precision or war banner recommendation anywhere in the guide nor are they in the PoB. in fact, the OP was concerned about the lack of gem slots already so i dunno where we would even fit in precision/war banner.
"
claudio997 wrote:
how well does this build clear legions? better than slayer cyclone?

Nothing is going to clear legion better than cyclone (esp Berserker) if you're using impale this league, it's the Winter Orb or Arc Traps/Totems of this league, broken by orders of magnitude compared to every other skill. You can use white weapons and break 1mil DPS because of how strong impale stacking is when combined with the crazy attack rate of cyclone.

There's a reason 50% of characters above 90 this league are playing cyclone, it's this leagues build that clears all content in <1s with little to no gear and skill investment.
Last edited by BigBlappa on Jun 24, 2019, 7:43:08 PM
What about Cinderswallow_Urn ?
---
Great guide having a blast building the spec.
Last edited by Morgrish on Jun 24, 2019, 8:01:19 PM
I need a little bit of help guys. For some reason my char doesn't do as much damage as i thought it would deal. I bought some strong foils but still don't get the result i thought i would get. Any ideas what i can improve to get my damage up?

Here is my PoB if someone can check it- https://pastebin.com/7cxcg9uf
im not sure why Close combat doesn't show its damage increase so i just put ruthless to see approximately how much it gives
Finally beat uber elder with a melee char

Dunno why people call this build mediocre or w/e.

I can rush through maps in 2 to 3 minutes and do basically everything. (Except reflect maps)

Nothing except my selfcraft weapons are expensive, which are not that good. It may be a little bit squishy at times but there are other builds out there that get wombo'd by legion mobs as well.
I managed to git gud against legion. Not dying there as often as i used to.

I like this build, my first melee which i played until full endgame. I am happy that i did, got a lot of xp on the playstyle of melee chars, since i am mostly a necro player, i started at zero.

Thank you for this guide.

It was a pleasure.
Last edited by Larzerus on Jun 24, 2019, 6:58:59 PM
"
didko1000 wrote:
im not sure why Close combat doesn't show its damage increase so i just put ruthless to see approximately how much it gives

Close combat is unreliable anyways, therefore i would swap it out with Conc. effect or Pulverize (although not being a fan of the slower playstyle).

Furthermore your rings are not that good. Missing a lot of phy dmg.

You are also missing out on the benefit of having two different totems. With only utilizing one of two buffs for us (which are mentioned in this guide), you are losing a lot of AS. You're getting around 500k shaper dps if you swap combustion with ancestral protector, thus having a lot more AS. And get the Vaal version of Ancestral Warchief. You can put have 4 totems at the same time. (Two non-vaal and two vaal) They're a huge boost in overall damage.

And you could get a Tombfist with a curse. Even though you have currently a curse through your Oskarm, missing out on the intimidate debuff is a huge loss in terms of damage. (In addition, you can easily craft your own tombfist with a curse on top, since you can spam Tombfist through trade quite easily, since a lot of people sell their gloves for 2c each. Increased max life does not matter imo. Not gonna change much if you have 6% instead of 4%.

Update your rings and amulet, swap out closed combat because it is trash and try out to get a tombfist with intimidate. Also your jewels ain't that good. You can improve it alot by getting better mods. Go back to the jewel section to see, which jewels might be more suitable. Dunno on your survivability so that's depending on your playstyle.

(Dunno about the HoA thing. In your current state it is stronger, due to all the fire dmg mods on rings etc. HoP may become stronger if you switch out your stuff.)
Last edited by Larzerus on Jun 24, 2019, 7:01:08 PM
"
Larzerus wrote:
Finally beat uber elder with a melee char

Spoiler

Dunno why people call this build mediocre or w/e.

I can rush through maps in 2 to 3 minutes and do basically everything. (Except reflect maps)

Nothing except my selfcraft weapons are expensive, which are not that good. It may be a little bit squishy at times but there are other builds out there that get wombo'd by legion mobs as well.
I managed to git gud against legion. Not dying there as often as i used to.

I like this build, my first melee which i played until full endgame. I am happy that i did, got a lot of xp on the playstyle of melee chars, since i am mostly a necro player, i started at zero.

Thank you for this guide.

It was a pleasure.

How much HP / shaper DPS did you have? Was able to do red Elder / Shaper deathless but felt I was lacking a bit of damage
"
godhand456 wrote:
"
Earlywood wrote:
What are we doing with Fortify? It was in the guide before the 12th update. The Fortify nodes are in the updated PoB, but I'm not seeing the gem in any of the tiers of body armor recommendations. It seems many recent discussions in this thread have dropped it so if thats the case, what should I be looking at for my tree?

using fortify in our main tectonic slam set up. you can see it under his gem section

Thank you. I guess I was looking in the wrong spot. I'll keep Fortify going and not worry about my tree.
Hello guys I really need your help, can anyone check my character and see what's wrong with it, I can't even do t1 maps I get melted so fast. Even contagion build with less defence survived longer, please I really need your help

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info