Exeption [Shader] Oodle: failed to decompress

"
eduardogp93 wrote:
Nothing works... I WANT TO PLAY !!!
Yes, thats true. Nothing works on my pc too. We have just to wait for patch. ;(
My windows 7 desktop with high res monitor on a gtx 1060 has the same issue. My windows 10 laptop does not have the issue. I've tried several compatibility settings on my desktop with no luck.
Same problem here, not sure how to fix this. Tired the solutions in this thread but I still get the error mid game and crashes. Looks like no flashback league for me :(
Same problem
i'm new player from italy.
6 hour to download the game and non 1 minute to play for shader oodle error.
Looks like my issue is the steam version, re-downloaded from the GGG Client and it's running fine now
Started playing in flashback event, reached act 3, then exited the game about couple of hours ago. Now I've got this error on loading the character. This happens only in flashback league, characters in synthesis load without error.
Steam client.

Edit: Changing ScreenSpace_effect value to 2 helped, loaded without any issues.
Last edited by CatWheep on May 11, 2019, 11:44:07 PM
I've also been experiencing this issue. Game was perfectly fine before 3.6.4

Been watching this thread and the various others. Playing on standalone, tried reinstalling, screenspace_effect=2, changed various other graphics settings. Tried reinstalling nvidia drivers. I'm able to get into the game and go through instances; can take anywhere from 1 min to 5 min before I get the [shader] Oodle failed to decompress

Additionally the textures take forever to load depending on the graphic settings I am trying out. If I delete the .ini config it doesn't propagate with new values and I end up replacing the deleted .ini with the old one just to have another go. I'm not sure enough people are experiencing the issue for GGG to care enough to fix it. Likely going to have to upgrade my hardware before trying this game again
Its work for with "[DISPLAY] screenspace_effects=2".
But take time to finish loading character or everythings and must change resolution for better views.

Edit: still got crashed sometimes..
Last edited by _PUDDIN_ on May 14, 2019, 3:28:14 AM
To the people who are having this issue and other graphics errors referencing things such as "f:\buildslave\build\production\source\windows\visual\device\d3d11\textured3d11.cpp", Error 2005270523:

Open Task Manager on Windows and check to see if the game is running the 32-bit client or the 64-bit version. For whatever reason, Steam is defaulting to the 32-bit version - this started happening to me when 3.6 launched but when I was troubleshooting back then I noticed the same errors I was getting have been occurring for at least 3 years.

I couldn't find a way on Steam to force the launch of the 64 bit version, but the following workaround works (replacing the default file path with the 64-bit executable):

Spoiler
WARNING: DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. I'm not responsible for anything that happens if you choose to follow my instructions.

Spoiler
1. Open Windows Explorer and go to where you installed Path of Exile (by defalt that will be "C:\Program Files (x86)\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Path of Exile")
2. Make a copy of "PathOfExileSteam.exe" (ctrl+c, ctrl+v) for backup.
3. Make a copy of "PathOfExile_x64Steam.exe" (ctrl+c, ctrl+v) .
4. Delete "PathOfExileSteam.exe".
5. Rename the copy you made in Step 3 ("PathOfExile_x64Steam - Copy.exe") to "PathOfExileSteam.exe" by either hitting F2 or right clicking on the file and selecting Rename.

This has fixed all the issues I've had with crashes and freezes since 3.6 launched. I don't know if the 32/64 bit issue is present in the standalone version of the game as well as I've never used it.
Last edited by ammo109 on May 14, 2019, 1:21:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info