[3.11] YABB (Yet Another Bow Build) +5/+6 Ice Shot Chaingunner Delve 600+ Updated for 3.11

What I like about this build is how it handles the blight, legion, breach, temple and pretty much every other encounter with high density of mobs. It's beautiful.
Handmade cursors for PoE: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2740991
"
Flying_Mage wrote:
What I like about this build is how it handles the blight, legion, breach, temple and pretty much every other encounter with high density of mobs. It's beautiful.

Thanks, it will be interesting to see with the new Jewel nodes coming what I can do with this, the vines one looks particularly good for those who had issues with bosses (especially with the barrage variant)

Btw due to the exceptionally large amount of feedback both positive and negative (which I'll do my best to address in the 3.10 update of the guide) Most of the 3.9 section will get bumped down into the second post on the thread and spoilered as Old
I make odd builds and sometimes write guides.
My updates and other junk are at https://www.youtube.com/user/Psywearebabylon
Been playing since before Atziri so got maybe 1% of the games intricacies learnt. Only 4 million more hours playing to be classed as a rank amateur :D
"
"
Flying_Mage wrote:

Thanks, it will be interesting to see with the new Jewel nodes coming what I can do with this, the vines one looks particularly good for those who had issues with bosses (especially with the barrage variant)

Btw due to the exceptionally large amount of feedback both positive and negative (which I'll do my best to address in the 3.10 update of the guide) Most of the 3.9 section will get bumped down into the second post on the thread and spoilered as Old

I was looking for possible 3.10 builds, and since I'm a scrub and rely on a guide usually I just want to say that I really appreciate all your updates on this guide.

Thanks for doing things for the community!

I'm looking forward to starting with this in 3.10. Will be first time bow build in a long time.
Hi, im planning to do this build for delirium and i have a few questions about scourge arrow, what it suppose to do? i mean you have one ice shoot for clear and other for single target so what about scourge arrow is it only for end game and changed for the single target ice shoot? or is just a variant for a very specific situation? because i saw you have the three and i just dont get it hahaha sorry may be is a stupid question im new in the game.
Hey there guys,

Absolute noob post so my apologies in advance. So league ended and I was playing Ele Hit, respeced my char to Ice Nova tree and wanted to see how the build potentially works - if anyone could take a look at it, here's the link: https://pastebin.com/XgMVVLdM

This is more like a 'league starter' build with not even leveled gems, but what I don't understand is why my damage is SO abysmally low. This is a level 93 char and Ice Shot DPS is around 70k, Barrage sits at laughable 12k. I have all the damage nodes and stuff, a lot of crit multipliers/ele dmg on gear, but it's still really very low.

My question is - how does the damage scale exactly - is it mostly from gems? Does it benefit from Elemental Damage at all? Is hard Cold damage a must on anywhere you can get it on?

I am once again sorry for such a shitty build post, but I just want to better understand how everything works before the league starts, thank you!
"
NecuJ wrote:
Hi, im planning to do this build for delirium and i have a few questions about scourge arrow, what it suppose to do? i mean you have one ice shoot for clear and other for single target so what about scourge arrow is it only for end game and changed for the single target ice shoot? or is just a variant for a very specific situation? because i saw you have the three and i just dont get it hahaha sorry may be is a stupid question im new in the game.

Scourge Arrow is for when you're stacking shit tonnes of flat elemental damage, so 3/4 T1 Searching Eye Jewels, 2 Socket Tombfists, Level 21/Awakened Gems etc, it has a higher damage ceiling than Barrage, but the standard Barrage or Pure Ice Shot setup has worked better for others, the one that was the most promising for people during Metamorph was the Barrage with Cold Pen (think it's on Page 120) setup
Been playing since before Atziri so got maybe 1% of the games intricacies learnt. Only 4 million more hours playing to be classed as a rank amateur :D
"
afgusto wrote:
Hey there guys,

Absolute noob post so my apologies in advance. So league ended and I was playing Ele Hit, respeced my char to Ice Nova tree and wanted to see how the build potentially works - if anyone could take a look at it, here's the link: https://pastebin.com/XgMVVLdM

This is more like a 'league starter' build with not even leveled gems, but what I don't understand is why my damage is SO abysmally low. This is a level 93 char and Ice Shot DPS is around 70k, Barrage sits at laughable 12k. I have all the damage nodes and stuff, a lot of crit multipliers/ele dmg on gear, but it's still really very low.

My question is - how does the damage scale exactly - is it mostly from gems? Does it benefit from Elemental Damage at all? Is hard Cold damage a must on anywhere you can get it on?

I am once again sorry for such a shitty build post, but I just want to better understand how everything works before the league starts, thank you!

So the damage like nearly all attack skills, scales from a mixture of your weapon, support gems, tree (usually in that order)

Checking from your character profile you have a badly rolled Death's Harp (Opus is the upgraded version, that'd double your damage right there), realistically you never want less than one with 123% Increased Physical Damage roll, and getting the 50% implicit is MAJOR

You are lacking crit in nearly every part (Increased Critical Strikes support far outdoes Inspiration unless you're averaging over 80% crit) so your ice shot is gonna be very very weak.

You're running a Tabula so either Mirage Archer or Inc Crit Strikes will be far far better than Hypothermia

Cold Pen and Summon Ice Golem makes no sense.

Your gem levels are very underlevelled still too which doesn't help

Your Watcher's Eye doesn't do anything (this build doesn't use Anger)
Don't know why you're using Brutal Restraint, or the Viridian Jewel in the bottom corner.

Hope that helps
Your tree is also got a bunch of points in the wrong place.
Will be any updated for 3.10?
"
Krohonen wrote:
Will be any updated for 3.10?

Minor change notes are on the front page, gonna update the gen listings and gear as the opus nerf has made rare bows competitive.

Thank you SynixProcessing, you explained me more than I could hope for!

So is Opus still a viable bow or a decent rare with double arrow will change it completely?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info