[3.11] YABB (Yet Another Bow Build) +5/+6 Ice Shot Chaingunner Delve 600+ Updated for 3.11

Yo guys, had my fun with Demise but for a bit of extra fun decided to try craft my own quiver with +1 arrow. Managed to get started on this:

What should I do next, immediately multimod, slam or annul for only the additional arrow THEN multimod? Thanks all happy new year
Hi, i'm basically a new player and i don't really know if is necessary to do changes on the build. I'm just following the guide, but i'm seeing many comments and i don't know what to do T_T (Sorry if you dont understand me xd my English isn't very good).

"
AbrownMN wrote:
"
Kami990 wrote:
"
Ravesence wrote:
i have all this gear + lioneye's fall and green nightmare and still can't kill bosses on red maps, still random 1hits on yellow maps, im thinking about rolling into something more tanky and endgame viable at this point.
(i know my SA setup is trash now, before that i had it on 5L and it also couldn't do bosses)

people need to stop exaggerating their builds like the OP did honestly, why waste everyones time and get people to play your garbage build to just have them realize it's a waste of time. the title should not have misleading "UP TO 40M DPS OMG" when everyone in the thread winds up posting they can't kill bosses

I think I'm at the breaking point myself, can't kill any bosses like you said. there's no point in clearing things fast if you can't kill any bosses.

Looking at your gear you must have like 3k life....It's no wonder you're dying all the time. No life on your one rare ring, none on gloves, maybe 20 on helm?, low on boots/belt...I mean you're missing a lot of the most important stat in the game. Seems like if you're missing that you're probably missing a lot of other mechanics/stats needed to really make it viable and aren't really investing or experimenting with the build enough to make a judgment. If you're not just bitching and want advice, then ask specifically and I'd be happy to offer some.

I made a few adjustments based on reading around, still only up to about 4.3k life, shooting for just under 5k and I can kill t16 100% quant maps.

I'll grant you it's not an EZ mode build or in my opinion a "league-starter" due to the high investment and understanding needed to make it shine. And it's certainly not specifically for killing bosses, which makes it tough to say it's a top build overall this league. However, it's viable if you take the time to build it up and it's insanely fun and the map clears are just fantastic. I was frustrated for a few days at start and now it's pretty breezy and I am far from min-maxed even at like 25EX invested. Hell, I don't even have ( like most of us probably) the build-enabling jewel because it's 10ex.

the problem is not dying, the problem is not doing 1/10 the dps required to kill bosses in any timely manner. death isn't my problem. if i die it's because i'm spending many minutes killing a boss and eventually die to a mistake that's bound to happen after so long.

Has anyone had success with this build SPECIFICALLY WITH BOSSING? I like ice shot and the clearspeed but the bossing makes me alt f4 and go back to my other characters every time.

I can do t16 and 1 shot all the trash with ice shot but even t10 bosses give me an extremely hard time due to no damage. Tried all ST setups
Last edited by Kami990 on Jan 2, 2020, 12:08:29 AM

This is my setup for now, reading through the post did some adjustment. Would you recommend anything that I can improve?
Anyone kind enough to tell me what am I doing wrong here? Doesn't seems to be achieving as high DPS...

https://pastebin.com/kKmk1g7T
"
Anyone kind enough to tell me what am I doing wrong here? Doesn't seems to be achieving as high DPS...

https://pastebin.com/kKmk1g7T

You didn't path towards Assassination in the Shadow area, the multi makes a difference.

You'll want to stack flat cold along with dex instead, and Hyrri's Ire is huge for that. Added Cold support gem is also important on Ice Shot.

Cold penetration is important on Shaper-like enemies for your single target.

Frost bomb for cold exposure and life regen reduction and Ensnaring arrow totems also do wonders for tough enemies.

Cut the Aspect nodes and get Assassination. Your life is also really low despite having Farrul's Fur and a bunch of 100+ life pieces of gear.

==-==

I think I've done all I can with this build, which ultimately ended up as a Raider mix of this, Aquarion and cutedog_ in terms of gearing and tree.

Survivability felt better in t14-16 after the switch, the defenses from the ascendancy made giving up the utility in deadeye worth it.

However after having pumped well over 10ex+ into it I hit a wall. I'm hardly a slouch when it comes to mechanics and manually dodging but there's a number of things you can't avoid getting hurt by and with boss hp changes it's much riskier to race against them with dps.

Cleared Shaper with a little difficulty and almost got an Awakening 4 Sirus down to 20% but failed hard because of storm management.

Cold stacking Scourge is much weaker than it used to be but it's still really strong to the point where I would swap out my ice shot setup and just have a mirage archer throwing it out every couple of seconds while I worked in Barrages.

Overall build was super fun once I got the key unique items and 6 links, clear speed is hard to beat. Pushing 1.6m dps with flasks up for like 5 seconds is not enough to work down the top bosses unfortunately.

Time to put this build away and respec into some dot shenanigans, here's the PoB at the end.

https://pastebin.com/2aChPmTy
"
Kami990 wrote:

the problem is not dying, the problem is not doing 1/10 the dps required to kill bosses in any timely manner. death isn't my problem. if i die it's because i'm spending many minutes killing a boss and eventually die to a mistake that's bound to happen after so long.

Has anyone had success with this build SPECIFICALLY WITH BOSSING? I like ice shot and the clearspeed but the bossing makes me alt f4 and go back to my other characters every time.

I can do t16 and 1 shot all the trash with ice shot but even t10 bosses give me an extremely hard time due to no damage. Tried all ST setups

Alot of pages, alot of text, alot of suggestions. Can't really make out what is best for single target either. My clear speed is insane but the bossing/metamorphs are a struggle sometimes.

Would appreciate if someone could sum up the single target issue and give a good answer. I got about 10 ex currency ready to be spent on stuff that works!

Having a blast with this build and it's actually engagingly fun since you can't just stand and face tank shit but actually have to move now and then this is the top reason to why I'm playing it and ofcourse the multiscreen clear is just so fkn satisfying!
What's the difference between using Death's Opus and Arborix?
@OP - pls rename this thread. This build needs a LOT of investment to become shiny. This is nor a good league starter or good bosskiller (unless you invest tons of exalteds)

@ rest - you can try copy my build or the one from
http://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Slottm/characters

My clear is insane and i dont have any problems with any bosses (some movement and brain needed)
Anyone up to look over my Char? I invested a few ex now. HO dps is 163k unbuffed. Im running with Solo and Clear 6link IS but i absolutely cant kill any map boss.

What can I change?

https://pastebin.com/AHVWqvzE
Last edited by Treydez87 on Jan 2, 2020, 7:30:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info