[3.11] YABB (Yet Another Bow Build) +5/+6 Ice Shot Chaingunner Delve 600+ Updated for 3.11

"
Jarien84 wrote:
Is it possible for you to add just a Gem Section. The Path of builder is really hard to figure out what gems are used where. I am literally brand new and trying to follow your guide as closely as possible. I am currently level 45 and just trying to get my hands on gear and trying to figure out the game in general.

Yeah sure I;ll add one tonight
I make odd builds and sometimes write guides.
My updates and other junk are at https://www.youtube.com/user/Psywearebabylon
Been playing since before Atziri so got maybe 1% of the games intricacies learnt. Only 4 million more hours playing to be classed as a rank amateur :D
Update on my progress:

This league shows we need adaption for Ice shot build in general. I went from the initial scourge arrow/ chain IS to Barrage set up to burst down t16 metamorphs in 5 seconds.

I also did Uber Elder and Shaper this morning, died twice to degen zones but the fight was quicker than Shaper due to Shaper got buffed in general. Shaper was a deathless attempt and I finally got a good drop from him (Starforge).

I also almost killed Awakener lv 8 on 4k hp pool. i got him to 5% then realized I fucked up the storm positioning and literally suicide into the storm 4 times for no fucking reason. The fight itself is easy.

I feel like the chain mechanics is good for delving but other than that, it's pretty rough this league since we can't expect mobs to be there all the time to chain. In additional Awakener bonuses make everything in the atlas a lot more tougher especially bosses.

Edit:
got lucky with this!
IGN: Kogmawwwwwww

Buy list:
15%+ Quality for the following:Faster Attack, Faster Projectile, Added Fire Dmg.
Last edited by phucbui7718 on Dec 31, 2019, 4:48:27 PM
Been messing with this build for a while now, wanted to play a bow build and love ice themes. (Still trying to figure out new atlas >_<)

Some tips:
- Ice Shot on its own isn't the greatest single target, can work with effort; Conversely Barrage is great, especially if you stack additional arrows
- Bosses are buffed, Ensnaring Arrow + Ballista Totem helps debuff Bosses and significantly boosts damage (+Culling Strike for quick cleanup)
- Vaal Cold Snap; Link with CWDT for some simple Frenzy potential; more important, its as almost as good as Vaal Haste but lasts longer (Frenzy Charges 10sec) for bosses
- Point Blank + King of the Hill is a great way to lock bosses for burst
- Till you get Lioneye's Fall, Spirit/Vitality Void help with survivability and mana
- Hit bosses with Ice Shot (if you use Mirage Archer) once in a while for extra dps from Mirage

There are lots of great alternatives to the gear listed (for cheaper investment):
- Circle of Fear with just 85%+ Herald of Ice Buff is as good as Taming for damage
- Cheap 6-Link Rare armors (important for Barrage)
- Barrage Fires an Additional Arrow - get cheap helmet with Enchant, Scoure + Essence of Greed
- Oskaram cheap way to get Assassin's Mark on hit
- Mentioned earlier; Yoke of Suffering is important for consistent shock

Annoitments:
Heart of Ice is best by far but expensive; good alternatives Far Sight, Throatseeker, and Lust for Carnage

All in all as my first Bow build in POE loving this so far ^_^7

PS Shoutout for Path of Building which helps compare things quickly!
Thoughts on Pandemonius for this build?
"
Darfel wrote:
Thoughts on Pandemonius for this build?

Every test I've done on pandemonius each league has usually come to the same conclusion, you can do better selling one and buying something else.

The 20% Cold Pen doesn't compare with Yoke's shock factor from my testing.

If someone can show im wrong then ill change my answer, but yoke wins for single target. Gloom for clear
I make odd builds and sometimes write guides.
My updates and other junk are at https://www.youtube.com/user/Psywearebabylon
Been playing since before Atziri so got maybe 1% of the games intricacies learnt. Only 4 million more hours playing to be classed as a rank amateur :D
Cant find ascendancy. What level first? What second? Far shot?
I finally killed Sirus lv 8. Nothing great dropped but man after bricking the fights many times.
IGN: Kogmawwwwwww

Buy list:
15%+ Quality for the following:Faster Attack, Faster Projectile, Added Fire Dmg.
Hi, you mind looking at my character page and tell me whats wrong with my build? also when do i transition into scourge?
"
kahodiho wrote:
Been messing with this build for a while now, wanted to play a bow build and love ice themes. (Still trying to figure out new atlas >_<)

Some tips:
- Ice Shot on its own isn't the greatest single target, can work with effort; Conversely Barrage is great, especially if you stack additional arrows
- Bosses are buffed, Ensnaring Arrow + Ballista Totem helps debuff Bosses and significantly boosts damage (+Culling Strike for quick cleanup)
- Vaal Cold Snap; Link with CWDT for some simple Frenzy potential; more important, its as almost as good as Vaal Haste but lasts longer (Frenzy Charges 10sec) for bosses
- Point Blank + King of the Hill is a great way to lock bosses for burst
- Till you get Lioneye's Fall, Spirit/Vitality Void help with survivability and mana
- Hit bosses with Ice Shot (if you use Mirage Archer) once in a while for extra dps from Mirage

There are lots of great alternatives to the gear listed (for cheaper investment):
- Circle of Fear with just 85%+ Herald of Ice Buff is as good as Taming for damage
- Cheap 6-Link Rare armors (important for Barrage)
- Barrage Fires an Additional Arrow - get cheap helmet with Enchant, Scoure + Essence of Greed
- Oskaram cheap way to get Assassin's Mark on hit
- Mentioned earlier; Yoke of Suffering is important for consistent shock

Annoitments:
Heart of Ice is best by far but expensive; good alternatives Far Sight, Throatseeker, and Lust for Carnage

All in all as my first Bow build in POE loving this so far ^_^7

PS Shoutout for Path of Building which helps compare things quickly!

ok, sorry for being a little noobish here. So with what should i link Barrage?
"
PIzmAR wrote:
ok, sorry for being a little noobish here. So with what should i link Barrage?

No need to apologize for asking and learning ^_^7

In damage priority order:
Barrage + Added Cold Damage* + Elemental Damage w/ Attacks* + Cold Penetration* + Hypothermia + Inspiration

Hypothermia/Inspiration are more consistent, while Dammage on FUll Life is more damage if you don't get hit, and don't use Elemental Focus as you lose Ailements (Shock, Chill, Freeze) which are important.

Currently run Barrage in 6L Body, and Ice Shot in 5L Death's Opus

*Awakened versions if you can afford them

Note: with Awakened stuff other Awakened options open up like Awakened Added Lightning/Chaos potentially depending on gear setup.
Last edited by kahodiho on Jan 1, 2020, 2:22:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info