[3.7] 🔥 Golems Still OP - Flame Golem Elementalist (Millions of DPS, All Content Deathless) 🔥

Didn't check if that was mentionned so here's my 2 cents for those who don't know yet :

DO. NOT. BUY. THE. ANIMA. STONE ! EVAH !

Craft it.
All it takes is 1 Primordial Might (~10c), 1 Primordial Eminence (~2-3c), 1 Primordial Harmony (~20c).
Take all three and vendor them to any merchant. This will give you The Anima Stone.

This way it's waaay cheaper than buying The Anima already done.

From craft it costs about 35c.
Anima Stone on poe.trade is around 1ex (~160c given current Synthesis rate).

It can be a huge shortcut to acquire this beast of a jewel especially at the beginning of a league.
"
ZackDenTV wrote:
Didn't check if that was mentionned so here's my 2 cents for those who don't know yet :

DO. NOT. BUY. THE. ANIMA. STONE ! EVAH !

Craft it.
All it takes is 1 Primordial Might (~10c), 1 Primordial Eminence (~2-3c), 1 Primordial Harmony (~20c).
Take all three and vendor them to any merchant. This will give you The Anima Stone.

This way it's waaay cheaper than buying The Anima already done.

From craft it costs about 35c.
Anima Stone on poe.trade is around 1ex (~160c given current Synthesis rate).

It can be a huge shortcut to acquire this beast of a jewel especially at the beginning of a league.

Yes it is an important thing to remember, I did mention it in the guide.
Yeah figured it'd have been mentionned somewhere but I don't do too good with giant walls of texts xD Sowwyyyy ;p
Last edited by ZackDenTV on May 27, 2019, 7:46:58 AM
I like this build and hoping to make it less squishy
Build seems weak against red maps betrayals with no block and curses not effective on them, they hit really hard

Thinking of dropping Nec aegis and getting a good shield with high EHP instead.
Golems should handle trash mob just fine w/o it

Thoughts/recommendations?
"
snowmittens wrote:
I like this build and hoping to make it less squishy
Build seems weak against red maps betrayals with no block and curses not effective on them, they hit really hard

Thinking of dropping Nec aegis and getting a good shield with high EHP instead.
Golems should handle trash mob just fine w/o it

Thoughts/recommendations?

Once again, you don't have forfify, that's a massive decrease in tankiness. This is the main reason of your issues with survivability. Taste of Hate, even non legacy, provides a good chunk of physical and cold damage mitigation. You can also give Decoy Totem a try, it's pretty useful in maps and with Empower and gem levels from the Vertex it's quite durable.

Your curse on hit curses (flammability + elemental weakness) will get replaced by your blasphemy curse auras whenever you get in range. Personally I wouldn't use this many sockets for curses.

I've done hundreds of T16 maps in 3.6 and I've never had any issues with the Syndicate, as long as I keep my distance and keep moving I won't even get hit by anything nasty so I can't really relate to this problem.

If you want you can use a rare shield, make sure it's a really good shield though so it's worth the damage you sacrifice (quite a lot of it). I prefer more DPS but you can go that way if you want.
OK, kept the current necro aegis option and got the AG setup with Gruthkul's Pelt and the Kingmaker, used cheap items for other slots with life/life regen/resists for now

AG only lvl 24 since don't have lvl 21 AG and can't afford lvl 4 empower

Still can run both curses+IC and now with fortify +3 defensive flasks

hopefully betrayal shouldn't pose a threat.

I am planning to take the AG to fight guardians but not shaper or uber

I see that you can not unsummon the AG in a map unless you take out the gem, was hoping to be able to do in case he was in trouble...
Last edited by snowmittens on May 27, 2019, 4:31:53 PM
Did you try caniibals?
Much better than tukohamas.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgq2yILAjw0&feature=youtu.be
"
JustMane wrote:
Did you try caniibals?
Much better than tukohamas.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgq2yILAjw0&feature=youtu.be

Looks good. I have never used or seen Cannibal Fire-Eaters and I don't even know how they work and how to calculate their DPS to check possible configurations.

There is a problem when combining spectres and golems: you can't really scale well both at the same time.

First of all the passive tree: if you focus on stacking jewel sockets for Golem jewels you have to sacrifice either minion nodes or defensive nodes. If you're stacking Golem jewels you're not using rare jewels with generic minion damage mods which would help scaling Spectre DPS (also the regeneration from Harmonies won't apply to Spectres). If you're getting rare jewels you're not stacking Harmonies which makes your Flame Golems' Magma Ball cooldown abysmal and you don't get the massive increased Golem damage from them.

If you go Necromancer you don't get extra Golems, Golem elemental immunity and Elementalist shock and you can't use The Primordial Chain to fix it since the amulet disables any minions other than Golems (including the Animated Guardian). If you go Elementalist you don't get the Spectre node and all the other juicy stuff which results in any Spectres you use being weak.

Spectres can scale infinitely with cast speed while Golems are limited by the Magma Ball cooldown. This is the reason I'm not using Flesh Offering or Primordial Eminence.

I would need to use a rare helmet with gem levels/other minion oriented mods which would reduce my defenses. The pseudo links granted by the helmet are suboptimal for Golems.

I'm already incredibly socket starved as of now, adding Spectres to the setup would force me to drop something else.

Last but not least I feel like I have enough damage with my current setup and if I could make any improvements I'd rather make my character tankier than make it deal more damage.

If I ever wanted to try Cannibal Fire-Eaters I'd do it as a pure Spectre build rather than a Spectre-Golem hybrid.
Last edited by borefficz on May 28, 2019, 5:53:19 AM
Just did Shaper (and took AG)- went quite easy, fast and deathless, this build ate him up so fast...just like in the OP video

Can't say the same for the guardians - at least one death per guardian including
getting one shotted, some of the map mods were very nasty though...
T16 Betrayels also still sometimes 1-2 shot(with IC + 2 cursed and AG fortify + 9k EHP)

Event league is ending in several days and I not sure if I'll finish lab(only found 3 trials), manage to spawn uber or even red elder

My favorite play style so far and best boss killer too and not too expensive to get to end content.

Still not happy with the squishiness and doubt the shield charge+fortify will solve this issue for me.
If there is a way to make it much more survivable even at the expense of some DPS I'll take it.
I expect IC to be less used since its latest change for 3.7.0 question the very name of the skillgem not being so "Immortal" anymore :/

Do you think it's still valuable to use it ? I guess as a summoner it doesn't really matter as much since we don't take as many hits as the other classes especially melee but still, no more "Safe mode" trigger there I guess.

Do you plan to change the CWDT chain at all ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info