[3.7] 🔥 Golems Still OP - Flame Golem Elementalist (Millions of DPS, All Content Deathless) 🔥

"
sehnekz wrote:
in your PoB, for configuration you have enemies covered in ash, how are you achieving this with your setup?

I don't cover enemies in ash, ticking it is the best solution I could come up with in order to accurately simulate Elementalist shock since both effects increase damage taken from Flame Golems by 20% (in PoB shock always increases damage taken by 50% so your PoB DPS would have been higher than it actually is if I ticked "shocked").

One day I'll explain everything in detail in the Path of Building section but can't tell when exactly I'll have enough motivation to do it :P
"
borefficz wrote:
"
Zsno wrote:
is The Primordial Chain worth getting?

The short answer is no.

The long answer is Flame Golems don't benefit from movement speed as much as Ice Golems since they're not melee, you can't use Animate Guardian with Primordial Chain, golems lose 35-45% of their life which makes them squishy especially if you don't have level 28 Flame Golems as I do, and Flame Golem dying = trouble since the mana cost makes you unable to resummon it unless you cancel some of your auras and wait for the mana to regenerate.

With 35% less life you'd have to keep using Convocation to save your Stone/Chaos Golem from Shaper balls/Uber Atziri double flameblast while with my setup it can take everything the game has to offer and survive (it can still die occasionally to heavy bursts of damage but it happens rarely).

Don't forget it also means losing stun immunity (very desirable for a bosskiller), 60% chaos resistance (very desirable for a hybrid build) and 1000-1500 EHP from Presence of Chayula.

Lastly, the -35% Golem Damage mod and the loss of Animated Guardian pretty much offsets the DPS gain you would get from being able to summon 3 more golems, no matter what golem combination you'd have used.

The Primordial Chain is worth considering if you use melee (especially Ice) Golems with it. But that's not my build.

can you still use the tree but swap out flame golems for ice golems?
"
Zsno wrote:
"
borefficz wrote:
"
Zsno wrote:
is The Primordial Chain worth getting?

The short answer is no.

The long answer is Flame Golems don't benefit from movement speed as much as Ice Golems since they're not melee, you can't use Animate Guardian with Primordial Chain, golems lose 35-45% of their life which makes them squishy especially if you don't have level 28 Flame Golems as I do, and Flame Golem dying = trouble since the mana cost makes you unable to resummon it unless you cancel some of your auras and wait for the mana to regenerate.

With 35% less life you'd have to keep using Convocation to save your Stone/Chaos Golem from Shaper balls/Uber Atziri double flameblast while with my setup it can take everything the game has to offer and survive (it can still die occasionally to heavy bursts of damage but it happens rarely).

Don't forget it also means losing stun immunity (very desirable for a bosskiller), 60% chaos resistance (very desirable for a hybrid build) and 1000-1500 EHP from Presence of Chayula.

Lastly, the -35% Golem Damage mod and the loss of Animated Guardian pretty much offsets the DPS gain you would get from being able to summon 3 more golems, no matter what golem combination you'd have used.

The Primordial Chain is worth considering if you use melee (especially Ice) Golems with it. But that's not my build.

can you still use the tree but swap out flame golems for ice golems?

I replaced Flame Golems with Ice Golems in PoB and I have to say I did not expect the golem accuracy to be that high (88% with war banner + generosity). But still you'd have to use The Primordial Chain with Ice Golems otherwise they'd be too slow, which causes all issues with losing Presence of Chayula I pointed out before. You can probably make it work but you'll be squishier and the DPS will be way lower than with Flame Golems.
can you still use the tree but swap out flame golems for ice golems? [/quote]

I replaced Flame Golems with Ice Golems in PoB and I have to say I did not expect the golem accuracy to be that high (88% with war banner + generosity). But still you'd have to use The Primordial Chain with Ice Golems otherwise they'd be too slow, which causes all issues with losing Presence of Chayula I pointed out before. You can probably make it work but you'll be squishier and the DPS will be way lower than with Flame Golems.[/quote]

I see, I guess i'll stick with flame golems. thank you for the replies!!
Thanks OP, this is an awesome build!
So spell echo will spend 1 charge per 2 magma ball casts, correct?

Right now PoB shows my flame golems cast rate at 3.16 with magma ball cooldown of 1.09s. Doesn't this mean that my golems will never run out of charges since they need at least 1.09s (cooldown) x 3(charges) x 2(spell echo) = 6.52 cast rate.

This makes Eminence actually quite comparable to Harmony. With my current setup each of them give me about 10% more damage. I actually prefer Eminence for more clear speed and responsiveness.
"
gigarez wrote:
So spell echo will spend 1 charge per 2 magma ball casts, correct?

Yes that is correct.

"
gigarez wrote:

Right now PoB shows my flame golems cast rate at 3.16 with magma ball cooldown of 1.09s. Doesn't this mean that my golems will never run out of charges since they need at least 1.09s (cooldown) x 3(charges) x 2(spell echo) = 6.52 cast rate.

This makes Eminence actually quite comparable to Harmony. With my current setup each of them give me about 10% more damage. I actually prefer Eminence for more clear speed and responsiveness.

Primordial Eminence does grant more PoB DPS I won't argue that. I don't know what's the primary use for your golem character, but for me it's bosskilling.

The reason I am stacking Harmonies is because of the cooldown reduction it grants - no matter what you do Flame Golems will eventually run out of Magma Ball charges, and getting too much cast speed only worsens the issue so you have to balance the cast speed and the cooldown. The moment your golems stop casting Magma Balls is the moment PoB DPS goes out of the window.

I imported your build (GigarezSynthFlashAdept I assume) and our trees differ quite a bit. You're using 3 more jewel sockets than I do. You have more Harmonies which means lower cooldown. You also dropped a total of 16% cast speed worth of minion nodes. So yes I'd say in your case using 1 Eminence can and probably will be beneficial. Just pay attention if your golems don't run out of charges during the big fights that last longer than 5 seconds (I can get away with a pretty bad cooldown/castspeed ratio because my DPS is higher, might not be the case for you but you have to test it yourself).
For some reason I was stuck with the 3 magma ball charges were recharging like flame dash continuously. It makes sense stacking Harmony jewels as much as possible then.

What I don't understand though. Why is my damage feels a bit low. With 3 extra Harmony jewels it should more than make up for the minion nodes that I don't have. Each jewel should equal to at least 60% increased golem damage. With 2 Harmony I should have 120% inc damage and 20% attack & cast speed from the one Eminence. The minion nodes aren't even half that. It might be curses but they shouldn't be affecting that much against bosses.

edit: I did input gem 21/20 in pob for reference.
Last edited by gigarez on May 21, 2019, 7:30:13 AM
Excellent job for a first guide

Build looks interesting with good dps and defenses

Tempting....Tempting....tempted!
"
gigarez wrote:
For some reason I was stuck with the 3 magma ball charges were recharging like flame dash continuously. It makes sense stacking Harmony jewels as much as possible then.

What I don't understand though. Why is my damage feels a bit low. With 3 extra Harmony jewels it should more than make up for the minion nodes that I don't have. Each jewel should equal to at least 60% increased golem damage. With 2 Harmony I should have 120% inc damage and 20% attack & cast speed from the one Eminence. The minion nodes aren't even half that. It might be curses but they shouldn't be affecting that much against bosses.

edit: I did input gem 21/20 in pob for reference.

Your Convocation is bound to Cast when Damage Taken which means you can't stop your golems from casting the bad spells should they be in close range and can't move your them to the optimal distance from your target for maximum AoE overlapping with Magma Balls. This is most likely the biggest contributor to your issues.

You're not using Spider Aspect (15% increased damage taken debuff), double offensive curses (-32% Fire Res to Shaper/Elder/guardians, -64% Fire Res to all other bosses), Generosity linked with Zealotry (which would increase the more damage mod from 16% to 22-23% as well as increase the increased crit chance effect), Animated Guardian with Kingmaker (50% crit multi), Combustion Support (-19% Fire Res) and the delve crafted helmet (-9% Fire Res). The +1 corruption on Skin of the Loyal increases your DPS by about 20% but it's obviously very expensive.

All these seemingly minor missed opportunities add up. There might be some other problems I did not notice. With your current setup, assuming your Flame Golem is 21/20, Empower is level 4 and all other support gems are 20/20 you would have about 130k DPS per Magma Ball, 150k with Flesh Offering though in my opinion no offering is worth using for all the complexity it adds to the build. For comparison I have 330k DPS per Magma Ball. Your DPS shouldn't really feel bad, but again since you don't kill stuff as quickly the issue of golems running out of Magma Ball charges might come into play. I'd definitely use selfcast Convocation to get more control over golems.

Make sure to add "Golems have 120% increased Damage" in Path of Building to some item because for some reason PoB doesn't support the Elementalist golem damage nodes. Also remember to tick "covered in Ash" to simulate the Elementalist 20% increased damage taken shock.

"
snowmittens wrote:
Excellent job for a first guide

Build looks interesting with good dps and defenses

Tempting....Tempting....tempted!

Thanks!
Last edited by borefficz on May 21, 2019, 12:00:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info