[3.6] Eternity Shroud Winter Orb Trickster (the best one)

"
CE2JRH wrote:
I didn't get to play winter orb yet, and kinda still want to. I'm thinking about leveling with storm brand then speccing into this; I usually only get one build per league.

If I get into maps and find this utterly not working, what's another good Trickster build I can spec into?

Lower respec cost swaps:
-Cyclone Trickster should be decent. It's also a channeling skill, so respec will mostly just focus on swapping out the elemental damage nodes for phys ones.
-Scourge arrow also picks many of the same nodes and goes cold, so less respec there.
-You can also swap to blade vortex or EK pretty easily. Again, it would require switching some of the elemental to physical routing at the beginning, but still easy enough.
-Or you can actually just keep going with Storm Brand and Storm Burst.

Higher respec cost swaps:
-anything chaos dot (ED/contagion, soulrend, bane, caustic arrow)
Playing this as league starter, it's really no different than it was in the past, it's a bit annoying that you need to be 20% closer (funny how most melee reworked skills have higher range than this, typical ggg balancing) but it works just the same.

People complaining about the casting being halved if you don't channel are people who haven't played the build before, you have to channel ANYWAY to get your stacks up, and you always channel near packs not inbetween packs.

Also no clue why the guide is saying you need at least a 10 ex budget, build works just fine without the shroud, get two scepters with crit and extra damage as chaos and you're set.
"
Riael1 wrote:
Playing this as league starter, it's really no different than it was in the past, it's a bit annoying that you need to be 20% closer (funny how most melee reworked skills have higher range than this, typical ggg balancing) but it works just the same.

People complaining about the casting being halved if you don't channel are people who haven't played the build before, you have to channel ANYWAY to get your stacks up, and you always channel near packs not inbetween packs.

Also no clue why the guide is saying you need at least a 10 ex budget, build works just fine without the shroud, get two scepters with crit and extra damage as chaos and you're set.

Well, I felt it would be misleading to title this "Eternity Shroud Winter Orb", make Eternity Shroud a mandatory core item, base all of the other gearing options around the requirements from Eternity Shroud, but then not include the price of the Eternity Shroud in the budget minimum :)

Of course you can make any build budget by downgrading the expensive parts and working up to them, but I think I would have taken wayyyyyyy more heat had I advertised an Eternity Shroud build that only needed a couple exalts.
Played this build this league the same as last league. Still verry great and powerfull - killed shaper, uberAtziri, uberElder. You will notice a dps loss while moving, but half a sec standing on point channelling and the screen is clear and you can zoom zoom again.
Gear compared to last league is cheap so works also for casual gamers :)

BR
Hey

Using this build for stander. Anything i can improve with gems/gear?

Thanks
Couple things...

ES recharge is so slow I eventually go OOM, I feel so so slow and fair squishy.

Was kinda hoping i could get past the winter orb nerfs by throwing exalts at gear, but it feels pretty shitty.

Might change to divine ire or something.
"
Zeypha wrote:
Couple things...

ES recharge is so slow I eventually go OOM, I feel so so slow and fair squishy.

Was kinda hoping i could get past the winter orb nerfs by throwing exalts at gear, but it feels pretty shitty.

Might change to divine ire or something.

Feels good with phase run actually, so I retract the slow comment.
I also put a single point into ES leech and feels much better.

Still doesn't feel the same as when i played it in Delve and I put in half the currency, oh well.
"
This build centers around the way that "gain elemental damage as extra chaos damage" works with damage conversion. Basically, when you convert damage, you get the extra chaos at every stage. To take advantage of this, we try converting most of Winter Orb's damage from cold to fire using cold to fire gem and Pyre ring. Then, we stack "Gain % elemental damage as extra chaos damage" from one-handed scepters/wands, trickster ascendancy, and the Eternity Shroud unique chest. The end result is 5 mil+ DPS PER ORB.

i doubut the extra chaos is applied to every stage, the extra chaos is aplpied to final damage.. this is logic..
All my builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1830178
Would catalyst be good to increased elemental damage modifiers on the pyre? or do u want to keep it as 40% conversion?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info