[3.6] Eternity Shroud Winter Orb Trickster (the best one)

"
rlauren2 wrote:
"
skoupidi wrote:

Its just vaal grace

This. You are correct that there isn't enough mana to reserve them all. I don't run the grace aura. I just have vaal grace there to pop for particularly dicey encounters.

Then I am not too stupid ;) Thank you. I'll keep running HoI as 4th aura and keep vaal grace to pop, although I am far from encountering dicey content :P

My build 10.6m shaper dps

nice guide btw

changed a few things
"
blg_RealiZe wrote:
"
Kojack37 wrote:

The one weakness of this build, and the reason I'm writing this post, I feel are the moments when your Energy Shield runs out after taking a big hit/chanelling for too long. I found that these moments can really have you feel trapped during high stress moments, such as tyring to survive the Uber Elder portal stage.

pick up one ES leech node (first node of Light eater wheel).
Also, your ES is quite low for that amount of HP, but I guess we can't expect you to get much more on that budget. I'd rather focus on DPS - with enough DPS you just instaphase any boss before it could hit you.
p.s. Your loath call wand is terrible, replace it ASAP

Thank you for the comments. I had no idea there was an ES leech node near me. I feel this will solve my issues.

Yeah, I know my wand sucks, but you should have seen the daggers I were using before them! I'm just too cheap to invest more currency into this build before seeing the Winterorb nerfs that are to come.
Spoiler

Thanks to OP!
3m shaper dps here and still have things to improve.

It's my second league and first time uber elder done by myself with this build :D
Last edited by BuHoGPaD on Jun 2, 2019, 2:31:50 PM
rlauren2

With the Trickster BIG Nerf , this build is still viable ???? your expert opinion please.

I was planning of doing this in Legion :P

Gratz.
"
Stressman wrote:
rlauren2

With the Trickster BIG Nerf , this build is still viable ???? your expert opinion please.

I was planning of doing this in Legion :P

Gratz.

It's still viable, but amount you have to invest before it feels good went up significantly, so I wouldn't use it as a league starter. I updated the guide with a 3.7 summary. Basically it's a massive QoL and DPS hit while also being more expensive.
Hi
Any possible good build for 3.7 that use Eternity Shroud ???
"
Stressman wrote:
Hi

Most spells can work with Eternity Shroud so long as you convert elemental damage types.

BV/EK (phys spells):
- Convert phys to cold with hrimsorrow and hatred watcher's eye
- Convert cold to fire with cold to fire gem and pyre
- Tree and gear stays *mostly* the same

Storm Burst/Divine Ire (phys to lightning spells):
- Convert the rest of phys to lightning with phys->lightning gems
- Convert lightning to cold with 2x Call of the Brotherhood
- Convert half the cold to fire with cold->fire support

You get the picture. Just convert as much damage as possible between as many elements as possible. Try to follow the phys->lightning->cold->fire order if possible. If the spells are phys based, you can also get "gain % phys as extra lightning/cold" mods on your stat sticks. And remember to focus as much of your added flat elemental damage to the earliest stage of your conversion.
"
rlauren2 wrote:
"
Stressman wrote:
Hi

Most spells can work with Eternity Shroud so long as you convert elemental damage types.

BV/EK (phys spells):
- Convert phys to cold with hrimsorrow and hatred watcher's eye
- Convert cold to fire with cold to fire gem and pyre

Storm Burst/Divine Ire (phys to lightning spells):
- Convert the rest of phys to lightning with phys->lightning gems
- Convert lightning to cold with 2x Call of the Brotherhood
- Convert half the cold to fire with cold->fire support

You get the picture. Just convert as much damage as possible between as many elements as possible. Try to follow the phys->lightning->cold->fire order if possible. If the spells are phys based, you can also get "gain % phys as extra lightning/cold" mods on your stat sticks. And remember to focus as much of your added flat elemental damage to the earliest stage of your conversion.

Thank's.
I am trying to find alternatives to trikster and winter orb because they have been very nerf. This info is a good start.
I didn't get to play winter orb yet, and kinda still want to. I'm thinking about leveling with storm brand then speccing into this; I usually only get one build per league.

If I get into maps and find this utterly not working, what's another good Trickster build I can spec into?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info