[3.6] Herald of Agony Mana Guardian [22k ES, 55k armour]

Strong build for sure!
Thanks for the ring idea, some dps is very wellcome.

I'm crafting a weapon too, actually using brand/ball lightning in a 4link with 100% poison, and leap slam.

Maybe something like this but with better rolls, if I can.

Vulnerability on hit seems to work on pob

Also for damage boost, +4-5% damage/minion damage corruption on jewells is cheap on poe.trade. (imunity to silence and corrupted blood is very good too)
Last edited by Dezosseur on Apr 29, 2019, 5:14:31 AM
Wow, Complete failure trying Shaper
Chimera and hydra were easy

Tried with minion damage sup or with and summon phantasm on kill and Zana would be killed every time there was a portal, then the purple orbs and the pools would get me too

Also there were pools all over the field(at least 10) with hardly any room to maneuver, is that normal? Aren't they suppose to disappear eventually?

End game content is the only reason I did this build. Need to rethink after this disaster

On the other hand Chimera drop some shaper fingerless gloves that's worth a fortune so I'm rich now! Woohoo!
"
snowmittens wrote:

Tried with minion damage sup or with and summon phantasm on kill and Zana would be killed every time there was a portal, then the purple orbs and the pools would get me too

Also there were pools all over the field(at least 10) with hardly any room to maneuver, is that normal? Aren't they suppose to disappear eventually?

End game content is the only reason I did this build. Need to rethink after this disaster

On the other hand Chimera drop some shaper fingerless gloves that's worth a fortune so I'm rich now! Woohoo!

Those pools spawns by octopus monsters, as i know, who's appear sometimes in area, if u kill them in time there be no pools. I believe pools remain until you kill the elder.

Also i have no trouble beating elder on red map, mb you just need to up your level
That was a just the shaper fight. No octopuses and no elder

I've done b4 w/o issues
Then it must be those balls that explodes when you touch them. They should disappear as the phase changes.
"
snowmittens wrote:

I'm not sure where the problems lays. As you can see in the video I defeated shaper without any issue. I have a few ideas tho.
1. On the skill tree, prioritize life nodes over mana nodes after you convert them with healthy mind
2. A curse should be a really nice boost to damage. I used poacher's mark on ring. Vulnerability as gloves corruption mod is also good.
3. The problem may be caused by the fact that you're using ball lightning. You try to stay away from the damage and the crawler follows you instead of killing monsters. Melee skills like cyclone make targeting much easier imo.
You can even use weapon swap to switch between playstyles.
4. Use sapphire flask against shaper.

Edit: I added a section in "How do we deal damage" on what steps you can make to improve your damage.
Last edited by Unlimitation on Apr 29, 2019, 10:41:38 AM
"
Unlimitation wrote:
"
snowmittens wrote:

I'm not sure where the problems lays. As you can see in the video I defeated shaper without any issue. I have a few ideas tho.
1. On the skill tree, prioritize life nodes over mana nodes after you convert them with healthy mind
2. A curse should be a really nice boost to damage. I used poacher's mark on ring. Vulnerability as gloves corruption mod is also good.
3. The problem may be caused by the fact that you're using ball lightning. You try to stay away from the damage and the crawler follows you instead of killing monsters. Melee skills like cyclone make targeting much easier imo.
You can even use weapon swap to switch between playstyles.
4. Use sapphire flask against shaper.

Edit: I added a section in "How do we deal damage" on what steps you can make to improve your damage.

Thanks for the feedback, will look into it
My shaper runs till now were deathless and the build felt very strong on the 2 guardians, delve and red maps(a bit slow maybe)

As far as I saw the crawler was attacking the portals but just not killing fast enough to save Zana

I really want this build to work as I love the tankiness and still have my cyclone setup on my alt weapon

Worst case scenario, maybe I can use some other damage output instead of HOA on the 6 link

Since this is my last build I am fully committed to make it work:
1. Got the vulnerability curse gloves
2. Got Prismatic eye extra ES and elemental weakness offset
3. Damage wise: I have the nostalgia with +98% crawler damage + weapon with
33% minion damage +14% from jewel. I also use war banner (Enemies take
extra 11% phys damage) and projectile weakness + enfeeble on CWDT.
4. Saphire flask

Counting on the cyclone vs the ball lightning to be the issue

Also looking at your shaper video you had max 3 frost pools that were disappearing after a short while while I had over a dozen that cover most of the arena and were not disappearing so not sure what's up with that(bug?)
Have killed Shaper today using ball lightning-slower projectiles-poison (and spell echo on weapon mod). My Zana was killed once but i get lucky dodging bullet hell. Slower projectiles is very helpfull against bosses aspecially shaper as you can throw a couple of balls on him and start moving around arena while virtulence will be high enough.

I found it more easy to kill the portal staying right in front of it becouse most of the minions will attack you insterad of Zana and they easy to tank.

I easily tank 3 pools at once so it is not such a problem.

Also it seems like poachers mark works only on hit by weapon and it's not helping with ball lightning setup. Is there any way to get mana on no mana regen map beside using flasks?
Awesome build! I can’t wait to get home and try it. Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info