How We're Approaching the Melee Rebalance in 3.7.0

Thank you for the sneak peak
That little tidbit about Cyclone is the most exciting thing I've heard about PoE in a long time. Wow, awesome. Probably the single biggest change I was hoping for.

Actually counting as a channeled skill isn't a huge deal, as it just means that you could use CwC as a weaker but more reliable poor man's CoC if your crit chance (and hit chance? maybe not any more?) isn't up to snuff, but more importantly I assume it also means that Cyclone will smoothly follow your mouse and stop when you let go of the button, which . . . considering how fun Cyclone was *despite* how clumsy it was . . . hot damn.
Can we get a "Whip" item type? :-D
"
Istaro wrote:
That little tidbit about Cyclone is the most exciting thing I've heard about PoE in a long time. Wow, awesome. Probably the single biggest change I was hoping for.

Actually counting as a channeled skill isn't a huge deal, as it just means that you could use CwC as a weaker but more reliable poor man's CoC if your crit chance (and hit chance? maybe not any more?) isn't up to snuff, but more importantly I assume it also means that Cyclone will smoothly follow your mouse and stop when you let go of the button, which . . . considering how fun Cyclone was *despite* how clumsy it was . . . hot damn.

Finally yes, someone gets it!

Cyclone being channelled is all about it's control and how the player uses it. CwCh isn't going to be much different than CoC in practice, but being able to stop when you want to is absolutely huge.
"
Chris wrote:
Players from other Action RPGs have occasionally criticised Path of Exile's melee combat for being "clunky"

Edit: And Cyclone is now a Channelled[sic] skill.

HYPE!

This could be really huge if they get even a small fraction of what they are potentially looking at doing accomplished. It's a really great sign that they recognize the fundamental issues with melee and are trying to fix them. I'm especially hopeful since they teased Cyclone specifically, which is a strong indicator that they may know EXACTLY what they are doing.

Edit: Lol, props to the folk who understand the cyclone change.
Last edited by DemigodParadox on Apr 11, 2019, 9:44:25 PM
"
And Cyclone is now a Channelled skill.

Best news on here for me.
Rip Cyclone?

How Bout a Bow/Wand Patch eh?
Path of Exile is life, just ask my Ex-Wife
"
Edit: And Cyclone is now a Channelled skill.

Oh, shit. I was certain it was never gonna happen. 😍
https://redd.it/p0hyul
You might actually get me to want to play a ground slam build in the new patch. The first build that I loved the most even though I didn't take it to mapping was a Ground Slam Marauder. Who knows I might do that and take it into mapping and beyond as a build of my very own.
cyclone channelled?
been waiting for that since the moonlanding!

geez!
Unknown rule type: SetFondSize

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info