How We're Approaching the Melee Rebalance in 3.7.0

Hmm...you don't mention anything about armor and block. If you want melee to be popular, you're gonna have to do some work on those two as well, especially the former. And be sure to make them synergize particularly well with melee, rather than just be an easy option for all kinds of builds.
"
Exile009 wrote:
Hmm...you don't mention anything about armor and block. If you want melee to be popular, you're gonna have to do some work on those two as well, especially the former. And be sure to make them synergize particularly well with melee, rather than just be an easy option for all kinds of builds.

Max block builds are insanely good already and can clear anything in the game.

High armour builds can do all endgame.

What?
"
Edit: And Cyclone is now a Channelled skill.

extremely disappointing.

Also this would help casters more than anything.
They are going to solve "The Riddle of Melee"

Eagles are coming...or something is coming.

Still failing to solve "The Riddle of Melee" 4.0 HYPE!!!
SILLY BITCH...THE EAGLES ARE COMING!!!
THE EAGLES!!! (bleeds out from a wound to the gut)
the eagles...are...coming...(coughs)...the eagles...
"
Rockell wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:

What?

Have you made a max block build without using that ascendancy? After the last big block changes, mind you. As for high armor...what?
Last edited by Exile009 on Apr 11, 2019, 9:12:06 PM
The main problem with 'melee' here, for me, is inability to clear whole screen in 1 skill use.
Or half of screen
Or with several skills, but staying at place.

Being forced to individually approach to the every 2nd enemy, just to hit him - literally blasts my mind and makes me forget about any kind of 'melee' builds.

The only way to 'fix' it is convert all melee skills to ranged. But we already have very good ranged attacks and spells.

So I have no any idea: what they can do here to make 'melee' more viable, more interesting and enjoyable, AND without making it stupidly OP.
I'm Russian and I love it.
Auctioneer House - just MUST be here! Most of sellers do not reply, not even talking about AFKers and offliners!
"
MattGSM wrote:
"
dostov wrote:
i wonder how they will screw this up

I wonder how they'll pretend to make things more viable when they still should just work on not crashing or overloading the servers.

Melee balance is a great idea but they NEED to add more defence. Melee means up close and if we need to dodge using movement skills so we don't get one shot, how are we going to attack?

I'm guessing that only meta skills will be worked on too like sunder, cleave and molten strike. Glacial Hammer could become a great skill for bosses if cold become more melee but right now it seems that fire is melee and the devs are liking fire more than most other elements.

I think that spells should still be looked at as many skills such as the new ones like Holy Relic isn't used very much and nor is summon skeleton anymore.

Have you noticed that most of the new skills end up being the most used? I know that they are being used because people want to try them out or whatever but winter orb is still the most used skill even if it was new LAST league.

You know..
Lets talk about results

3.6.0 casters rebalance: majority of casters now prefer bows. Plenty run this way. Casters! With bows! What a brilliant rebalance!

Then

3.7.0 melee rebalance: so melee chars will be more effective with the bows too?

Sounds awesome and you touch on a lot of things that all play a role here for awesome melee combat. Excited. :)
Perception is reality.
if you're trying to put melee at the spot where ranged/casters are.. you gonna need alot of feedback.. there's no REAL melee in this game as far I saw from builds only ranged attacks or magic based attacks unless I miss the intention that's not how "melee" is in truth is it?

to actually improve melee there would be needed damage changes in the game too but I really doubt you will go this deep..
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Last edited by Xystre on Apr 11, 2019, 9:23:38 PM
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Rockell wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:

What?

Have you made a max block build without using that ascendancy? After the last big block changes, mind you. As for high armor...what?

I don't make max block because it's not my preferred, but plenty of people in my guild do and they down Shaper/Uber Elder just fine.

Max Armor is great as long as you layer your defenses, like you're supposed to do with any defense. Phys reduction, leech, regen, large hp or es pools, MoM, block, etc. Also, get 50% movespeed and don't get hit by the big slams.

And the fact that nobody's said they should nerf one particular melee build that is vastly overpowered says everything I need to know.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info