How We're Approaching the Melee Rebalance in 3.7.0

Would be cool if the combat was more fluid like DFO or something, like melee had a real impactful feeling to it
If I had to say the biggest problem with PoE's 'clunkiness', it's that you can't cancel animations. When you attack, you're locked into that attack. Thus, with things like Multistrike that means you're locked into place for a considerable amount of time.

There's also no sense of skill priority. What would work better would be to allow a movement skill to override an attack skill, such that a player who tries to dodge will cancel their attack and attempt to use the movement skill.

The last bit is the tendency for targeting to get Stuck on enemies, and have trouble switching to something else from mouse focus. Right now the priority is on your Previous Target, in case your mouse jitters and moves off it, instead of trusting that the player has the mouse where they want it to be. Multistrike goes the opposite way, alternating targets in a way that locks on to enemies, but with less control. There's a balance in there that can be figured out.
Just make multistrike a Level 24 gem again = low Level melee fixed
Last edited by Vorsaa on Apr 11, 2019, 11:45:28 PM
So does the Cyclone change fuck up the Cyclone/Frost Nova/Winter Orb combo with Cospri's Malice?
buff wand attacks pls
cyclone is now channeled? i feel this has some serious opportunity for massive abuse of CwC. that belt is going to be expensive next league me thinks.
"
Chris wrote:

Edit: And Cyclone is now a Channelled skill.

With which tags? Infused channelling might be a decent choice for it, if it had a physical tag.
Can we please have varied animations instead of the exact same attack over and over? Instead of repeating the same swing or hit, please select a random attack animation with that weapon or always perform a certain chain of attacks... It looks absolutely ridiculous attacking the same way ad nauseam and makes melee with high attack speed extremely unappealing.
Last edited by Buncombe on Apr 12, 2019, 12:31:07 AM
"
JOHN_RA wrote:
"
MattGSM wrote:
"
dostov wrote:
i wonder how they will screw this up

I wonder how they'll pretend to make things more viable when they still should just work on not crashing or overloading the servers.

Melee balance is a great idea but they NEED to add more defence. Melee means up close and if we need to dodge using movement skills so we don't get one shot, how are we going to attack?

I'm guessing that only meta skills will be worked on too like sunder, cleave and molten strike. Glacial Hammer could become a great skill for bosses if cold become more melee but right now it seems that fire is melee and the devs are liking fire more than most other elements.

I think that spells should still be looked at as many skills such as the new ones like Holy Relic isn't used very much and nor is summon skeleton anymore.

Have you noticed that most of the new skills end up being the most used? I know that they are being used because people want to try them out or whatever but winter orb is still the most used skill even if it was new LAST league.

You know..
Lets talk about results

3.6.0 casters rebalance: majority of casters now prefer bows. Plenty run this way. Casters! With bows! What a brilliant rebalance!

Then

3.7.0 melee rebalance: so melee chars will be more effective with the bows too?

Hehe, thanks for the laugh! It is true. Staves need some lovin in this regard, perhaps either buff their skill-gem affixes or invent a templar backpack (or skirt) that can be used while wielding a staf. :-)
"
SuperTaster wrote:

The last bit is the tendency for targeting to get Stuck on enemies, and have trouble switching to something else from mouse focus. Right now the priority is on your Previous Target, in case your mouse jitters and moves off it, instead of trusting that the player has the mouse where they want it to be. ...

i have a recurring problem that i thought was something to do with my internet lagging. I click an Ambush chest, then lightning warp away, and then hold down LMB to continue to run in that direction for a bit (frost nova box, for example), only to have the game decide that i want to be running back towards the box. it completely disregards the actual position of the cursor.

Is that similar/the same cause to the problem you're feeling?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info