How We're Approaching the Melee Rebalance in 3.7.0

buff flicker
"
Edit: And Cyclone is now a Channelled skill.

This is actually pretty hype
You know that clunkiness is there for spells too, right?
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
Hope they are looking at melee itemization also..
"Don't Tread on Me"
Get rid of melee splash. Every melee skill needs it if it doesn't have an in built aoe aspect such as reave or cleave. Make it a node on the skill tree, some where around the scion life wheel.

Not too far from the major melee choices, but not something you can take in the first 15 to 20 levels of a new character's life. Anyone can get a hold of it, but it won't be a mandatory link in every build. ( no the spell like AOE nuking "melee skills don't need it ) but the core/"real"?/original skills do.

IMPACT would need to go, and be replaced with something bigger and better, but part of this coming rework will involve the ascendancy of each melee class I am sure.

Just my 2 cents worth to help make things better, or if not, not any worse for those foolish enough to stand up close to the bosses and dare to slap them with a chunk of metal ;-)

woo, cast on channel cyclone blade vortex or something like that could be pretty interesting
Cyclone cast when channeling, wow yes please
"
leonalchemist wrote:
woo, cast on channel cyclone blade vortex or something like that could be pretty interesting

ahhhhhhh banzai !
What you nerf get the most popular right after (Winter Orb, Brand, Non-chaos, Trickster), so good luck melee
Melee Splash. One of the biggest problems.
No one is using targeted skills. Meta is too fast, one shot, one screen (at least a pack) must be cleared.

Two options:
1. Every melee skill must have AOE inside.
2. Melee Splash must have "39% more melee damage" no to be socket waste.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info