[3.8 Video Guide] Beginner Friendly: Winter Orb Trickster [Uber Elder & Fast]

Ice Spear transforms based on distance.
Projectile speed does not affect the distance at which Ice Spear transforms to 2nd form. Speed is beneficial and will make your Ice Spear transform faster as the set distance is met faster. This has been so both before and after the rework.
I believe in slightly different donuts
"
Shock3r19711 wrote:
"
SpAz_ wrote:
"
bex_HB wrote:
even with reduced mana reservation ... how is this even playable ?

switched to winterorb + ice spear, having herald of purity, ash and hatred active ... this playstyle is clunky as f*** to be honest.

not even to mention that movement skills also need mana o.O

i only have 111 mana unreserved ...

Eldritch Battery.

thats not in the build tho right?

Tricksters Weave the Arcane - Movement Skills cost no Mana.
I have 181 unreserved and don't have any mana problems. Only if I spam Icespear but we shouldn't do that.
This guide needs significant work to be as useful as some of your other build guides. I was quite disappointed to follow this build through to level 68 in Synthesis Flashback to find that your 'budget' gearing costs multiple exalt to piece together.

Can you please add some actual budget gear options to your 'budget' PoB?
Last edited by octeris on May 12, 2019, 12:05:14 PM
"
octeris wrote:
This guide needs significant work to be as useful as some of your other build guides. I was quite disappointed to follow this build through to level 68 in Synthesis Flashback to find that your 'budget' gearing costs multiple exalt to piece together.

Absolutely same man.. idk what to do right now..
"
meowOG wrote:
"
octeris wrote:

For everyone having troubles progressing - here's a quick fix solution until Beltimber and Frostferno become more available:

get these nodes in the skilltree (fire as well as mana reserve reduction).

Get the Malachai's artifice (its cheap now, about 1c) and insert Herald of Purity.

Set up your Tabula Rasa as follows: Winter Orb - Increased Duration - Controlled Destruction - Cold to Fire - Greatre Multiple Projectiles - Combustion Support

With 3 auras (Herald of Ash, Herald of Purity and Hatred) there is some resemblance of damage, game is somewhat doable just charge up your WORB and run.

A lot of the problem for me is I don't think of this is a Ghazzy build. This build used to be something else I can tell with the way some of the wording is in the guide. I know Ghazzy got the idea for this build from somebody who did this build in China. I remember seeing this post on reddit.

But I will say this is the most friendly of the Trickster WOrb guides though. I looked all over for a WOrb Trickster before Flashback started and this was the best I could find that seemed reasonable as a starter. All the others I've seen barely tell you what to get to level easier. For example none of them have the Artifice ring even though it's pretty much top notch for leveling now.

Is there problems though yes.For the first time reading a Ghazzy guide the flow of it is just not there it feels very jumbled and stilted. It feels like he didn't put much thought in the guide compared to his others. Hopefully if they don't completely gut WOrb with 3.7 he can come back and tidy up and improve the flow of the guide.

Still love ya Ghazzy but it is not your best work. But still keep the guides coming I still would rate Ghazzy as one of the best guide makers.
"
oleg255 wrote:
"
meowOG wrote:
"
octeris wrote:

For everyone having troubles progressing - here's a quick fix solution until Beltimber and Frostferno become more available:

get these nodes in the skilltree (fire as well as mana reserve reduction).

Get the Malachai's artifice (its cheap now, about 1c) and insert Herald of Purity.

Set up your Tabula Rasa as follows: Winter Orb - Increased Duration - Controlled Destruction - Cold to Fire - Greatre Multiple Projectiles - Combustion Support

With 3 auras (Herald of Ash, Herald of Purity and Hatred) there is some resemblance of damage, game is somewhat doable just charge up your WORB and run.

Thanky,Sir.
I tried this build with the Flashback league but it did not work out that well for me. I am in act 10 now and it feels squishy as hell. Winter Orb (4L) does decent damage but the Spear (5L) is not sufficient for bosses/syndicate, running always out of mana. Getting Beltimbers or Frostferno is impossible right now. This build is surely nice designed but its neither beginner friendly nor managable with a low budget lacking decent life/mana regen or good defenses (phase acrobatics is not sufficient).
The league is 48hours in and people expect stuff that only drops on guardians to cost 1 chaos... Lol please. Stop crying. Go farm. I'm using 2 rare scepters that I found with tabula. Ice spear on 4 link and WOrb in tabula. It's ridiculous. In just fly through stuff.
In pob it has Wave of Conviction lvl1 CWDT lvl3 and increased duration ofc lvl20. is there a reason to keep Wave of Conviction at level 1? Lvl 8 Wave of Conviction is required level 40 so it would work. Any one with experience?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info