[3.8 Video Guide] Beginner Friendly: Winter Orb Trickster [Uber Elder & Fast]

"
bex_HB wrote:
even with reduced mana reservation ... how is this even playable ?

switched to winterorb + ice spear, having herald of purity, ash and hatred active ... this playstyle is clunky as f*** to be honest.

not even to mention that movement skills also need mana o.O

i only have 111 mana unreserved ...

Im about to make the switch so this is a lil worrying.. How is it if you ignore the icespear? Do even map bosses take too long?

Also, the frostferno helm has a bunch of mana regen, maybe before we get that we need mana regen on rings/ammy/weapons?
"
Shock3r19711 wrote:
"
SpAz_ wrote:
"
bex_HB wrote:

switched to winterorb + ice spear, having herald of purity, ash and hatred active ... this playstyle is clunky as f*** to be honest.

Eldritch Battery.

thats not in the build tho right?

FML posted in the wrong tab. I was reading https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2489303

So yeah my bad!

It's a good question though, this guide has a lot of "questionable" choices/recommendation imo even as a starter setup, e.g. leveling up as Arc traps post lvl 38 (GMP). TBH, arc trap was so painfully slow (I did it this flashback) I wish I switched to Worb at 28 in comparison. But I shouldn't dig into detail/discussion and I shouldn't even bring it up, cause overall it's a decent guide Ghazzy :). Just a mis-post!

Cheers
Last edited by SpAz_ on May 12, 2019, 7:24:10 AM
Total noob question: why does the build focus so much on fire damage? Is it just to mix up cold and fire to avoid boss resistances etc? But then why go for Avatar of fire? I just don't understand :(
"
Shock3r19711 wrote:
"
SpAz_ wrote:
"
bex_HB wrote:

Eldritch Battery.

thats not in the build tho right?

right - and i currently wonder how its even possible to call this build "beginner friendly", i died like 3 times on a t1 map because running out of mana and beeing squishy af
"
Shock3r19711 wrote:
"
bex_HB wrote:

Im about to make the switch so this is a lil worrying.. How is it if you ignore the icespear? Do even map bosses take too long?

Also, the frostferno helm has a bunch of mana regen, maybe before we get that we need mana regen on rings/ammy/weapons?

Well, yes, frostferno is obviously too expensive atm ;)

I already stopped using ice spear because thats for sure too low mana for it,
using a 6l winterorb in tabula rasa ... but the low mana is really a kind of show stopper ...

Bad thing now : i could change to soulrend / bane as i tried this back in synthesis in the end and worked much better, but the tree is completely different lol
"
bex_HB wrote:
"
Shock3r19711 wrote:
"
bex_HB wrote:

Well, yes, frostferno is obviously too expensive atm ;)

I already stopped using ice spear because thats for sure too low mana for it,
using a 6l winterorb in tabula rasa ... but the low mana is really a kind of show stopper ...

Bad thing now : i could change to soulrend / bane as i tried this back in synthesis in the end and worked much better, but the tree is completely different lol

I know he recommends worb in a 6l at first, but that makes it take a lot more mana to channel right? maybe its not too good..
Why should winterorb cost more mana when linked to more gems? I think its just the gem level that makes this?

Anyway :
i noticed the lab "weave of the arcane" - i do not yet have that, and this increased mana and mana regen ... maybe it improves the situation ...
i am quite sure the build guide should put this ascendency nodes as second in order or max 3rd to have it once switching.
Last edited by bex_HB on May 12, 2019, 7:45:07 AM
"
bex_HB wrote:
Why should winterorb cost more mana when linked to more gems? I think its just the gem level that makes this?

Anyway :
i noticed the lab "weave of the arcane" - i do not yet have that, and this increased mana and mana regen ... maybe it improves the situation ...
i am quite sure the build guide should put this ascendency nodes as second in order or max 3rd to have it once switching.

Oh maybe im confusing it to when I did a cast while channeling worb whispering ice in synthesis. But yes I noticed the weave one too, maybe we get that 2nd or just get a couple items with mana regen
"
Shock3r19711 wrote:
"
bex_HB wrote:

Anyway :

Oh maybe im confusing it to when I did a cast while channeling worb whispering ice in synthesis. But yes I noticed the weave one too, maybe we get that 2nd or just get a couple items with mana regen

y

but still i´d strongly do winterorb elementalist over this one here ... its just so squishy it causes pain in the ass to level
holy shit this build is so incredibly confusing. One set of gems and links in the POEBuild, another set of links in Video (and you only show armor and helmet briefly, nothing about weps/gloves/boots, 3rd set of links in the Forum Guide and it changes twice while reading from top to bottom, wtf.

Please be so kind to add the actual equip pictures with linked gems for us dumbos, i still cant figure it out and i think my head is going to explode...

Last edited by oleg255 on May 12, 2019, 9:35:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info