Chat is unnecessary for PS4

"
Napolleon wrote:
Lol reputation in a game without chat and guilds where everyone is anonymous and there’s zero grouping

There are several active communities and lots of grouping going on.
[Removed by Support]
chat would be really nice for console, but we're just console plebs and aren't really considered to be of any value, unfortunately.
"
Yougotsonnend wrote:

Hard to have an ignore list without a world chat! There is also an ignore list on poe pc world chat so I don't really know what you'really talking about there. Not to mention you can block players from messaging you on PSN if they keep DM'ing you.

LOL you talk like we can't communicate through the market form.
It's there where I want to block people or at least want to know their Nicknames. It is there where I want an ignore list.
I don't really need the global chat, because I like to play the actual game, not to spend my time chatting with strangers, you know.. If I need something or I want to share something I'll text one of the dozen guys I've met in the last months sharing with them my Psn. And if you guys didn't make any 'friends" well...
But if kids need a place to vomit all their insults, frustration and boredom (because that's what global chat is 90% of the time, just look at pc) they can have it, but I WANT to be able to completely remove it from my screen, cause the toxicity of what I read on forums like this or in the market in game form, it's something I don't really need in my spare time.
Last edited by Asra101010 on Mar 12, 2020, 1:47:39 AM
"
Asra101010 wrote:
"
Yougotsonnend wrote:

Hard to have an ignore list without a world chat! There is also an ignore list on poe pc world chat so I don't really know what you'really talking about there. Not to mention you can block players from messaging you on PSN if they keep DM'ing you.

It's there where I want to block people or at least want to know their Nicknames. It is there where I want an ignore list.
I don't really need the global chat, because I like to play the actual game, not to spend my time chatting with strangers, you know.. If I need something or I want to share something I'll text one of the dozen guys I've met in the last months sharing with them my Psn. And if you guys didn't make any 'friends" well...
But if kids need a place to vomit all their insults, frustration and boredom (because that's what global chat is 90% of the time, just look at pc) they can have it, but I WANT to be able to completely remove it from my screen, cause the toxicity of what I read on forums like this or in the market in game form, it's something I don't really need in my spare time.

Well said +1

Careful what you wish for.

Global chat would be spammed with ppl trying to sell shitty items (just like on this trade forum) and would be no moderation.

Highly doubt you would get normal conversation.

Remember lots of ppl dont have premium tab so chat will be a spamfest like diablo 2 back in day

Then there are RMT websites who will use spambots to advertise their website..
[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Auradinho on Mar 12, 2020, 6:59:54 AM
"
Asra101010 wrote:
"
Yougotsonnend wrote:

Okay well turn it off, you're reasoning for not wanting it is selfish at best and borderline insane at worst. I don't care about world chat spam or whatever. I just want another Avenue to buy/sell items. If world chat upsets you that much the problem goes a little deeper than that bud.

Of course there should be an option to completely remove it from the screen, as it would be removed from mine 95% of the time. I don't care about all the other stuff you're talking about though because that's just your whiny personal opinion and nothing more.
Last edited by Yougotsonnend on Mar 12, 2020, 12:50:46 PM
"
Auradinho wrote:
"
Asra101010 wrote:
"
Yougotsonnend wrote:

Well said +1

Careful what you wish for.

Global chat would be spammed with ppl trying to sell shitty items (just like on this trade forum) and would be no moderation.

Highly doubt you would get normal conversation.

Remember lots of ppl dont have premium tab so chat will be a spamfest like diablo 2 back in day

Then there are RMT websites who will use spambots to advertise their website..

Okay well use the close button instead of trying to impose your selfishness on other people because you don't like how it works.

Like I said, the arguments people make about not wanting world chat on here are just selfish opinions. "My reputation, I don't wanna see spaaaam" well then close the damn chat window and never use it. Simple solution to a simple problem for apparently simple people.
There is already a chat system on ps4. Are you one of those who too shy to use a microphone? Lol
[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Auradinho on Mar 12, 2020, 1:30:52 PM
"
Auradinho wrote:
There is already a chat system on ps4. Are you one of those who too shy to use a microphone? Lol

No, there isn't. There is community groups, that's it. I prefer to play by this game by myself if I'm being totally honest, it is to poor performing to play with others. I really would like world chat for trading and portal sharing though, by the time you get a response in communities it's to late.

You wouldn't have to worry about "in game reputation" unless you're a dishonest player as well.
Talking about selfishness.. Lol these kids..

Read it better, I've said that if you kids need it you can have it but I don't want to be forced to deal with your bullshits and spam because its more than enough the bullshits that I have to read in the in-game market chat.
So you can have it, but I want to be free to get rid of it completely from my screen.

Message got? Lol

Just to be clear.. Who is whining is you, surely not me.
I play the game like it is
Is you and others like you that are crying because they want the global chat

Lol how funny

And on a serious note: besides from portals where I can see the point, why you need global chat for trading?
There's a market that, despite being depicted like is hell, works perfectly fine and much better than pc counterpart.
The only thing that could improve our market is a website where you can find items just like they do on pc.
Last edited by Asra101010 on Mar 12, 2020, 3:58:01 PM
"
Yougotsonnend wrote:
"
Auradinho wrote:

No, there isn't. There is community groups, that's it. I prefer to play by this game by myself if I'm being totally honest, it is to poor performing to play with others. I really would like world chat for trading and portal sharing though, by the time you get a response in communities it's to late.

You wouldn't have to worry about "in game reputation" unless you're a dishonest player as well.

Well you never got harassed by a troll. So that's not true. Repeat one message often enough and people will think it's true. Where there is smoke there is fire.
[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Auradinho on Mar 13, 2020, 5:54:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info