Chat is unnecessary for PS4

1000% percent disagree. Its not the same at all using the ps4 communications features compared to reading the global chat as I do maps on PC. I want a chat box in PS4! You are clearly just a console guy and never played this on pc. "meta gamers" ahah
Last edited by Orunitia_Vivi on Jun 9, 2019, 9:22:22 PM
Why in the hell would you want to limit the amount of interaction between players in a game ripe for multiplayer interactions? This needs text chat on ps4. This is really freaking stupid. It only adds to the experience. It's also part of the core game so they legit went out of the way to remove it. It just seems like such a stupid idea, to severely restrict the communication between players in a multiplayer game. It boggles my tiny little mind.
Last edited by LazyEllis on Jul 20, 2019, 4:40:47 AM
Having a chat will only make trading and overall communications better imo. The last mmo I played on ps4 is living proof.
This seems moronic. Why would you want to limit communication between players in a game designed to have multiplayer interactions? Not everyone wants to vc all the time. Sometimes want to hear the game, music, or anything but constant chatter. Just because you personally don't think it should be there really doesn't mean much, mr meta gamer. The fact that they sill have yet to implement a feature that should have been there from day 1 is astonishing. A feature that was integral to the game to the point where design changes had to be made to accommodate it's removal.. This seems like a very stupid decision.

EDIT: Apparently I bitched already and forgot. Have another I guess. This decision to not have chat is stupid enough to earn many bitchings.
Last edited by LazyEllis on Jul 23, 2019, 10:53:11 AM
just being able to have a global channel to group up with people and messaging people without having to leave the game would be a huge improvement. having a global trade channel to price check and to be able to casually monitor it in game would have a huge positive impact stabilizing the market. right now there is no easy way to price check items, the majority of console is casual, no one is going to want to deal with joining some chat group and then continually leave the game to monitor it. getting help with a map, meeting new people.

all they have to do is add a psn tag to auction listings and add global, trade and party chat and that would fix sooo many problems. your points about why we don't need global in game chat are not very strong.

the thought of skyrim online not having a chat window is laughable. it's laughable here too.
Last edited by ramsdellcp on Nov 22, 2019, 7:22:42 PM
In theory a global chat and trade chat is a good idea. In reality people will use it to spam shitty items that don't sell on the market. Call me cynical, maybe I am, but I don't see it adding much value. There will also be scammers, trolls, whiny kids that complain about the 'expensive economy'. yeah no thanks lol

If they do add it there better be an option to completely hide it from the screen.
[Removed by Support]
First off I'm using voice to text so sorry for the ongoing sentence I totally disagree I played Diablo 2 for years and totally enjoyed every bit being able to chat with people via messaging half the time everybody would just sit on the chat and b******* all day some people would say the funniest shitt it was great people would walk around town in the game and blurt out random stupid s*** that was a blasty blast it's what made me play the game hours on end with random people it's social interaction on a game that's what they did when everybody wasn't making YouTube videos people actually had fun playing with other people and of course we had retards on there that's where private channels came in and chat commands to mute people and commands to talk to people in different games
I’d rather not have a chat box tbh. The trade board let’s us trade without people lying and switching out items as a scam, and honestly the general chat pool would be a lot of people insulting each other like on PC.

Nah. If I want to chat I’ll use party chat.
It blows my mind that some people think trade is better over chat. The insults, the scammers who swap out their gear to try and screw other players... no thanks.

Add chat if you like, but keep the trade system and let me turn it off so I don’t have to deal with a bunch of screaming and angry people like on PC. It’s pretty toxic on pc if you’ve ever played it there.

I’d prefer just to offer a price and have it accepted or refused.
"
SaphironX wrote:
It blows my mind that some people think trade is better over chat. The insults, the scammers who swap out their gear to try and screw other players... no thanks.

~snip

trade as a whole is better not just item and currency trade. id like to get chat for lab trials alone at beginning of leagues. having to wait a week or more for uber lab kills me everytime

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info